Trick to send music or songs in WhatsApp!

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
How To Send Music via WhatsApp

To make this trick work, first of all, you need to have Pocket File Manager app or other similar file manager apps on Windows Phone that can do file rename and copy operations.I recommend you to use Pocket File Manager, because it is the best and the first file manager app for Windows Phone.Though Pocket File Manger app is a paid app, you can use the trial version which has enough features to make our trick to send audio files on WhatsApp.

After installing Pocket File Manager, follow the below mentioned steps.

1.Open the Pocket File Manager app and browse to the Pictures folder ( from SD card or Phone storage depending on where you save photos ). On the Pictures folder, you will see a couple of sub folders named Camera Roll, Screenshots, Saved Pictures etc. Make a new folder there. Let?s name it ?WhatsApp Audio?.

2.Now using the Pocket File Manager app, copy the songs or music or audio file n your phone. For example, if I want to send music via WhatsApp, I would go to Music folder ( on SD card or Phone storage depending on where I save new music by default ) and from the folder of artist, I long press over the song to pop the option to copy the song.

3.Head back to the new ?WhatsApp Audio? folder in the Pictures folder we created in the first step. Paste the song there.

4.Now long press over the song you just pasted on ?WhatsApp Audio? to pop the options and select rename operation from it.For audio files, the file extensions are usually .mp3 or .wma . Rename the file extension of the song you copied to .mp4 .

5.Now open WhatsApp and when adding attachment, select videos.
Choose the ATTACHMENTS -----> VIDEOS, you will see the ?WhatsApp Audio? folder there. (If you don't see it, try restarting your phone!)
Tap on it to open the folder. You will see the song which we copied and renamed the extension there.

6.Send it. Don?t worry about the changed file extension of the music file. The receiver on the other end should be receiving the file as .mp3 file ( even though we send it as .mp4 file ! ).

This is the only working trick that allows you to send music songs and audio files saved on phone via WhatsApp in Windows Phone. This trick works on both Windows Phone 8 OS and Windows Phone 8.1 OS.

Have you tried to send music via WhatsApp on Windows Phone ? Did this trick work for you ? Let me know and also share this trick with your Lumia friends.

Last edited:

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Great! No matter WhatsApp update or not.. People will find way to make life with WhatsApp betterererrrrrr...rrr..rr.r

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
not working for me! I did following:
[1] Photos are saved to SD card in my phone. So I went to SD card-->Pictures folder.
[2] Created a folder called WhatsApp Music
[3] Copied a song from SD Card--> Music and pasted it to WhatsApp Music Folder.
[4] Renamed extension of mp3 file to mp4.
[5] Opened WhatsApp.
[6] in chat, clicked Attach icon--> Albums.
[7] I can see all default folders like camera roll, saved pictures, whatsapp, but not WhatsApp Music.

I also tried restarting my phone, yet can't find it in albums :-(

Did I miss anything here?

Roko Khongsai

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I did everything you mentioned but it's not working. I just can't find the whatsapp audio folder when clicking on albums.
Well after restarting the phone it works now. Maybe you should add that on the tutorial. :) great work. Cheers mate.

Last edited:

p.vivekkumar

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the trick, however I have 8.1 where Instead of " Album" we have "Photos" and there I have not found " Whatapps Audio" folder, rather I got it under " Video " Option.

Whatever, things have been worked.....that it.........

Heartily, congrats for this trick and thanks for sharing it.

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I did everything you mentioned but it's not working. I just can't find the whatsapp audio folder when clicking on albums.
Well after restarting the phone it works now. Maybe you should add that on the tutorial. :) great work. Cheers mate.

Yes, Added it in tutorial.
After new update for whatsapp, the folders have been shuffled or renamed. But it still works!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss