Skype Crashing?

Mark Seychell

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have recently purchased a Nokia Lumia 925, and updated to the Windows Phone 8.1 developer preview. I adore the phone and the OS.

However I have noticed a recurring issue I cannot get around. Everytime I video call someone via Skype, and both me and the recipient of the call are using video, it crashes to the 'start' menu after just a few seconds. At first I thought it was an issue with RAM and tried to close background apps, but it just keeps happening! This also used to happen on my old HTC 8s with both Windows Phone 8.0 and 8.1

I would very much like to hear your thoughts/advice on this. Skype is an integral app for me in both my business and personal life, and really need to get this sorted ASAP.

thank you very much

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
It seems the Skype is a hit or miss. I don't have any issues but it appears lots of people do.

I'm more inclined to go with the fact that WP8.1 is causing your issues. Did you hard reset after installing WP8.1? I'm of the firm belief that WP8 had many issues and WP8.1 should clear most of them, however a hard reset is usually required after installing WP8.1 to clear the issues.

It's a suggestion though. Some people have an issue wanting to hard rest.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
thanks for your reply!

Yes, I also have such an issue to lose all my apps/data. Or can this be easily restored from a backup?

Depends on the data. If it's app specific them it depends on the app if it had enabled a backup feature. Otherwise all your apps, start screen and data is backed up. There are some articles on here dealing with this. I'm currently on the WPC app so a bit tricky to find things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre