Would anyone buy a WP with a broadwell chip that ran WP and Windows 9 when docked?

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
This question is purely hypothetical, but not unfeasible. Broadwell brings 7mm thin fanless processors to the market. It could definitely fit.

Would anyone want a phone running an x86 chip and full windows? I feel like the possibilities would be endless. What do you guys think?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Dual boot, absolutely. It'd have to be a big screen though.

I'd like it just for Flash, if nothing else. But id find use beyond Flash. :p

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Yes. But it would have to have HDMI out, USB host and a ton of storage. Current battery technology might be a limiting factor.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Would be pretty cool. Would like them to start with full USB port that allows data swapping, it built in, bigger battery, and easier synching first.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Who wouldn't buy it?

Haha, good point! I thought I was crazy for suggesting it, but i think within the next year, the hardware will be ready for this. Especially a broadwell chip and a 1520 sized body could be perfect. I would also like to see some kind of wireless communication between monitor and phone based on proximity. Imagine not having to plug your phone in. Just walk up to a monitor in your room, and bam, full windows starts right up with your browser and last windows session running. The software to get windows/wp working flawlessly in sync would require a lot of work. But I can sure dream about something like that!

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Haha, good point! I thought I was crazy for suggesting it, but i think within the next year, the hardware will be ready for this. Especially a broadwell chip and a 1520 sized body could be perfect. I would also like to see some kind of wireless communication between monitor and phone based on proximity. Imagine not having to plug your phone in. Just walk up to a monitor in your room, and bam, full windows starts right up with your browser and last windows session running. The software to get windows/wp working flawlessly in sync would require a lot of work. But I can sure dream about something like that!

I got this idea from iOS8. It can tell based on proximity that you're working on an email, so it'll pop up on your mac. This would be like the next level, your whole operating system will pop up on your monitor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12