Won't someone PLEASE make a simple digital clock tile that works?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't even matter. The guy/gal asked for app suggestions, not ways you think he/she should use their home screen.

I was just responding to one part of what he wrote, based on my experience. If someone writes something, I think they have to expect us to respond to it. He didn't ONLY ask for app suggestions.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I have this app on an ICON with 8.1, 8.1 update and I am having problems getting the program to stay updated. Sometimes the time shows and at other times, it's frozen and nothing I have found will kick start it. The only way I've found to get it running again is to uninstall and reinstall. It usually last a few days before dying again.

Enable it in the background always, and sometimes if you are on home screen for a long time live tiles stop updating I think after 30 seconds every live tile just freezes if you don't touch the screen so this messes with the time too.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Really...Screen real estate. Wtf, are you getting at, the home screen is personal so don't try to tell me what my property needs.

Hey I know. Let's all complain because Nokia hasn't added a...... let's say an additional camera button...... to the one that's already there. Then you can have two camera buttons. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. There's already the built-in camera button, but another one on the left side of the phone for left-handed people.

Why on earth would a dev want to create a tile that just has time on it? The majority of users are not going to install, and much less, pay for such an app.

Hey, I wonder what time it is. Let me look at my phone. Ok, I hit the lock button, there is the time on the lock screen, but it's probably wrong. Swipe the screen. Now I need to scroll to the tile with my time. Hey, there's the time in the top right corner. Nah, still need that tile. Ah, there it is. Ok, it's that same time as the other two clocks I've already seen.

Promethius99

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
My clock hub tile doesn't always show time, i have to unpin it from the start screen, and repine it,and then it usually works,only had this happening since the 8.1 update!!!.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Hey I know. Let's all complain because Nokia hasn't added a...... let's say an additional camera button...... to the one that's already there. Then you can have two camera buttons. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. There's already the built-in camera button, but another one on the left side of the phone for left-handed people.

Why on earth would a dev want to create a tile that just has time on it? The majority of users are not going to install, and much less, pay for such an app.

Hey, I wonder what time it is. Let me look at my phone. Ok, I hit the lock button, there is the time on the lock screen, but it's probably wrong. Swipe the screen. Now I need to scroll to the tile with my time. Hey, there's the time in the top right corner. Nah, still need that tile. Ah, there it is. Ok, it's that same time as the other two clocks I've already seen.
Everyone is different. I have an analog clock tile because I find digital clocks to be the lazy way of telling time. Everyone isn't like you.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site

Why don't you try telling how useless it is to the Wpcentral staff or how about HTC since it was them who made it possible first. I mean if they make 1 minute updating, do you think nobody is going to make a clock tile? You obviously don't care for clock tiles, so don't bother about it. The app is not bothering you is it?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
It's simple. You've got to look at the bigger picture. Why would a dev create a tile for time? The first thing that pops up when you hit the lock screen, is the time. No, I don't care for a clock tile. Just put yourself in a devs shoes. Is it beneficial for a dev to create such an app? That may be why you don't see 50 clock apps.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
It's simple. You've got to look at the bigger picture. Why would a dev create a tile for time? The first thing that pops up when you hit the lock screen, is the time. No, I don't care for a clock tile. Just put yourself in a devs shoes. Is it beneficial for a dev to create such an app? That may be why you don't see 50 clock apps.
That's what people dont realize. If the app is running in the background ask the time(by user allowing it), ads can constantly be shown in the background which gives developer profit. And possibly the developer liked the HTC clock idea, which as I said tell HTC that their clock is stupid if you claim it is worthless. The clock is mainly for people who like big clocks, most likely former android users.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
That's what people dont realize. If the app is running in the background ask the time(by user allowing it), ads can constantly be shown in the background which gives developer profit. And possibly the developer liked the HTC clock idea, which as I said tell HTC that their clock is stupid if you claim it is worthless. The clock is mainly for people who like big clocks, most likely former android users.

I will agree with the ads for dev profit. Although, I can't believe those ads actually produce enough income to make a difference. I tend to overlook the ads. And if anybody from HTC wanted my opinion on clock tiles, I wouldn't hesitate telling them. :grin:

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I will agree with the ads for dev profit. Although, I can't believe those ads actually produce enough income to make a difference. I tend to overlook the ads. And if anybody from HTC wanted my opinion on clock tiles, I wouldn't hesitate telling them. :grin:
Ok, well basically understand its mostly an android thing, they miss the big clock from the Android's home screen.

Rad Matic

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Looks like the Clock Hub guy finally heeded my plea and reverted to a 15MB clock that actually keeps time! 1MB clocks simply do not work. He got rid of the weather (yea!) and added an analog clock. I am now finally satisfied with this phone (again) and don't feel like going back to Android just to get a GD clock.

Poor Arnold Vink. He's never going to get that thing to keep time. Kudos to the Analog Clock guy. His always worked and he hasn't been tempted to screw it up by adding weather and other features.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Looks like the Clock Hub guy finally heeded my plea and reverted to a 15MB clock that actually keeps time! 1MB clocks simply do not work. He got rid of the weather (yea!) and added an analog clock. I am now finally satisfied with this phone (again) and don't feel like going back to Android just to get a GD clock.

Poor Arnold Vink. He's never going to get that thing to keep time. Kudos to the Analog Clock guy. His always worked and he hasn't been tempted to screw it up by adding weather and other features.

why was weather removed btw?

Tab Numlock

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I was wrong about the latest Clock Hub. Tho it is better than it was, it still doesn't keep accurate time. I don't know why he doesn't just go back to the 12MB one, which worked perfectly (on my two 520s).

Fortunately, there is a new app called Start Screen Clock. SO FAR, it is working. Only 1MB and no extra junk.

Start Screen Clock | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Reminder: A clock that doesn't keep time isn't a clock. It is the opposite of a clock, a device that lies about the time.

Last edited:

Tab Numlock

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I was wrong about the latest Clock Hub. Tho it is better than it was, it still doesn't keep accurate time. I don't know why he doesn't just go back to the 12MB one, which worked perfectly (on my two 520s).

Fortunately, there is a new app called Start Screen Clock. SO FAR, it is working.

Start Screen Clock | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Reminder: A clock that doesn't keep time isn't a clock. It is the opposite of a clock, a device that lies about the time.

Edit: Holy crap, it is working flawlessly. Can my long quest for a clock that I don't have to constantly double check be over?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)