Equation for the perfect phone.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I was talking about this in another thread and I figured I'd start my own on the topic. It seems that no manufacturer makes the best smart phone since each phone has some category they fall short in so I came up with what I think would be the best combination of all the cool phones. I think the recipe for the perfect phone would be....
Lumia 1520 size and battery+ Lumia 1020 camera + Sony z2 waterproof and thinness + LG G3 screen + Samsung S5 processor, and SD card slot + iPhone bezel, volume vibrate and power button layout, m7 processor and touch ID + HTC m8 metal back cover (but offered in a ton of colors) and front facing speakers = worlds greatest phone aka the iSamTC ZG3020

What's your idea of the perfect phone combination?

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
My combo:

5 inch 2560 x 1440 screen
128 GB internal storage
SDXC Slot
41 MP Camera
Surface Pro-like design
Windows Phone (obviously)
Super thin/nice weight
Fingerprint Scanner
3000 mAh Battery
Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor
Waterproof but no stupid flaps
Wireless Charging
Small bezel
Legit Buttons

I can dream, can't I?
What do you mean by surface pro design?
I didn't even consider wireless charging. You can't have a dream phone without wireless charging.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
My combo:

5 inch 2560 x 1440 screen
128 GB internal storage
SDXC Slot
41 MP Camera
Surface Pro-like design
Windows Phone (obviously)
Super thin/nice weight
Fingerprint Scanner
3000 mAh Battery
Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor
Waterproof but no stupid flaps
Wireless Charging
Small bezel
Legit Buttons

I can dream, can't I?

Forget about Surface Pro design, you're looking at Surface Pro size.

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I made this comment in another thread, but this is what I hope a Lumia 1030 will amount to!

Nokia Lumia 1030, Q3-Q4 2014:

Screen: 5.2" AMOLED @ 1920x1080 (or 2560x1440). Aspect ratio of 16:9.
Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 @ 2.5-2.7 Ghz.
GPU: Adreno 420.
Battery: 3000 mAh, non-removable.
RAM: 3 GB, 1 GB dedicated to camera.
Storage: 32/64 GB, expandable via micro-SD @ 128 GB.
Camera: Dual-camera system;
1) Primary Pelican Imaging computational camera module @ 12-18 MP with Heptagon microlenses.
2) Secondary Zeiss legacy module @ 12-20 MP with a focal zoom at 4X.
- Both modules will use the InVisage QuantumFilm for their sensors.
- The sensor images would be cross-referenced to render a high-resolution image with an unparalleled low-light performance and the ability for an optical zoom (4X) without added thickness or moving parts.
- Xenon flash and a two-tone dual-LED video light.
- A capacitive camera button on the side (no need for a 2-stage since there's no autofocus).

It'll also need Glance, HAAC microphones and Qi wireless charging built-in of course. Front-facing speakers would be a bonus, but I fear the phone would get a face only a mother could love then.

Last edited:

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
3000 amp/hr battery, 41MP sensor, wireless charging coil and 128 gig storage. You honestly think that's going to fit in a casing just bigger than an iPod Touch? Me wants what you smokes.

Hey, I didn't know we could go completely wild with our imagination! Because in that case, forget my 1030 wishes! I want an indestructible device with a dark blue colour that comes preloaded with Snake! If it can also make calls, all the more power to it.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I made this comment in another thread, but this is what I hope a Lumia 1030 will amount to!

Nokia Lumia 1030, Q3-Q4 2014:

Screen: 5.2" AMOLED @ 1920x1080 (or 2560x1440). Aspect ratio of 16:9.
Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 @ 2.5-2.7 Ghz.
GPU: Adreno 420.
Battery: 3000 mAh, non-removable.
RAM: 3 GB, 1 GB dedicated to camera.
Storage: 32/64 GB, expandable via micro-SD @ 128 GB.
Camera: Dual-camera system;
1) Primary Pelican Imaging computational camera module @ 12-18 MP with Heptagon microlenses.
2) Secondary Zeiss legacy module @ 12-20 MP with a focal zoom at 4X.
- Both modules will use the InVisage QuantumFilm for their sensors.
- The sensor images would be cross-referenced to render a high-resolution image with an unparalleled low-light performance and the ability for an optical zoom (4X) without added thickness or moving parts.
- Xenon flash and a two-tone dual-LED video light.
- A capacitive camera button on the side (no need for a 2-stage since there's no autofocus).

It'll also need Glance, HAAC microphones and Qi wireless charging built-in of course. Front-facing speakers would be a bonus, but I fear the phone would get a face only a mother could love then.
Are there phones now with xenon flash?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Ah, yes, perfect phone combo:
OS: Windows Phone, but should be able to run 3DS games. (I CAN DREAM.)
I'd like something akin to the 3DS, but with a Qualcomm 805, 4GB of RAM, 32GB Internal Storage + SD Card support, an HD top screen with stereoscopic 3D, and a capacitive HD touch screen, as well as twin PureView cameras at the back. Oh, and did I mention that it should make phone calls and be compatible with LTE?

(As for the controls, I'd like a better D-Pad, moved below the analog stick. As for the A/B/X/Y diamond, I'd like for it to be made akin to the GameCube buttons (oversized A button with orbiting B/X/Y buttons), and add another analog stick below that too.)

Yes, I just described a phone.

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Cellular: Quad-band, X-LTE, nano-SIM
Display: AMOLED Display, 1080 x 1928 pixels, 5 inches capacitive supersensitive multitouch with Corning Gorilla Glass 3, PureMotion HD+ ClearBlack and/or BraviaEngine. Double Tap-to-wake, Glance
Sound: BoomSound stereo speakers with Dolby Virtual Surround Sound 5.1
Memory: 32 / 64 GB with mircoSDXC card slot support up to 128GB UHS-1, 3GB RAM
Connectivity: X-LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac MIMO dual band, DLNA, Miracast support, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth 4, NFC, microUSB v3.1 MHL, OTG, Host
Camera: Rear 20MP Carl Zeiss optics (or G Lens) with OIS, Xenon Flash + LED, PureView technology, geo-tagging, auto-focus, 4k support @60fps. FFC 5MP, 1080p @60fps
Internals: Windows Phone 8.x. Chipset maker can be NVIDIA or Qualcomm, but CPU must be Quad-core @2.x Ghz with DirectX 12 capable GPU. Sensors must have ambient, compass, gyro, accelerometer, barometer, proximity, A-GPS + GLONASS, 4 HAAC Rich recording microphones.
Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3300mAh
Build: As thin as the iPod Touch 5th, with VaporMG casing. 3.5mm headphone jack at bottom right, camera shutter button, volume rocker and power button on right side, microUSB port at bottom. Must have 3 windows buttons with aluminum finish (like 920s) and windows logo has the option to "breathe" if there's a notification. Stereo speakers at front. On the back, no camera humps, just scratch-resistant metal plate surrounding the camera with respective lens brand. SIM tray + microSD slot in one opening on the left side.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
wow you guys are detailed.
all I want is the camera of the L1020, the battery life and performance of the L1520, the screen of the L930, all in the body of a L925.
there. that's easier to picture.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Dont get me wrong, but i want a smaller phone!

• Size of Lumia 620, shape and thickness of Lumia 820
  • HD screen with Gorilla glass 3
  • Bright screen for sunlight readability
  • Pureview 41Mp camera with full SLR capabilities
  • 3GB RAM
  • 16GB internal + SD card support
  • Snap Dragon 805 Processor
  • Proximity, Compass, Gyro, Accelerometer
  • 3000mAh battery
  • Headphone jack and charger port at bottom
  • Water resistant

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm disappointed teckris... at no point did you make ridiculous claims like the rest of us. Such as front-mounted laser autocannons or a built-in sommelier! :( How do you expect to get disappointed at the next device announcement if you don't even expect the device to come in a colour outside of the visible spectrum?!

You'll have to expand a bit here, please! What kind of SLR-capabilities are you thinking about? Exchangeable super-expensive lenses or just better low-light performance? Or something else, perhaps?

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
You'll have to expand a bit here, please! What kind of SLR-capabilities are you thinking about? Exchangeable super-expensive lenses or just better low-light performance? Or something else, perhaps?

the SLR features that already shown in Nokia Camera App along with Lens mounting system that is NOT like sony lens for phones. I really feel to have a camera grip accessory that could be used to mount a camera lens..

I will be disappointed at the next device announcement as there is very less or no chance at all for a smaller screen sized phone..
if its really necessary to be Dream Phone, then i would imagine all these features comes at a price of 250-300$ :D

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Dont get me wrong, but i want a smaller phone!

• Size of Lumia 620, shape and thickness of Lumia 820
  • HD screen with Gorilla glass 3
  • Bright screen for sunlight readability
  • 3GB RAM
  • 16GB internal + SD card support
  • Snap Dragon 805 Processor
  • Proximity, Compass, Gyro, Accelerometer
  • 3000mAh battery
  • Headphone jack and charger port at bottom
  • Water resistant
Why headphone and charger Jack at the bottom?

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm disappointed teckris... at no point did you make ridiculous claims like the rest of us. Such as front-mounted laser autocannons or a built-in sommelier! :( How do you expect to get disappointed at the next device announcement if you don't even expect the device to come in a colour outside of the visible spectrum?!

The new LG phone actually does have lasers lol

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
The new LG phone actually does have lasers lol

Weeell, it's not really on the autocannon-level yet. Also it's back-mounted and outside the visible spectrum. :( Get back to me when LG produces a smartphone that has lasers shooting out of the screen at random!

Why headphone and charger Jack at the bottom?

I've actually been thinking a bit about the whole micro-USB and 3.5 mm audio jack myself. I'd want them both removed completely.

1A) Charging: Qi Wireless Charging
- It's becoming a universal standard and it's quick enough.

1B) Data transfer: DLNA / Wi-Fi and bluetooth
- With Wi-Fi and BT4.0 you have incredible transfer speeds and amazing audio quality during playback.
- Removing the USB-port would make the phone thinner, give more space for internals such as battery and make it easier to waterproof it properly.

2) Music playback: DLNA / Bluetooth
- With aptX and the likes you can have high-quality music streaming, and with low-power bluetooth you have reduced power costs.
- The 3.5 mm audio jack is huge internally. Why do we even have this on modern thin smartphones, where every millimeter counts?
- Almost all stereos have either DLNA or bluetooth enabled nowadays.
- Again, it's far easier to waterproof the phones.

Removing both the 3.5 mm audio jack and the micro-USB makes for much sleeker and more beautiful designs.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Weeell, it's not really on the autocannon-level yet. Also it's back-mounted and outside the visible spectrum. :( Get back to me when LG produces a smartphone that has lasers shooting out of the screen at random!

I've actually been thinking a bit about the whole micro-USB and 3.5 mm audio jack myself. I'd want them both removed completely.

1A) Charging: Qi Wireless Charging
- It's becoming a universal standard and it's quick enough.

1B) Data transfer: DLNA / Wi-Fi and bluetooth
- With Wi-Fi and BT4.0 you have incredible transfer speeds and amazing audio quality during playback.
- Removing the USB-port would make the phone thinner, give more space for internals such as battery and make it easier to waterproof it properly.

2) Music playback: DLNA / Bluetooth
- With aptX and the likes you can have high-quality music streaming, and with low-power bluetooth you have reduced power costs.
- The 3.5 mm audio jack is huge internally. Why do we even have this on modern thin smartphones, where every millimeter counts?
- Almost all stereos have either DLNA or bluetooth enabled nowadays.
- Again, it's far easier to waterproof the phones.

Removing both the 3.5 mm audio jack and the micro-USB makes for much sleeker and more beautiful designs.

That's a genius idea. Make the phone comes with Bluetooth headset out the box but how would you do data transfer?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven