What should I do? Move back to Android?

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
If u want to go android get only flagship mid range android are crap.definitely android has improved a lot from gingerbread.that's why it has become more popular inspire of lags nd hangs.it now only occasionally hangs but you get all the apps nd Latest games.you would be better off with any android flagship.if I had to upgrade definitely android seems a good option.choice is yours.:-S:thumbup::mad::eek:

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Ya then what is point of smartphone if we have to keep location service Off, turn background task Off.sorry smartphones are becoming not that smart.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
If u want to go android get only flagship mid range android are crap.definitely android has improved a lot from gingerbread.that's why it has become more popular inspire of lags nd hangs.it now only occasionally hangs but you get all the apps nd Latest games.you would be better off with any android flagship.if I had to upgrade definitely android seems a good option.choice is yours.:-S:thumbup::mad::eek:

On the contrary,It seems to have downgraded from gingerbread, they have removed the apps to SD feature.

mayconvert

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
IF you do decide to go back to android, avoid samsung. Touch wiz fights everything that is google and makes for a bad experience.
Look at LG G2, or, G3 is due out within a month / 6 weeks. The HTC M8 has the worst camera ever put on a phone since 2007.
If you want a Great experience, Try Moto X or Nexus 5.
I like the G2 because its 5.2" of pure sexy and a battery that last forever.

I have a hard time taking you serious when you don't want iPhone because of politics but your ok with Same-sung... stop hating companies for dumb reasons.
Apple hasn't done a dam thing To you. Copy-sung might be the worst tech company on the planet when it comes to 'politics'
Apple and same-sung are same price on and off contract, so that is another comment that doesn't hold water either....

whatever.

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Must admit if i didn't have an iPad for my zynga gaming fixes words, scramble, gems, matching and other games like chess.com paper toss with friends to name just a few, im not sure i would stay with windows phone. Really don't understand why game developers don't produce these games for windows phone, i guess the market is just not profitable enough. Its a perfect platform fir these type of games what with the amazing live tiles, hey ho

Sent from a Lumia far far away

PureView

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Go for what suits you best, but I always feel WP is really about personalisation, not customisation....

that makes no sense. what do you think customisation is for? it's to personalise your phone just the way you want it. No 2 Android phones are ever the same, they're always personalised the way the user wants them to be

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
that makes no sense. what do you think customisation is for? it's to personalise your phone just the way you want it. No 2 Android phones are ever the same, they're always personalised the way the user wants them to be
...just like wp. Both platforms are very customizable but both UI's are very different.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey there. Trust me, I was in the boat you were before a lovely developer found a way to exploit 8.1 into bringing back the old Music Hub. I was about to drop the cash on an iPhone 4 even.

Anyway, if you are going to go with something Android, I would go with something that's completely hackable. Nothing from Motorola that will fight you just to unlock the bootloader. Samsung is probably the way to go for its ubiquitous support. The S4 running a custom stock ROM would definitely suit your needs. That said, Android is not an efficiently written operating system. It's got all the gizmos and gimmicks and app support you could ever want, but even on stock, it will begin to lag after a while. You could also sacrifice the camera and get a cheap Blu phone, as all of their phones are unlocked and are as close to stock as you get without having to root the phone. No TouchWiz, no Sense, no Motoblur. No stupid Android layers that kill your battery life.

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I own a Note II and a Lumia 1520 now running 8.1 Dev Preview. Both have shortcomings. Note has become slow over time; however no crashes and does what it says; over time it has repaid its cost allowing me to be productive and keep customers happy. It's plasticky and with subpar quality but strong hardware; customization on Android is on another planet. iOS and WP are light years behind.
The 1520 is a nice piece of hardware, runs smooth and fast no matter what but lacks over half of all what i need to enjoy a phone or to use it for work. This includes some keyboard inputs, Office not opening password protected files and a variety of other things that on the Note make my long days pleasant (like listening to youtube videos while reading on a split screen for example. So while i agree that Android sucks in a variety of areas (privacy first in line), after about 6 months of 1520 i still find myself forced to carry the Note II around to cater for the shortcomings of the WP ecosystem (That includes the subpar market). If you can, use both till WP is mature enough. To me the OS lacks in too many areas. The final version of 8.1 may be much better. After all Dev Preview is a Beta. But it's worth mentioning i had to upgrade because i couldn't handle WP 8 anymore. It was just rage in doing the most basic things and had the phone simless at home for months. For the battery don't worry. 1520 lasts long on both WP 8 and on WP 8.1.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You said you're holding onto it for another year. Between now and then the WP OS should have evolved significantly and I wouldn't be surprised if enough (if not all) of your concerns have been addressed by that time. You could be looking at 3 or 4 updates in that time frame. I'd say give it some time but it looks like you plan to. Let's hope it imroves a lot over the next year :wink:

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The thing is, what should I do? What would you do? And if someone has read so far, please answer and tell me your story and your opinions.

