The Glider: a concept of grouping tiles and navigating your homescreen.

descabar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
A few months back, when I didn't have the third collum of tiles, I made this concept. I was inspired how the app Group Tiles by vSoft let me organize my homescreen. I believe this way of organizing is more Windows Phone-like. The only thing was that it needed a lot of my homescreen's real estate, which led to a lot scrolling. This concept, the Glider, would make it easier to jump from one group to the other.

I'm still doubting the upwards gesture. Any suggestions?

WPGlider.jpg

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
What about the people using phones with software WP buttons? This might just collide with the swipe-up-to-show-buttons paradigm.

That said, this is a different (and arguably easier to discover) way compared to semantic zoom, which allows you to jump from place to place as well. Then again, semantic zoom might work better on larger screens, but that's just my opinion.

I'd rather have semantic zoom, though. But, this is a great concept nonetheless.

descabar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
@WanderingTraveler This concept was made quite some time ago, before any news on the on-screen buttons. Would a swipe up from the start-button be a solution for this paradigm?

The 'glider' could also be initiated by tapping group titles.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I m still wondering why WP doesnt use multi finger gestures for slide?? it could be very very useful
two finger slide Up -> Glider
two finger slide left -> previous app

the possibilities will burst out!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12