New phone, how to update all apps?

Hyunato

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I just got my 1520 in the mail and currently I have to open all the apps for the phone to let me know if there's an update. If I click the link to go to the store, the marketplace live-tile also get's updates with a 1. If I ignore the notification, the marketplace live-tile keeps saying nothing.

Do I seriously have to open all the apps to update them with a new phone? There are no system updates by the way.

Thanks in advance.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Give it some time. WP8 checks for updates once a day. This behaviour changes with WP 8.1.

Or you could unpin the Store tile, change your date to xx.xx.2012 and restart your phone. Set your date back to the actual date, and open the Store. This usually forces a check for updates.

Hyunato

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Is this also why apps like local scout find nothing near me, even though my location settings are on and correct?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Is this also why apps like local scout find nothing near me, even though my location settings are on and correct?

Probably not, it could just be that there's nothing around you!

Actually though, it could just not have enough data in the service for your area. Might want to try HERE Explore, among other apps like that.

psgenious

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
no worry , just use your phone as it is , after 24 hours the store tile will represent how may apps update are available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte