My New Action Center concept!

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, this is way too busy and cluttered. Let's be honest - if people wanted information thrown at them in colourful rectangles they'd just use a live tile. Stuff like Search and Power options aren't needed at all. =/

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I think you need to spend some time thinking carefully about the problem that you are fixing. Then fix it in a way that is intuitive and easy to use, not just for powerusers but for very casual users.

As it is I don't know what the problem is that you are trying to fix. Are people up in arms because of the color of the notifications? When I look at an app in the app store, I won't download it if the developer can't explain it to me in a sentence or two. I look at your description in the initial post, and I would decide "no" after a brief peek at it, because there is no problem listed that concerns me. Moreover, it just looks so cluttered that if I did try it, I would uninstall it after 15 seconds based on the appearance.

Studio384

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry, but this looks ugly, to much of a mess. And why would you want power options in the action center in the first place?

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Small detail, we all missed; "It works when sliding left when you're at start screen!" If you make it only accessible at start screen it defeats the purpose, I want to be able to play a game and pull notification down for a quick glance at time or notification. What is the point of this notification center if you can't access it everywhere?

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I got excited cause I heard Paramore and then it ended. 1/10

On a serious note I do like the concept, HOWEVER the text inside the notifications seem way too clutter.

Also why not fully utilize the entire screen?

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I actually like this concept. Its convenient to swipe in from left. I do think the current action center is Androidish. Well, keep creating...best wishes to you! :)

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYcVTbzjBEo
I Made the notifications more small too so it will fit on the black side! :)

hey
firstly," i made the notifications more small" ??? grammatical error.
secondly, while i do like your attempt at a notification center your design does not take into account the Modern UI design principals of Windows, as such your rendition of the slide out notification center seems disjointed and not part of the OS.

iIlike what you did but you need to think it trough from a design and usability standpoint so when you do your next video and i look forward to it, it will look like part of the OS with some special features of your own makings since currently looks like Windows 8 meets a bit of android widgets.

I would say keep the notification center at the top and use the left edge of the star screen for a new function
(multi-window).

P.S i love the paramore song you choose for the vid ain't it fun :) you got the skills just think it though a bit more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss