Poor Game Selection on WP8

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
My aunt uses a WP8 but she regrets it now because she couldn't pay candy crush........She is like "Android also has all normal apps and candy crush.....should have bought it instead"

I know a lot of people who wouldn't jump into WP8 because of poor app selection (Since this is related to games thread , I will not speak about apps)

Here's a list on the top of my head right now :

-Plants Vs Zombies 2
-Cut the Rope 2
-Cut the Rope Time Travel
-Field Runners 2
-Hay Day
-Clash Of Clans
-Candy Crush
-Ski Safari (Best game imo)
-Riptide GP2
-World of Goo
-Badland
-Stick Cricket
-Plague Inc

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Badland is working on a windows phone version . And I don't like playing candy crush , I am satisfied with the game selection on windows phone (which includes halo , asphalt 7 & 8 , dark lands and Tetris Blitz ). I am sure developers will start porting these apps when windows phone 8.1 is released

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
The only game I miss is Real Racing 3. Other than that Windows phone has a good selection of games...
aaaaaaannd... *drum-roll* it runs games better than any other platform with less lag and crashes.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Tell your aunt to download Jelly Smash or Hexic much better than candy crush

Sent from my Lumia 620 wp8.1 RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Tell your aunt to download Jelly Smash or Hexic much better than candy crush

Does it have facebook integration and cloud sync ?

She plays it on iPad 4 while at home but during travel or outside , she prefers phone.So , she wants to pick up where she left off

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Jelly smash has facebook login

Did a little research , couldn't find the app in facebook or iOS.............

Currently she plays Candy Crush on iPad and PC ......progress and scores sync across both the devices cuz of facebook integration.

Anyway , I will ask her to try the app.....I hope she likes it.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Did a little research , couldn't find the app in facebook or iOS.............

Currently she plays Candy Crush on iPad and PC ......progress and scores sync across both the devices cuz of facebook integration.

Anyway , I will ask her to try the app.....I hope she likes it.

See you have facebook option available

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140504_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140504_0001.png
    480.5 KB · Views: 4

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Try downloading it from pc. Even my friend had this same issue with his 525. He downloaded the xap file and then installed it on his 525

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
See you have facebook option available
I think you are mistaken.I am asking for cross-platform compatible game which can sync progress across all devices.

Candy Crush for example , I play it on my PC , on my GS4 and on my iPad 3 (all are tied to facebook ID and If I complete 1st level on one device , other two devices get updated with my progress)

Jelly smash on other hand doesn't have an app in facebook .Its not available on iPad either.

Basically , that game is only meant for WP8 as standalone game.

Last edited:

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Never tried that game on android or ios. I love playing games on my lumia only. Tell your aunt switch to new apps. Games in our store work almost lag free. Tell her to download Hexic she will love that game. If she likes the game she wont leave her phone only

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, but:

oUJIPCt.jpg

Seriously, buying a Windows Phone to play a Android/iOS game "X" is like buying an iPhone to play HALO: Spartan Assault.

Complaining about a game not being available on Windows Phone is fine. Complaing that you regret buying a Windows Phone to play a game that was never available on it is stupid.

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I personally think WP has a Great selection....there's far too much chat about the app gap between the OS these days, it's a phone for gods sake! There are great alternatives in store, just need to shop around. The choice is there!

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Complaining about a game not being available on Windows Phone is fine. Complaing that you regret buying a Windows Phone to play a game that was never available on it is stupid.

This is a games forum , So I didn't start with apps , There are so many apps missing as well.

When your friends and family are playing so many awesome and latest games while you are stuck in the past , I know how it feels because always waiting for things.......(ex-WP user here).

All I ask is :
I want a game which syncs across all devices.
(yes , Just like Halo ! don't know if it supports cloud sync but I believe it does)

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
This is a games forum , So I didn't start with apps , There are so many apps missing as well.

When your friends and family are playing so many awesome and latest games while you are stuck in the past , I know how it feels because always waiting for things.......(ex-WP user here).

All I ask is :
I want a game which syncs across all devices.
(yes , Just like Halo ! don't know if it supports cloud sync but I believe it does)

I never use mobile as a gaming device , for that I have gaming console. Xbox/PlayStation are made for games and they have better game selection when compared to iOS and android.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I personally think WP has a Great selection....there's far too much chat about the app gap between the OS these days, it's a phone for gods sake! There are great alternatives in store, just need to shop around. The choice is there!

Choice is here but only clones.

For example :
Android has "Google Play Games" app which supports cloud sync via google+ and acheivements as well (Yes ! just like xbox).It works seamlessly across all Android devices just like how xbox integration works across all WP devices

But what if I want to play games on multiple platforms ? There's facebook app sync which is heavily missing here because either game is missing on PC or iOS but available only on one platform.

Anytime you remove game and re-install it later , all data is still there.If I want to remove hay day on my iPad but still want to play hay day only using phone , Yes I can ! because the same game works across multiple platforms without loosing a bit progress.

On WP, I searched for alternatives (yes! choices) but couldn't find a single game except clones and copycats which only exist in single platform (I wouldn't mind a game being a clone or copycat but quality should be maintained)

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I never use mobile as a gaming device , for that I have gaming console. Xbox/PlayStation are made for games and they have better game selection when compared to iOS and android.

Not everyone has time to sit at home and play those....
Mobile gaming is awesome to kill time during travel or outside.
(That's the reason why Microsoft bought xbox acheivements even to phones and also introduced Kids Corner for parents who give devices to their kids)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre