#BringBackWhatsapp CAMPAIGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
they do know. Your campaign won't change a thing. If they had managed to fix the issue, they'd re-released the app by now. And in the end, it's a flipping app, nothing more, nothing less. It's not crucial to the success or failure of an os. I'm using whatsapp myself, but if i couldn't, so be it. There are tons of alternatives out there, many that are even superiour to whatsapp. And it's not even much of a deal to get friends to install another app in addition to whatsapp.
All this whining is seriously driving me nuts.

they don't have to fix the issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we are okay with a half functioning whatsapp until the update comes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
god, you guys can be so god damn ignorant!!!! maybe whatsapp is not important to you, but to half the world it is crucial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOBODY - ZERO - NOBODY buys a phone here without whatsapp. get this into your ignorant brains!

I do not ever want to hear again from you ignorant people that we could use other messaging apps!! it is getting beyond annoying!

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
we are okay with a half functioning whatsapp until the update comes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
god, you guys can be so god damn ignorant!!!! maybe whatsapp is not important to you, but to half the world it is crucial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crucial? 1/2 the world? I'm sure you need to calm down and re-prioritize.

Nandhadx

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
No MS is not. There is no need to unpublish the app, because it works just fine 90% of the time on my WP8.1 device, and it also did with GDR3. And even if notification would not work at all with GDR3, there is no need to unpublished it for those who are willing to manually open the app to check for new messages. It's better than nothing! So they are not aware at all of how important this app is to many people. This campaign is to let them know!!!!

CAMPAIN GOES ON!

For the billionth time, MICROSOFT DID NOT UNPUBLISH THE APP

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I find it amazing how so many people are giving some of you guys s many examples of how whatsapp is like one of the most important apps to places around the world but idk why you will continue to deny it lol gezz it's not that hard a concept to accecpt

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

NOBODY - ZERO - NOBODY buys a phone here without whatsapp. get this into your ignorant brains!

I do not ever want to hear again from you ignorant people that we could use other messaging apps!! it is getting beyond annoying!

Wow.. You have some serious issues, dude. Please, switch on your tv, watch the news, read some newspapers and re-think what is crucial and what is not. It's.Just.An.App.
Unbelievable that people managed to survive without having Whatsapp a couple of years ago. oO

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Wow.. You have some serious issues, dude. Please, switch on your tv, watch the news, read some newspapers and re-think what is crucial and what is not. It's.Just.An.App.
Unbelievable that people managed to survive without having Whatsapp a couple of years ago. oO

If you think a bunch of text reflects my state in life you are seriously delusional.
I’m just way more visionary than you and a bunch of other ignorant people here, and I see the importance of WhatsApp. Something that you fail to see. You have zero understanding of this whole thing. Do you want WP to continue? Then WP can’t afford not having WhatsApp for a few weeks. It will take over a year to recover from this, before people get faith in app support on WP.

desitunez

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Jami T. (WhatsApp Support)

May 30 01:55

Hi,

Thanks for your message. Sorry for the delay! We have received many emails recently, and we do our best to answer them all. Thank you for your patience.

We appreciate your interest in our beta version and welcome your feedback. Unfortunately, we do not plan to add any beta testers at this time. However, our developers are working hard on providing you with a high quality update soon. Please wait for a new update to be released; it will include bug fixes and new features.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!

Jami T.

WhatsApp Support Team

Interested in translating for us? Please visit WhatsApp Translation

Take a look at our FAQ: WhatsApp :: Faq
Chill guys :D

NOPE , same copy paste i got around day 2 when it was pulled LOL.

swapnil wajpe

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
So, two weeks is too long to fix a problem that you have absolutely no idea of what the problem is? Here's a newsflash. Sometimes technology fails, hugely. As far as I'm concerned all the moaning, whining and complaining is more likely to turn potential new uses off than no WhatseverApp will.

I have the idea, they only said its a "notifications" issue related to WP8 GDR3.

So question is isn't 2 weeks enough to fix that?
If its affecting WP8 GDR3 why has the app been delisted for 8.1 even for WP7?
Only a minority of people were facing the notifications issue, for rest it was working fine.
Why to delist an app completely, they could have easily kept on updating it like they are doing with beta.
No official announcement? Delisted the app suddenly overnight, you get the statement from joebelfiore instead of whatsapp that too after a public fury.

So now it seems it more than a technical glitch.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

Seriously. You and everyone who agrees with you, STFU. If you don't like it, you have the option of NOT READING THE THREAD.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Seriously. You and everyone who agrees with you, STFU. If you don't like it, you have the option of NOT READING THE THREAD.

Insulting people is what you do when they do not agree with you? If there where only a single thread to stay away from, heck, no problem. But there's several such whine threads across many forums. And this particular one here even demands for flooding Twitter and other social networks. Hard to avoid that.
I'd probably understand all the fuzz about Whatsapp being unavailable for WP right now, if the guys weren't actually working on it. They certainly had their reasons to pull it from the store. And who are you people to think you can judge about how long it takes to fix the issues that apparently exist? Are you developers? Have you ever made an app used by several millions of people that has to deliver notifications in real time to devices all over the world using at least 4 or 5 different mobile OSes? If not, I rather YOU to keep your traps shut.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Insulting people is what you do when they do not agree with you? If there where only a single thread to stay away from, heck, no problem. But there's several such whine threads across many forums. And this particular one here even demands for flooding Twitter and other social networks. Hard to avoid that.
I'd probably understand all the fuzz about Whatsapp being unavailable for WP right now, if the guys weren't actually working on it. They certainly had their reasons to pull it from the store. And who are you people to think you can judge about how long it takes to fix the issues that apparently exist? Are you developers? Have you ever made an app used by several millions of people that has to deliver notifications in real time to devices all over the world using at least 4 or 5 different mobile OSes? If not, I rather YOU to keep your traps shut.
The problem is, they gave their reason on twitter with @joebelfiore and people aren't stupid. Secondly, do you even have the app? I do and its not bad enough to warrant being pulled off. I mean we have Instagram BETA in the app store FFS. Also, you have the ability to AVOID EVERY SINGLE ONE of those threads. In addition, pardon my earlier rudeness, but all of you condescending guys come in here being insulting and aggressive and expect what exactly? If you don't care, you won't notice. Worst case scenario? Nothing happens. You,don't die or anything.
Now to make this point again. The problem with the app was an issue with the Notifications in Update 3 right? How does that affect Windows Phone 8.1 and,7.X. Use your brain....

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The problem is, they gave their reason on twitter with @joebelfiore and people aren't stupid. Secondly, do you even have the app? I do and its not bad enough to warrant being pulled off. I mean we have Instagram BETA in the app store FFS. Also, you have the ability to AVOID EVERY SINGLE ONE of those threads. In addition, pardon my earlier rudeness, but all of you condescending guys come in here being insulting and aggressive and expect what exactly? If you don't care, you won't notice. Worst case scenario? Nothing happens. You,don't die or anything.
Now to make this point again. The problem with the app was an issue with the Notifications in Update 3 right? How does that affect Windows Phone 8.1 and,7.X. Use your brain....

Please show me a single line I dropped where I was insulting or aggressive. All I'm trying to point out is that threads like this, and especially this so called campaign are a waste of time. It won't help you get the update any day earlier. And you also don't need to make anyone responsible for the app aware of the issue, as they already know anyways.
Again, who are you to know how long it takes to fix whatever issue may exist? And who are you to judge whether it made sense to pull the app or not? Maybe the guys were afraid of bad ratings in the store or whatsoever. Whatever it made them pull it, they certainly had their reasons. And there is nothing you, me or any other one around here could do to make them revert their decision or throw out the update quicker.
And yes, I DO know what Whatsapp is. I have it installed on my 1520 and use it pretty much every day. But if I were in a position where I had to hard reset my device, I wouldn't cry a single tear for not being able to install Whatsapp again for a certain period of time. It's just not that important. It's a god damn app.
Look, I've been using WP pretty much ever since it came to see the light of day. I have spent several hundreds of bucks for apps and games. Many of which have been pulled in the meantime due to compatibility issues. So in this case real money is involved. Whatsapp is free. That flipping one buck you have to pay per year aside.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Lol @ whatsapp is free except for the money you pay lol.
Better try than do nothing. And they already know, its a putting pressure on people thing.
Also, are you the kind of person that swallows every thing anyone says unquestioningly?

swapnil wajpe

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

Either join or ignore, there is essential app missing from the platform and at very crucial time of 8.1 launch and its hampering the progress of our beloved OS, its not for the present, but the future of WP. So don't teach anyone what they should do or they shouldn't, unless it affects you, and I don't think it won't affect you even if people kill over whatsapp, you can keep your wisdom to yourself.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Lol @ whatsapp is free except for the money you pay lol.
Better try than do nothing. And they already know, its a putting pressure on people thing.
Also, are you the kind of person that swallows every thing anyone says unquestioningly?

So it's these $0.99 per year that makes you run rampant? Oo In this case you shouldn't even have purchased a smartphone I guess. Jesus.
No, I definitely do not swallow everything people throw at me. But I think about whether it's worth my time and energy starting off a discussion or not. And in this very case it's certainly not worth it. We're talking about Facebook here, dude. A company worth something between $75 billion and $100 billion. How much do you think they care about a bunch of whiny people bugging them through social networks? ;)

Either join or ignore, there is essential app missing from the platform and at very crucial time of 8.1 launch and its hampering the progress of our beloved OS, its not for the present, but the future of WP. So don't teach anyone what they should do or they shouldn't, unless it affects you, and I don't think it won't affect you even if people kill over whatsapp, you can keep your wisdom to yourself.

So essentially you say as long as I'm with you guys, I'm allowed to utter my opinion. If I think otherwise I have to shut up, aye? That's some serious dictator**** thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077