Nokia Lumia 925 vs iPhone 5s

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
If my my personal phone NL 925 is not a Windows Phone flagship than what the hell is it.

It does everything better than my work iPhone 5s that's is given to us by our company.

What do you say?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
IPhone is a big name for some peeps because of app store , made by apple. I wont say I hate iPhones , they are great but if you look at the user interface (ios 7) it makes me sick due to new animations. Camera on 5s is just OK because of videos taken at full hd 60fps and slow motion 720p at 120fps. I don't like the fingerprint scanner. Live tiles on wp is refreshing and I don't have to open apps after apps to check new content. I am sure by ios 9 5s would be running like iPhone 4 with ios 7.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
IPhone is a big name for some peeps because of app store , made by apple. I wont say I hate iPhones , they are great but if you look at the user interface (ios 7) it makes me sick due to new animations. Camera on 5s is just OK because of videos taken at full hd 60fps and slow motion 720p at 120fps. I don't like the fingerprint scanner. Live tiles on wp is refreshing and I don't have to open apps after apps to check new content. I am sure by ios 9 5s would be running like iPhone 4 with ios 7.

You talking about iOS 9 I doubt it. I think iOS 8 would be enough 😉

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

I like Apple also nothing wrong with a little competition. Yes the iPhone is great, I know. But Windows Phone users don't consider the NL 925 as a flagship phone.

Why?

I put the NL925 and Cortana pound per on a daily basis against an iPhone 5s and Siri. And my NL925 beats the iPhone and Siri on everything.

And I mean everything. It is taller and wider than the iPhone. Toib videos are way more clear than YouTube. Better picture, better sound. Etc

If this phone the NL925 is not a flagship than what is?

Last edited:

PureView

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
If my my personal phone NL 925 is not a Windows Phone flagship than what the hell is it.

It does everything better than my work iPhone 5s that's is given to us by our company.

What do you say?
Your 925 has hardware that is close to 3 years old. The SoC on the iPhone 5S wipes the floor with even the latest Snapdragon 800. It also has a better camera than the L925. So there you go.

PostItNote

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Your 925 has hardware that is close to 3 years old. The SoC on the iPhone 5S wipes the floor with even the latest Snapdragon 800. It also has a better camera than the L925. So there you go.

This is exactly right - for pure hardware, it's not even close. The Lumia is better in low light conditions for photos, but that's about it. Then again, the Lumia 925 is priced as a midrange phone (and it is) while the iPhone 5s is a premium phone. IOS is feeling more and more dated as an operating system, but the hardware in the iPhone 5s is second to none.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site

I'd say it only wipes the floor when it run IOS, because its optimized for that chip.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Its because they priced it as mid range.those products priced premium will be flagship.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hahah I see there are valid points here.. Especially regarding hardware.. But in MY opinion the "user experience" I have with my 925 can't be rivaled by any other phone.. Not even the Iphone 5s. The best things I like about the 5s is that I could actually use it with one hand and that it has a physical button for silencing the phone! But the 925 beats it in every other aspect -- Screen size, browsing, readability (pdf files), gaming (however the 5s does have more games available than us lol), re-sizing tiles :devil: and gps :cool:

Abdul9

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the a7 on android or windows phone would run so bad. Apple really no how to optimise their os.
Well they have the advantage of making their socs sonly for IOS while Wp and Android oems have to try to optimize the OS for the soc, thats much difficult if you ask me and even then Wp still manages to run smooth with socs in the 1.1Ghz level.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Well they have the advantage of making their socs sonly for IOS while Wp and Android oems have to try to optimize the OS for the soc, thats much difficult if you ask me and even then Wp still manages to run smooth with socs in the 1.1Ghz level.

And because of that, they can run their phones underclocked and underRAM'd than their competition. Their A7 for instance is a dual-core 1.3GHz processor with an added half a gig of RAM. If you had those specs on a Windows Phone (the 925 has a 1.5GHz processor with a full gig of RAM), you'd get complaints if it's sold for as much as the iPhone is sold. Probably wouldn't run as well either (the 630-635 has a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor with a half gig of RAM). Then you have the screen size, and we all know what we like, haha.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

L925 hardware is 2 years old. It's the same stuff powering the S3, One X and Droid Razzr. Anyway, the iPhone is faster than those Q800 devices because 1) different OSes, 2)in the case of iPhones, they can be programmed to the metal where as Android devices programming is not.

iOS is optimized great for iPhone hardware. The same thing can be said for WP OS and it's hardware, more or less. (WP8.1 prev does not feel native at the current time though)

So it's not only a matter of specs. Unsurprisingly it never was. Take a Lumia 900 with WP7.8, an iPhone 4 with iOS6 and a Samsung Galaxy S1 with Kitkat. All three run on single core ~1 Ghz and 512 ram and yet most of the time Android will crawl where WP and iOS will breeze by. WP being the fastest overall.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I do believe that the NL 925 is a top of the line device. I also believe its still better than the 5s.

I can't say much on build quality. Both are great in that aspect.

I prefer the 925s camera to the 5s because of many reasons. It takes better pictures. My use between the two, and watching video comparisons confirms that. OIS helps to trump i5s video taking ability because of less shake and ability to have smoother video; videos that are in less than perfect lighting.

It also has a better screen. Higher resolution, with sun-light readability. Nokia glance screen and things like Pure motion +. IPhone is still great looking, but it doesn't offer these things.

The 925 also has better mics. Making videos, voice recognition, annotating notes, messages, etc that much more enjoyable.

Ios7 just got zooming while recording. 925 been enjoying that for a while.

Lastly, it looks better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte