#BringBackWhatsapp CAMPAIGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
The more I look at this thread the more I think " what's the point of spamming WhatsApp" when all that is getting nowhere . They are aware that alot of people "need it" and working on getting a fix on this app .

There is a point when a movement raising awareness becomes bothersome and not very constructive . Again they are working on a fix so this does seem kinda pointless to do this

Don't do it. Nobody is asking you to do it or give your opinion. Seriously people in the Windows phone community are so passive. They take things with a passive attitude. Give them crap they'll eat it. IPhone and Android users would never be this... Weak

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Let's start with this one: you said, "The issue is, it seems like its not an app problem but a business deal or something. I don't know, but do you remember Joe Belfiore saying that the app is a problem,with GDR 3 and that 8.1 uses a different notification,core..."

We all know that WhatsApp has had notification problems on WP since... well, ever. We also know that WhatsApp is still using the volume hack even as recently as its most current version. You state you recall Joe Belfiore saying that it was a known problem with GDR3 and that WP 8.1 uses a totally different notification core.

So... if WhatsApp is known to use a hack and had known problems with notifications in GDR3, given that WP 8.1 uses a different notification core, isn't the logical jump that there must be really big, systemic issues with WhatsApp on WP 8.1 - as both WhatsApp and Microsoft confirmed when then pulled the app - and not some shady business deal that is certain to anger loyal Windows Phone WhatsApp users?

Isn't, then, the next logical jump that really big, systemic issues would require significant work and modifications to the application, larger than a quick fix, which might take some time to properly implement and test? Couldn't also a logical jump be that maybe WhatsApp wants to take this opportunity to finally correct the hack they've been using, which would require an entire new routine to be coded and tested otherwise there wouldn't have been a hack used in the first place?

All of the logical evidence points to really big, systemic issues with the app. No one knows what is actually happening behind the scenes with any app they put on their phone except for that app's developers. No one sees the source code, no one knows what tricks, shortcuts, or hacks were used in writing that application, but we DO know that WhatsApp did use known hacks. How do you logically jump from "wow, this app is messed up, because it's messed up they don't want anyone else using it, and they're trying to fix it" to a shady business deal that seems to purposely eff with loyal users?

What you haven't explained is WHY the app needed to be removed in order to be fixed? If the app works fine, then all that was necessary was finding the problem, fixing it, and releasing it when,it was ready. Case in point, Xbox Music. Now when,the 8.1 app came out it was borderline unusable. No one would, however, argue that Microsoft should have pulled the appuntil it was usable. It's absurd

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Annoying bunch of people??? Excuse me! Stop insulting us. You sir, you should leave this topic. I never post, but I had to make an account just for this. I'm getting extremely annoyed by your attitude towards everyone here. If you don't care about all this, what the hell on earth are you doing here. You are an insult to all the people that actually do understand the gravity of this problem. You are reported.

Yeah, I'm obviously the one throwing around phrases like "gay talk" and the like. Yup. Consider the way people like Daniel Rubinho, Tom Warren, Joe Belfiore and who else this campaign is targeted at feel like when being bombed through all social networks and you might get my point regarding annoying bunch of people.

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Wait until the Q2 sales report goes down, I'm sure we'll see losses. I'm pretty sure. Helped by the WhatsApp issue

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
What you haven't explained is WHY the app needed to be removed in order to be fixed? If the app works fine, then all that was necessary was finding the problem, fixing it, and releasing it when,it was ready. Case in point, Xbox Music. Now when,the 8.1 app came out it was borderline unusable. No one would, however, argue that Microsoft should have pulled the appuntil it was usable. It's absurd

It's been said several times already. We don't have slightest idea why Facebook chose to pull Whatsapp from the store. They sure as hell had their reasons. We don't know how huge the issues really were. If it had been easy to fix, they certainly hadn't pulled the app and instead delivered a quick update fix it like they used to.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
In addition, whatever big issues there are can be fixed without pulling the app. Or do the users of the app somehow prevent the developers from working?
What most people believe is that this is a Microsoft problem. Whatsapp pulled the app to force them,to get off their a***es. If whatsapp didn't care, they wouldn't have done anything. By campaigning, we put more pressure on whoever it is behind this and we could possibly effect something(not affect). If it fails, worst case is that NOTHING happens, so there's no harm in trying and you have honestly not shown that.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
It's been said several times already. We don't have slightest idea why Facebook chose to pull Whatsapp from the store. They sure as hell had their reasons. We don't know how huge the issues really were. If it had been easy to fix, they certainly hadn't pulled the app and instead delivered a quick update fix it like they used to.
Facebook didn't pull Whatsapp because Facebook has no power over Whatsapp...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Don't do it. Nobody is asking you to do it or give your opinion. Seriously people in the Windows phone community are so passive. They take things with a passive attitude. Give them crap they'll eat it. IPhone and Android users would never be this... Weak

What is the purpose of this campaign? I'm asking legitimate question. this is to bring back WhatsApp right ? They have stated multiple times that they are working on it . So I'm not sure what you guys are trying to achieve here. If they bring it back tomorrow I have a feeling the same people here will be complaining about x,y,z bug and worse than the last WhatsApp. Joe belfiore said they are working on a fix Idk about you but I know ill be happy knowing they are working on it. Now if it was 6 months later and still no WhatsApp then I would understand . Its only been 2 weeks going to 3. Lifes goes on with or without this app.

Now if you guys really mean business then drop WhatsApp together and show them they windows phone users wont stand for this and switch to another messenger app. A business can't take off if they have no customers . The fewer the users the fewer money they have. Instead of begging for the app switch and show them you mean business

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Wait until the Q2 sales report goes down, I'm sure we'll see losses. I'm pretty sure. Helped by the WhatsApp issue

There haven been gains and losses on every platform every quarter .sooooooo yeah I guess we will see losses and gains in other places .

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm in too! We can do this. They will finally knuckle under.
Would be cool if they bring back WhatsApp just before the campaign starts. That way we know they really couldn't take the whine anymore. Then we won. :)
They already said time after time that its going to come back when its fixed. So not sure where this winning is coming from ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077