Thank you so much.:DD:excited:

I have talked to the Android gods and they have said they will accept you back with open arms, and hands in the pockets. LoL You do what is right for you. I had my fill of Androids, and with my 1520 I will not go back. WhatsApp? Don't know what that is, but since I don't use it, guess it doesn't bother me. My phone does what I want it to, looks great like I want it. WP is about you, not everyone else. So you want to follow the crowd, than so be it. If WP doesn't work for you, then go Android. And don't let anyone tell you different.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
If you are having problems on WP and are thinking of moving to Android again I don`t blame you. In recent Android flagships and the OS itself, it is getting harder and harder to say bad things about Android. I honestly can only knock Android for Google intrusiveness with Google Plus, but other than that, Android app quality and quantity is getting up there with iOS and flagships of late have good battery life, decent cameras and micro SD slots if you want that sort of thing. I actually played with an S5 yesterday and it felt real good in hand. If you do go to Android, the S5 and Moto X should be at the top of your list.

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
As far as battery, everyone has to manage that in any phone. It becomes an art of how to get the experience out of your phone with acceptable drainage. I have the 1520 and the battery life on this bad boy is better than any smart phone I have had before. No battery anxiety at all.

I tried Androids and Windows Phones and prefer the latter. The apps are more varied in the former, but the stability, fluidity, and personality is better in the latter. With Windows Phone, I don't have to worry about malware running bit coin mining or snooping in my phone.

Like the OP, I cant deal with iPhones. Their my- way - the- highway follow in tow mentality with charging cables, music and even video calls gives me pause.

If Windows Phone didn't succeed, I would begrudgingly and with anxiety get an Android with all kinds of monitoring apps and virus checkers and hope those apps had no viruses. If Android fell too, then I would get a beeper.

Last edited:

dcuk7

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
It's an interesting dilemma this and I'd wager there are a few people thinking like this. I have a 1520 which I think is a superb phone, and I've put 8.1 on it and its fantastic. I also have a Moto G as a backup phone when I need something a bit smaller. I switched to my Moto G last Saturday when I was going out (the 1520 didn't fit comfortably in my jeans pocket) and I'm still using the Moto G now!

I keep getting my 1520 out of the box but I'm just enjoying using the G at the moment. All the apps I need are there and are of significantly higher quality in some cases (Barclays bank app, Spotify, Temple Run 2, Whatsapp). I've actually thought about selling the 1520 this week and getting an Xperia Z2 (I had the Z1 before the 1520) or an LG G2 but I know I'd miss Windows Phone if I did. I've had the 8X, ATIV S and the 925 and each time I've moved them on to get an Android phone I've missed WP and came back.

No easy answer here really. If you change to an S4 I'd wager you'll miss Windows Phone and want to come back.

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
There's nothing wrong with wanting to move on to another phone. My daily driver is the L920 although I have a iPhone 5c and a N5 as well. I'm not a huge social nut or game player, so WP has all the apps I need to function and function well. But I see your dilemma is the total opposite of mine....

I say do what is best convenient for you, but if you love WP that much, keep the phone as well. There's nothing wrong with having more than one phone or OS (or no rule that says you can't have as many as you want either). Each OS has its strengths and weaknesses...for me it's more about preference and how it is used.

So, I believe you should get an Android phone but keep the WP device just in case you decide to want to use it sometime in the future. Hell, get yourself an iPhone 5s too while you're at it.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Most apps are just trendy for people who think they are cool. There's really only about 10 that really matter.

And if your battery is dying too fast, stop allowing every single app run in the background. I only allow those that I actually want to give me up to date info, like weather, facebook and twitter. Apps like navigation and photo editing do not need to run in the background.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Most apps are just trendy for people who think they are cool. There's really only about 10 that really matter.

I don't know why you are pushing your opinion like its fact.

And if your battery is dying too fast, stop allowing every single app run in the background.
Did you actually ask why OPs phone is having bad battery life or are we assuming?

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers