OneDrive better photo viewing?

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
With OneDrive offering huge storage space these days, many people (including myself) are uploading their entire folder structures (years worth) to their OneDrive for both backup purposes as well as to have your entire photo history on the go.

But I've found viewing this amount of of photos becomes really problematic in WP. The official OD app works, but the thumbnails are WAY too big so that scrolling through takes forever. Even in an album with just a couple hundred photos. You can also see these albums inside the regular photo viewer app in WP, but my god is it slow. Like, so slow its unusable. So that's a no go as well.

MS recently made this easier on the web, but haven't really done anything on WP to help. Dropbox recently offered a separate app on iOS just for photos. I believe MS should so something similar.

BTW, is there any app in the store that'll read my OD that serves as more of a photo viewer? I remember in my iOS days I had an app called Unbound that would do this with Dropbox & it was awesome. Super fast, cached all the thumbnails in first launch & was just for photos. It was basically like a desktop photo organizer but read from the cloud.

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Try to view one drive photos from photos hub :smile:

I already mentioned that. :) As I said, its so slow to load anything that its unusable. The official OD app is a bit faster than photo hub, but the entire layout is more for files than it is for a good photo viewer (large thumbnails within albums, etc).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos