Have I become... A ******?

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I love it. Although I would say it doesn't come across as being fanboyish in the beginning, it seems you had to begin to fight fire with fire because you are actually fighting against Android fanboys as well.

I have three phones with each OS (WP--L920, Android--N5, and iPhone-5C) and I use the L920 as my daily driver. Why? I'll say it again since I did explain it on another forum post a while back... I initially started with iPhone because at the time, it was really the first true fully touch smartphone at the time and was a smooth UI to boot. But, I had to jailbreak my iPhones to get all the functionality i needed while keeping that smoothness of the UI. That really became such a pain, because each iOS upgrade broke the jailbreak, and the cat-and-mouse game of jailbreak developers began EVERY TIME. After a while, this became tedious and I decided to switch to Android. I loved the customization of Android--hell I still do, but the more you to add to the OS in terms of customization, the more Android became unstable and prone to crashes, freezing, and lag. Even in the latest updated version, it still seems to lag. So to remedy that, I began to root my Android devices to gain both functionality and customization (overclocking, ROMS, etc.); it began to be iOS all over again. I didn't want to go this route any longer, so I decided to give WP a try. I was honestly surprised by its smooth UI similar to iOS but with a semi-customized feel of Android in one package. I stuck with my L920, even though buying a N5 and a 5c in the process to see how each OS handled their transitions.

It felt like every time I tried to switch and use either N5 or the 5C, I felt compelled to go back to WP. Now that 8.1 is here, I feel more drawn to the OS.

So from an individual that has all three OS platforms, I say you haven't become a ******... you just chose and stick up for the OS that best meets your expectations. Good job on the debate in there as well!

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate the lengthy and well versed reply. The worst part is when they don't know that they're fan boys. They really feel as though they're looking at things objectively.

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Most of them do. It's a habit of people that only "hear" about WP and actually not experience it. I could have been the same way a couple of years ago if I only listened to reviews and comments instead of actually diving in. That's why I always make a conscience effort to try anything myself and not let the opinions others hinder my decisions.

I always take what a person says with a grain of salt even in real life situations. The only way to truly experience something is to do it, not just hear about it--at least that's how I feel.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Most of them do. It's a habit of people that only "hear" about WP and actually not experience it. I could have been the same way a couple of years ago if I only listened to reviews and comments instead of actually diving in. That's why I always make a conscience effort to try anything myself and not let the opinions others hinder my decisions.

I always take what a person says with a grain of salt even in real life situations. The only way to truly experience something is to do it, not just hear about it--at least that's how I feel.

Hated that silly little HD 7 when I first had it for a week. Then I tried going back to Android... Nope... So dated and a chore to use. Almost 4 years later, I use the other operating systems but find iOS to be a glorified app launcher and Android to require great customization to be usable.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Other than the one Android ******, the thread is actually quite civil!

There's one thing that I think there's too much of here on WPCentral, and that is trash talking the competition (lagdroid, crapdroid, iSheep). Some may be warranted, but not as much as it gets. There seems to me to be a lot more of that here than on the other forums.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
As someone who treks through all of the mobile nations forums, here's some tips.

iMore-There are other phones that aren't Apple? You must mean those saved by the bell cell phones.

AndroidCentral- There is no lag and we have an intuitive UI. Also, Google would never do anything less than noble.

WPCentral- We're only third place because we were late to the party. We are the only OS bringing anything new to the table.

Crackberry- Uhm, remember BBM? It's a hell of a thing. Also, despite the infinite security flaws in the latest iteration of our OS we're so secure.

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

There's one thing that I think there's too much of here on WPCentral, and that is trash talking the competition (lagdroid, crapdroid, iSheep). Some may be warranted, but not as much as it gets. There seems to me to be a lot more of that here than on the other forums.

I agree on the clueless trash talking about iOS and Android on WPC. WP is not the perfect OS, and neither is iOS and Android. I have the privilege of being to able to use all three and I prefer WP for a few reasons. Some of it is unwarranted, or merely he-said/she-said nonsense without ever being in-depth in iOS and Android.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree on the clueless trash talking about iOS and Android on WPC. WP is not the perfect OS, and neither is iOS and Android. I have the privilege of being to able to use all three and I prefer WP for a few reasons. Some of it is unwarranted, or merely he-said/she-said nonsense without ever being in-depth in iOS and Android.

Actually, there's not nearly as much talking about the competition period on the other forums. That's likely due to the fact that they're looking down, not up (not counting Crackberry).

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I feel were talk about iOS more than our own OS sometimes. It's okay to say, "Well, my OS does this better." Pandering a bit is okay but we shouldn't have threads across the board talking about how Android does this and this we need it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This thread is now reopened. Please review the Community Rules.

We are welcome to discuss differing points of view, but we need to keep the thread polite and on-topic, and discuss the comparisons between devices and platforms, not each other as members. Debate is fine, but trash-talking is not acceptable.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
That Windows Phone user is kind of a babe, what's her phone number?

I wish that cartoon had the same setup for Windows Phone as it did for all the other phones, I would have liked to see that.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site

That probably is due to feeling like the underdog...

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
That Windows Phone user is kind of a babe, what's her phone number?

I wish that cartoon had the same setup for Windows Phone as it did for all the other phones, I would have liked to see that.

It's the age of the cartoon, if it were done today it would probably be Android, iPhone and Windows Phones Users, or even just Android & iPhone Users.

Editguy1900

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
To some degree, I think we're all "fanboys" of products we come to like. I think what makes us a little different as Windows Phone users is that most of us have experience using the other products, whereas many Apple users have never used anything but Apple products. I guess what I'm saying is that at lest some percentage of our fanboyism is form experience, not just personal biases and opinions (not that we don' sometimes fall into that, too.