LG G3 but with wp8.1 , would it be great ?

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,
A new thread.. a new discussion ,OH how I love discussions.
So yesterday we had the LG G3 announced , and in every meaning IT IS GREAT, so great that it almost took my attention to the Lumia 930 back to Android , or at least to G3. Till now, I'm still in Lumia 930 but the idea of having a windows phone-powered LG G3 would be fascinating and I know that I would choose it over any android or wp phone , what about you, would you buy this kind of phone if it exists??
P.S: I'm sorry if this doesn't belong to this subforum, I didn't know where to put it, oh and I was an Android ****** before getting to know wp ,I don't have any wp phone till now but I already like it.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Moved in right forum :)
You still have a fast and latest snapdragon 800 SoC with 2GB ram , !080p full hd display on Lumia 930 but G# wins in screen department , quadHD display something that I wont bother since 720p is enough for me. It would be great if LG make a same design windows phone 8.1 device (I also expect the same from HTC for HTC one M8 windows phone 8.1 device ). I would go for Lumia 930/1520 because of the performance one get on windows phone isn't available on any android device , 20MP pure view camera with raw image support , OIs and much more :smile:

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The screen sounds nice, but at this point I think the Lumia's camera and other features more than make up for the lack of super high resolution. 1080p is pretty sharp already for a screen that size, so going higher than that probably isn't worth a lot of compromises in other areas.

Of course, if Nokia wants to put the G3's screen on the 1020's successor, you won't hear me complaining.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
The screen sounds nice, but at this point I think the Lumia's camera and other features more than make up for the lack of super high resolution. 1080p is pretty sharp already for a screen that size, so going higher than that probably isn't worth a lot of compromises in other areas.

Of course, if Nokia wants to put the G3's screen on the 1020's successor, you won't hear me complaining.

With that camera hump AND a 5.5" screen it would be a BEAST of a phone... I for one would like to see something akin to Sony's Xperia Z1 Compact ship with WP8.1 and I think MS/Nokia can do exactly that with the Lumia 8xx series. A 4.3" 720p screened Lumia 830 with a Snapdragon 800 or higher, 2gb of RAM, changeable shells and a 2600mAh battery would win me out over the upcoming 930 on size alone. Saving $100-$150 on the SIM-free purchase price would be icing on the cake.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,
A new thread.. a new discussion ,OH how I love discussions.
So yesterday we had the LG G3 announced , and in every meaning IT IS GREAT, so great that it almost took my attention to the Lumia 930 back to Android , or at least to G3. Till now, I'm still in Lumia 930 but the idea of having a windows phone-powered LG G3 would be fascinating and I know that I would choose it over any android or wp phone , what about you, would you buy this kind of phone if it exists??
P.S: I'm sorry if this doesn't belong to this subforum, I didn't know where to put it, oh and I was an Android ****** before getting to know wp ,I don't have any wp phone till now but I already like it.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

I'll wait a year and compare the bugs from both the s5 and the g3, then pick the more reliable one up for cheap on Craigslist

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss