08-29-2014 10:11 AM
96 ... 234
tools
    Two ideas I had:

Put the "News Feed" header into the status bar so you have a few more pixels for the actuall content. Problem: You lose the burger control. A solution I thought might be okay, is to put more buttons in the top navigation by adding horizontal scrolling. Unfortunatly your design is so great at having a lot of space for the content that I dont have much space to put in controls.

Attachment 68889
    nope don't agree with that mockup
    if you want more content space
    1) news feed stays where it is smaller font
    2)icons for "news feed", Friend Requests, Messages, Notifications should be smaller
    3) since icons will be small move the burger menu icon in the same row as the other 4
    4) also when you get a notification the icons should change in colour and the number next to it can be smaller ....

basically its the android app with windows phone looks .... then i like my render with your idea of saving some more space
    Last edited by Brandon Tobias; 06-12-2014 at 01:42 PM.
    06-12-2014 10:45 AM
    Great idea. I think you are really really talented as a designer
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    06-12-2014 12:58 PM
    Made some edits to the original concept try to reduce wasted space and some other weeks let me know what you guys think but you were definitely on to sum thing
    Attachment 68865
    As mentioned in one of my previous posts, the top portion of the app is intended to collapse when user starts scrolling, I just didn't get to making that work in the concept app. This means we shouldn't worry about conserving space when the user has almost the whole screen for content when user is actually focusing on the content. You can see this is the image below:
    fb_modern_scroll.png
    Also, Windows Phone's design language is pretty consistent on the side margins. Notice how everything lines up on the left and right side from the system tray to all of the content. I try to avoid extending content to the edge of the screen unless it's necessary. This is extra important when you use little to no chrome in your UI. Notice that the posts aren't boxed in (this is what I mean by no chrome). Again, this is core to WP's design language. Doing this also allows an inline image viewer that users can flip left and right if it's a multi-image post.

I do agree that the icons should be a bit smaller. I just didn't want to spend too much time on them so I went with the first size that seemed to work well enough.
    06-12-2014 06:15 PM
    ok kool well i just made my changes based on the Android version since your design its close to the android version in looks seeing as Android, ios and their apps are stealing wp flat ui. but i guess no chrome or boxing would work and the app you designed is nice
    06-12-2014 06:49 PM
    As mentioned in one of my previous posts, the top portion of the app is intended to collapse when user starts scrolling, I just didn't get to making that work in the concept app. This means we shouldn't worry about conserving space when the user has almost the whole screen for content when user is actually focusing on the content. You can see this is the image below:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_Modern_Scroll.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	69038
    Also, Windows Phone's design language is pretty consistent on the side margins. Notice how everything lines up on the left and right side from the system tray to all of the content. I try to avoid extending content to the edge of the screen unless it's necessary. This is extra important when you use little to no chrome in your UI. Notice that the posts aren't boxed in (this is what I mean by no chrome). Again, this is core to WP's design language. Doing this also allows an inline image viewer that users can flip left and right if it's a multi-image post.

I do agree that the icons should be a bit smaller. I just didn't want to spend too much time on them so I went with the first size that seemed to work well enough.
    I like it how it is. Any news on the development front? Would love to participate in a beta or alpha build
    06-12-2014 10:26 PM
    Here's my take of it.
    ad-1.png

My concept here is to bring back the old panorama UI from the old Facebook app but in the same time maintaining the functionality of the current one.

Its being divided up into 4 parts, the "Me" part is served the same function as the "3 line burger" menu. The news feed is called "What's new" Instead a separate menu for the likes, comments, etc, tapping the icons will perform the same actions, in other words, tapping the 'like' icon will give a like, tapping the 'comments' icon will bring up the comments list and also allows you to type in a comment in the same UI, and so on with 'share'

All notifications will go to the notification page where it will only show the most recent ones. Any notification older than 2 weeks/or being deleted will go to the 'history' in the app menu (not shown). You can multi-select by tapping the left side of the image just like in the messaging/email app.

Friends request is in the notification pane but its underneath the "general" notifications. Hold and swipe up to accept, hold+swipe down to reject.

Messages will go to the messaging pane, like notification pane, any messages older than 2 weeks will be automatically go to the 'history'.
    EssThree likes this.
    06-13-2014 03:58 AM
    I like it how it is. Any news on the development front? Would love to participate in a beta or alpha build
    It has started development. But it's still very early. Unfortunately, coding requires time I can't share much right now. I will leave a bit of a tease and say that I can log in and pull my news feed... still plenty of hurdles to jump through though.
    06-16-2014 09:02 AM
    I must say its a brilliant concept and you have much talent :)
    06-16-2014 09:30 AM
    Microsoft did it! Wooooohoooooo, the adopted the designe in the facebook beta one!
    06-17-2014 10:37 AM
    It has started development. But it's still very early. Unfortunately, coding requires time I can't share much right now. I will leave a bit of a tease and say that I can log in and pull my news feed... still plenty of hurdles to jump through though.
    Sorry mate, Microsoft already borrowed your design. You sure you don't work for them?
    06-17-2014 10:44 AM
    Thank you bro for make this possible
    Sent from the future with my Nanocellphone using Tapatalk version 68590382.182
    06-17-2014 10:45 AM
    Thank you bro for make this possible
    06-17-2014 10:45 AM
    Sorry mate, Microsoft already borrowed your design. You sure you don't work for them?
    Haha, I wouldn't mind working on apps for them but no, I don't work for them. I'm kinda glad, less work for me. Thanks to everyone that tried to bring this concept to Microsoft's attention!

We don't know if my concept design influenced the official app at all, but let's just be happy that the official app is something to more proud of to have now.
    Last edited by Im_Q; 06-17-2014 at 11:25 AM.
    06-17-2014 11:11 AM
    OP, your humility and sincere replies makes me really want you to continue doing the app at your leisurely time of course. Yes MS may have updated their app and it does look like your design but that shouldn't stop you from doing what you think is best for a Facebook app.
    06-17-2014 01:04 PM
    OP, your humility and sincere replies makes me really want you to continue doing the app at your leisurely time of course. Yes MS may have updated their app and it does look like your design but that shouldn't stop you from doing what you think is best for a Facebook app.
    Thank you for your kind response but this is Facebook's service and it's up to them to mold WP's version of it. My original intent was only to spur Facebook or Microsoft to create a better experience. I have other projects that I'm working on anyways as well as maintaining a blog dedicated to providing devs with the resources needed to improve their apps' UX. If fact, I'm pretty sure my blog is responsible for the implementation of the alphabetical jumplist found in OneMusic.

Be sure that I'll be around, busy doing what I can to encourage and enable our dev community to provide the best Modern UX that they can provide so everyone can enjoy WP's beautiful platform.
    PipoDj and Blacklac like this.
    06-17-2014 02:54 PM
    Try Facebook BETA!! 8.3.0.1 New desing *.* Awesome
    06-17-2014 03:21 PM
    I love you dude (Hypothetic) Lol, keep working and making wp awesome!
    06-17-2014 04:56 PM
    This is a cool design, but have you seen the Facebook beta app for WP 8.1, it is very similar to this
    06-22-2014 02:29 AM
    I love you dude (Hypothetic) Lol, keep working and making wp awesome!

Ok, that was enough!
    06-22-2014 08:45 AM
    so... beautiful.... breath-taking GUI.... honored the metro design language.... microsoft, why you no use this concept!
    06-29-2014 09:28 AM
    Good concept! But I think it looks better without the text on the news feed, requests, messages and notifications.
    08-29-2014 10:11 AM
96 ... 234