Best Twitter client

weightypillow

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys

What seems to be the best twitter client, I use and love Mehdoh but the app is now greyed out? Have no idea what happened?
What would be a good alternative? The official app is terrible

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I used to love Tweet it! It is a great Twitter client. The only thing that gave me to leave this app and choose MeTweets is that the mentions were not push notifications. I've asked the dev of Tweet it and he will not implement that.

Also, you can't write a tweet that has more then 140 characters. Now with MeTweet, you keep on typing and it will create 2..etc tweets but put them back together on the timeline.

weightypillow

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I used to love Tweet it! It is a great Twitter client. The only thing that gave me to leave this app and choose MeTweets is that the mentions were not push notifications. I've asked the dev of Tweet it and he will not implement that.

Also, you can't write a tweet that has more then 140 characters. Now with MeTweet, you keep on typing and it will create 2..etc tweets but put them back together on the timeline.

Thanks ! I have bought Tweet it! Before but there was a bug where I would tap on a tweet and it would go to a completely different tweet... Drove me crazy, its still there...

Got MeTweet and wow... Its awesome !! Very fluid

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

Wow thanks I'm going to try me tweet now. I currently use mehdoh I like the in line images and how I can check peoples mentions and things the app however is a little sluggish and crashes sometimes.

Is me tweet upgraded to 8.2 and plugs into the me tile like mehdoh?

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
. I can check friends mentions and lose up there
Your welcome!!! Let us know what you think about it!

Definite alot more stable than mehdoh they haven't updated this app yet to 8.1 to integrate with the me tile. But shi far is feels the same as mehdoh feature wise I can check friends mentions and retweet in the time line without having to open the tweet in a me window thanks again

Shahim Mohammed

May 2, 2014
Visit site
which of the twitter apps has a good live tile? as I hate the static icon of the official app.. even though they claim it has live tile support, I have never seen the official twitter apps live tile work...

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Currently using Perengrine
Quite satisfied for my use case.
But I'm hoping there will be a button to just skip everything and go to the latest post. By default the timeline opens in the last read position.

The live tile works, but unfortunately doesn't look so balanced without number (no notification).

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
which of the twitter apps has a good live tile? as I hate the static icon of the official app.. even though they claim it has live tile support, I have never seen the official twitter apps live tile work...
It will work and you can feel the difference in wide tile. But up to my knowledge it doesn't show the tweet count, always show 1 as tweet count.

I had tried some of the mentioned apps other than official one. Official one is the best and with the latest update it is too far away from other available apps :)

yunchikan

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
i used to use rowi, but thats gone now. then i have been using tweetit! but its been buggy and i cannot stand the slow start up time of the app.
so i've been using the official twitter app for most of the time. i've tried like almost all of the twitter apps on windows phone, but i still go back to the official one.
the last 2 updates have improved the app so much but i still have a very annoying issue with it. i don't see many talking about this though.
if you have a long reply conversation/history, twitter never shows the most recent tweet you have replied to, instead it shows the older tweets. so when i check my mentions, i cannot tell which was the tweet my friend is replying to. it drives me crazy ~_~
so when i have to reply tweets like this i will have to use tweet it!

marcstamper

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I've tried most of the WP twitter apps but the best by far is twabbit, great features, fast and stable with a live tile and push notifications that actually work!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've tried most of the WP twitter apps but the best by far is twabbit, great features, fast and stable with a live tile and push notifications that actually work!

I'm trying Twabbit again, since I had purchased it a long time ago. I'm impressed by the updates. It is much better than it had been in the past.

tommy_vee

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
First 3rd party twitter app I used was twabbit but it was in the beginning stages and was limited, I still liked the features very much. I currently have 4 twitter apps on my Icon lol. I use the original twitter app as well as twabbit, peregrine and tweet it! I've used medoh before but wasn't too impressed. I am wanting to try me tweet and probably will soon.

chilero

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I gave up and just went the official twitter app for both WP and W8. I had Rowi and Carbon on WP and those disappeared. I had MetroTwit on W8 and that one left too. Twitter, you win. I give up trying new twitter clients.

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I like Peregrine myself, for the reason that it always picks up right where you left off, so you don't miss anything, and can easily read everything chronologically as a result. It is a simple app, but what it does, it does well.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I like Peregrine myself, for the reason that it always picks up right where you left off, so you don't miss anything, and can easily read everything chronologically as a result. It is a simple app, but what it does, it does well.

I'll have to try Peregrine again, since it's yet another Twitter app I bought. I'm pretty sure I've purchased just about every Twitter app available for Windows Phone so far LOL.

Aakash Agrawal

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys! I came late to the party. Me Tweets looks like a nice option. Shame it doesn't come with a trial. Still, I'll probably buy it. I am sick of twitter ignoring their windows phone app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion