Lumia 1030! Is this for real?

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Looking around in the web for new Lumias I stumbled with the Lumia 1030 pics. The images I saw were something of a surprise. The design is 'unique' this looks very luxury device. Although, the images are beautiful I am not sell in the all design. What do you think? Here are some of the images.lumia-1030-dong-ho-cat-cuc-sang-trong.jpgNokia-lumia-1030 (2).jpgNokia-Lumia-1030-concept-1.jpg

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Looks like a 3D rendering for a concept phone, probably made by a fan... the most popular software to do 2D-3D render is Blender.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
ridiculous. I agree with the samesung comment.
this cheap bling will degrade the brand names involved. hope this isn't real.

nehijene

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I am due for an upgrade... It will be nice to upgrade to the next iteration of the 1020... the photos does not look convincing. I can't wait for Microsoft and Nokia to unavailing a new phone hopefully before June is over.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
This is disgusting and can't be real.

Look at the Surface, look at the Lumia 930, these devices might not have the most revolutionary or exciting designs, but they certainly have taste. Microsoft would never release such an abomination.

But one of the pictures even says who did it:

Edgar Mkrtchyan | Concept Phones

Maybe this guy should design cheap handbags instead of phones...

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Looks like a pimp's phone. I ran from Samsung for much less with all those pimpychrome finishes around their devices.

I hope Nokia doesn't get so low, that includes the back in fake human leather. Very humble opinion of course. But the strong words come from the fact that as i saw it i felt like puking.

I really hope it's not true.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This is disgusting and can't be real.

Look at the Surface, look at the Lumia 930, these devices might not have the most revolutionary or exciting designs, but they certainly have taste. Microsoft would never release such an abomination.

But one of the pictures even says who did it:

Edgar Mkrtchyan | Concept Phones

Maybe this guy should design cheap handbags instead of phones...

I've never put a case on a phone. But I'd put a big honking case on this nasty thing the second I bought it.

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I think you guys are being too harsh towards the artist. It may be a bit non-Nokia but it's a fun concept to play around with.

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I quite like the leather concept. I'm not a fan of the bubbly shape though. Maybe if the curves were more subtle I'd go for it, but it reminds me of my younger brother's old Leap Frog gadgets.

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
It's the single ugliest piece of technology I've ever seen. Concept or not.

Edgar is a good artist, and has designed plenty of quirky, cool and interesting concepts. I think he has succeeded a lot better than an actual Nokia-spinoff "Vertu". Here's some actual and extremely expensive smartphones by Vertu:

Vertu Boucheron

Vertu Constellation

Vert.. HUURGGH.. oh, sorry, had to throw up in my mouth before posting more images.

Bonus Goldvish Le Million, the most expensive cellphone ever.

Where was I...

Oh right, this concept actually doesn't look that bad now, does it?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Edgar is a good artist, and has designed plenty of quirky, cool and interesting concepts. I think he has succeeded a lot better than an actual Nokia-spinoff "Vertu". Here's some actual and extremely expensive smartphones by Vertu:

Vertu Boucheron

Vertu Constellation

Vert.. HUURGGH.. oh, sorry, had to throw up in my mouth before posting more images.

Bonus Goldvish Le Million, the most expensive cellphone ever.

Where was I...

Oh right, this concept actually doesn't look that bad now, does it?

I actually think Vertu phones look pretty slick if you're looking for an expensive brick that makes calls. That goldvish thing is pretty ugly, though.

Calling one concept ugly doesn't mean everything the artist does is ugly. I agree, he's got some cool concepts. Just not this... thing. I want a device that says progress & sleek. Not handbag and designer purse.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3