Facebook App Design Concept

BrandonTeoh

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Here's my take of it.
Ad 1.png

My concept here is to bring back the old panorama UI from the old Facebook app but in the same time maintaining the functionality of the current one.

Its being divided up into 4 parts, the "Me" part is served the same function as the "3 line burger" menu. The news feed is called "What's new" Instead a separate menu for the likes, comments, etc, tapping the icons will perform the same actions, in other words, tapping the 'like' icon will give a like, tapping the 'comments' icon will bring up the comments list and also allows you to type in a comment in the same UI, and so on with 'share'

All notifications will go to the notification page where it will only show the most recent ones. Any notification older than 2 weeks/or being deleted will go to the 'history' in the app menu (not shown). You can multi-select by tapping the left side of the image just like in the messaging/email app.

Friends request is in the notification pane but its underneath the "general" notifications. Hold and swipe up to accept, hold+swipe down to reject.

Messages will go to the messaging pane, like notification pane, any messages older than 2 weeks will be automatically go to the 'history'.

Im_Q

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I like it how it is. Any news on the development front? Would love to participate in a beta or alpha build

It has started development. But it's still very early. Unfortunately, coding requires time I can't share much right now. I will leave a bit of a tease and say that I can log in and pull my news feed... still plenty of hurdles to jump through though.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
It has started development. But it's still very early. Unfortunately, coding requires time I can't share much right now. I will leave a bit of a tease and say that I can log in and pull my news feed... still plenty of hurdles to jump through though.

Sorry mate, Microsoft already borrowed your design. You sure you don't work for them?

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
emesy6ed.png
Thank you bro for make this possible
Sent from the future with my Nanocellphone using Tapatalk version 68590382.182

Im_Q

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Sorry mate, Microsoft already borrowed your design. You sure you don't work for them?

Haha, I wouldn't mind working on apps for them but no, I don't work for them. I'm kinda glad, less work for me. Thanks to everyone that tried to bring this concept to Microsoft's attention!

We don't know if my concept design influenced the official app at all, but let's just be happy that the official app is something to more proud of to have now.

Last edited:

PipoDj

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
OP, your humility and sincere replies makes me really want you to continue doing the app at your leisurely time of course. Yes MS may have updated their app and it does look like your design but that shouldn't stop you from doing what you think is best for a Facebook app.

Im_Q

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
OP, your humility and sincere replies makes me really want you to continue doing the app at your leisurely time of course. Yes MS may have updated their app and it does look like your design but that shouldn't stop you from doing what you think is best for a Facebook app.

Thank you for your kind response but this is Facebook's service and it's up to them to mold WP's version of it. My original intent was only to spur Facebook or Microsoft to create a better experience. I have other projects that I'm working on anyways as well as maintaining a blog dedicated to providing devs with the resources needed to improve their apps' UX. If fact, I'm pretty sure my blog is responsible for the implementation of the alphabetical jumplist found in OneMusic.

Be sure that I'll be around, busy doing what I can to encourage and enable our dev community to provide the best Modern UX that they can provide so everyone can enjoy WP's beautiful platform.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
so... beautiful.... breath-taking GUI.... honored the metro design language.... microsoft, why you no use this concept!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos