Is Amazing Weather HD accurate or not?

alex 7

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello.

I have read many many different opinions but today decide to test Amazing Weather HD trial version...

I would like to read some more opinions about how accurate is this app...

Thank you very much...

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello.

I have read many many different opinions but today decide to test Amazing Weather HD trial version...

I would like to read some more opinions about how accurate is this app...

Thank you very much...

The app is one of the most accurate ones as it uses Weather Underground for it's data. The app is really very great. The animations, live tile customizations, lock screen customizations etc. make it really AMAZING.

anon(5667874)

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I have been very pleased with the accuracy. Recently went on a long road trip and accurately reflected the changes in locations and weather conditions.

Plus the live tile options are great!

=GO=

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Thumbs up! The only thing I don't like about it, is the lack of an animated radar.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Does it support a transparent Live Tile in WP8.1?

Yes, both transparent and non-transparent tiles are available. They are pinned within the app.

I agree with the others that the app is more accurate than many other weather apps. Also, when you first install it, instead of selecting a city, if you go to the settings and enable GPS, it will update the live tile based on your current location every hour or whatever interval you select.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes, both transparent and non-transparent tiles are available. They are pinned within the app.

I agree with the others that the app is more accurate than many other weather apps. Also, when you first install it, instead of selecting a city, if you go to the settings and enable GPS, it will update the live tile based on your current location every hour or whatever interval you select.

Thanks a lot! I decided to get the app, based upon your recommendation. You were right. I'm not disappointed.

alphablue597

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
This is very accurate app, it has very good weather alert. What I don't like is that live tile and lockscreen don't update at the same time, and weather data is always different.I send many e-mails to the developer, but no answer...
I like Bing weather, it's beautiful, but very inaccurate,I think the most inaccurate app in store.I hope they will fix it soon...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

alex 7

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your answers.... That was very helpful...

Does it support a transparent Live Tile in WP8.1?

Yes... But I saw there is no transparent tile for the big tile with the hourly predictions... Big fail but I guess they will add this with the next update....

What I don't like is that live tile and lockscreen don't update at the same time, and weather data is always different.I send many e-mails to the developer, but no answer...

Yes... Thats bad...

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your answers.... That was very helpful...

Yes... But I saw there is no transparent tile for the big tile with the hourly predictions... Big fail but I guess they will add this with the next update....

Yes... Thats bad...
Thanks for the tip.

I use a medium tile, so, I wouldn't have seen that.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
What I don't like is that live tile and lockscreen don't update at the same time, and weather data is always different.I send many e-mails to the developer, but no answer...

Yes, I noticed this. It's a little odd. The live tile will update hourly, then the lockscreen will update later using the last location that the live tile used the last time it was updated (if use current location is enabled). It doesn't bother me much though. I barely notice that their updates are 20 minutes apart anymore.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720