Hi all! I'm looking to make the perfect win 8 phone

bcraig94

May 25, 2014
Visit site
This should get post should get some attention. Not every day where a forum member says they want to build the perfect windows phone. Anyway to get to the meat and potatoes of this I want to create the perfect windows phone and this is where I'd start. *Snapdragon 800 *5" LCD screen(to enable glance screen with 3rd party app) *2gb of RAM *Aluminum frame/VaporMG(I really like this metal but I doubt I could get any into production without Microsoft) with removable rear frame(sliding mechanism to reveal battery) * Swappable battery with the door to the SD card slot there too * Hardware buttons for search, start, back, and camera. *As for design think Zune HD but prettier. Anyway if ANYONE has any tips on how to bring this to reality please let me know as currently I can't access parts to build this.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
All I can offer is a hell-o and welcome to WPC!

Keep up with the design ideas someday you may see it come true good friend...

bcraig94

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to all who replied and I would like to say currently the phone is being designed in CAD and I'm trying to send the design to be 3-d printed as plastic will be the prototype and metal the finished product. If anyone knows places where I can buy the internals and parts I could have a rough prototype functioning and built within 6-8 months and I will of course update the processor and screen accordingly when a finished product might be available! Thanks for the replies everyone!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to all who replied and I would like to say currently the phone is being designed in CAD and I'm trying to send the design to be 3-d printed as plastic will be the prototype and metal the finished product. If anyone knows places where I can buy the internals and parts I could have a rough prototype functioning and built within 6-8 months and I will of course update the processor and screen accordingly when a finished product might be available! Thanks for the replies everyone!

Not to rain on the parade here but i fear building the actual silicon will prove to be exceedingly difficult. Right now I just see a person with a dream on paper. But then again that's how any progress is often made.

I'd love to be wrong, but I was around webOS Nation after the Apothecalypse and creating our own webOS phone by the community was an idea constantly tossed around and fleshed out. Might want to take a look at those, some legitimate points are brought up there from Chinese manufacturers to Kickstarter to FCC certification (for the US), assuming my memory serves me right.

But don't let me stop you, just be sure you, and if the team gets larger, you all know what its going to take.
You/we are likely going to need some financial firepower/big guns to get the specs and electronic hardware you outlined.

Hoo boy.
but welcome aboard!

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello becraig94

You could purchase a complete phone, disassemble it, exchange the parts you don't want with compatible parts, and then reassemble it. Another option would be to purchase replacement parts off ebay. These are typically fully assembled modules. Is that the kind of thing you are looking for?

Also, are you aware that metal cases can block RF signals, and that a lot of specific software is used to simulate the affect of metal enclosures on signal quality? Are you aware that switching around LCD controllers, camera modules and even batteries will require changes to firmware? Based on your very short description it sounds like you might not be.

If you plan to start assembling from lower level components than what I mentioned above, and you have an engineering degree of some sort, then PM me and I may be able to help you out further.

Either way, good luck!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome, and good luck. As others have said, this is quite the challenge that you're putting yourself up to. I wish you well.

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
This could be very promising. I wish you all the luck in the world, you never know, this could be the next multi million pound company starting here :)

bcraig94

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Actually I had thought about that and my response to it was the led strip down the sides of the phone. Sorta like the notification light on my HTC Arrive a lot of people like a notification light. Anyway I figure I could probably squeeze the antennas around the strip and yes I have considered the changes to firmware and thought about starting with parts from a Lumia 920 to make the prototype.

iToms

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
My dreamphone would be a device with a snapdragon 810 quadcore-processor, 2 GB of RAM, 1080p (or even more) 4,5" AMOLED Display with Glance-ability, Micro-SD-Slot and dual-sim. it should have VoLTE, WLAN a/b/g/n/ac and a camera like the 1020

Nukey Pearce

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I thought I'd chirp in here.

If anyone has any physical design ideas, then feel free to sketch them and upload them. When I've got a good idea of the degisn you are looking for, I can put together a concept phone using 3DS Max, and upload the render examples here.

A previous example of a concept phone I knocked together and rendered in the space of a couple of hours is below:
lumia_stripe.jpg

Obviously this picture isn't part of the contribution but it gives you an idea of what to expect. I need some solid ideas for its external look, so keep 'em coming :)

yahia_malkawi

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
like a phone with a 2k (QHD) screen resolution, 5.1 " screen size , 41 camera and 5 front facing , Qualcomm snapdragon 810 octa-core 2.7 GHz and 64-bit chip , aluminum body and Lumia 930 design ,USB 3.0 water and dust proof and finger print , 3gb ram , 3700mAh battery. 64 GB storage

windows3000

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, my dream phone would be the Lumia 635 with 1-2GB of RAM and a front-facing camera. I have a bunch of other Windows devices, so I don't need a super-phone. :smile:

panesar7

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
A powerful 4 inched phone
1080p amoled screen
Quad core proc
2gb ram
2500-3000mAh battery
A nice pureview cam with OIS
32-64gb internal memory

A small powerful phone which can be used single-handedly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3