Official File Manager "Files"................Little bit disappointing

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Today I downloaded 'Files"
It's good but still not very good.

Most disappointing part of 'Files: is that the way it handle images.

If you open an image and want to see next image then you have go back and then click to next image.
Why devs didn't add swipe image option for watching image through file manager.
Isn't this a bit annoying watching multiple images through file manager.:angry:

What you guys think?

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Today I downloaded 'Files"
It's good but still not very good.

Most disappointing part of 'Files: is that the way it handle images.

If you open an image and want to see next image then you have go back and then click to next image.
Why devs didn't add swipe image option for watching image through file manager.
Isn't this a bit annoying watching multiple images through file manager.:angry:

What you guys think?

Probably be added in the next update. Not something to worry about

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
hold on this is the first release and you can not expect everything from the initial release. I am sure Microsoft will further improve it with future updates :)

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Why not wait and get it right the first time. Or as close as possible to being done right.

Typical MS ... "push and patch". Get something out there then fix it later. Been dealing with these same type of issues on my PC for years.

Starting to loose faith in this product - after one years use.

Last edited:

flameinthefire

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Why not wait and get it right the first time. Or as close as possible to being done right.

Typical MS ... "push and patch". Get something out there then fix it later. Been dealing with these same type of issues on my PC for years.

Loosing my faith in this product - after one years use.

vista is a prime example of this lol

aswinbarathb

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm very happy abt files. N of course expecting a lot of additions in future updates. But in its initial release I wouldn't expect all the expected n desired features to be vested in the app!

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded it as soon as I saw the headline.

Am I disappointed? Not at all. It does the basics that I want for now.

Would I like more features? Of course I would, but for what it is right now, I'm pretty happy with it.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Just deleted pocket file manager. I couldn't delete 1 file (not saying multiple files) in trial version. But this Files does what I need- rename audio files (format) to share via WhatsApp -love new update with new UI

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
this is dumb. if you want to view pictures easily like that, go to the PHOTOS app. the FILES app is for FILES, not for viewing PHOTOS.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I guess the OP is relating the whole expected experience to be like the windows explorer...open a picture in pictures hub by default, click on an mp3 and it opens with the music player...and so on..well in that case the OS would need either a default open with app feature or just open each file type in a default app. Well it would be nice to have this feature but I guess the whole point of having a file manager was to reorganize the files on the file system and not use it as a browser to get to files...for that the browser inside the individual apps solve the purpose.

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I support the image comments. I for one am super glad I can download something now and know its going to be in the Download folder instead of having to use Universal search to find and open it. Kudos to MS for pushing this out like they did.

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
this is dumb. if you want to view pictures easily like that, go to the PHOTOS app. the FILES app is for FILES, not for viewing PHOTOS.
I don't want to use multiple apps.
I want a single app through which I can mange and watch all files.
I thought this file manager will be par with old S40 phones file manager. But
I guess some users love to restricted or half baked file manager.

Last edited:

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
^yo it's call using the right tools for the right tasks. use a photo app for viewing photos, not a file manager. Do you view photos on Windows with Explorer or do they all open in something else? exactly my point. same with Mac, iOS, etc all the other stuffs.
get real.

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I guess the OP is relating the whole expected experience to be like the windows explorer...open a picture in pictures hub by default, click on an mp3 and it opens with the music player...and so on..well in that case the OS would need either a default open with app feature or just open each file type in a default app. Well it would be nice to have this feature but I guess the whole point of having a file manager was to reorganize the files on the file system and not use it as a browser to get to files...for that the browser inside the individual apps solve the purpose.

Don't you love a single app which can handle all files........ Pics , video, music,documents etc

Then we don't need to tile all those apps on start screen .
One app can handle all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad