Android/iOS users, what's keeping you from switching to Windows Phone?

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Google Services

App Sharing (like how iOS and Android has, apps talk to each other)

Intents (if I have more than one browser I can choose what browser I want to use for a link)

Download and Upload in the browser

Data Toggles

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

8.1 allows you to download and upload in the browser now

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I think there's a lot going on in WP now that people on other platforms don't realize. I think MS needs to get that out there and make people see it.

jrsharp70

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Few medical apps.
Metro UI
No compelling reason to switch.

It isn't that the devices are bad, but Apple rules the medical field, and Android has great features that Apple is about to match.

So there are no benefits to using WP. 41 mp camera is nice, but the industry will catch up.

p4l0m0

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
App issue for me... Flipboard, Real racing 3, planta vs zombies 2, eyetv micro... Now i am running a lumia 1520 and it's really cool but i miss several apps. I'll give WP a chance for some time...

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Is it games and apps that aren't available? Is it the OS itself? The 8.1 dev preview brought a lot of cool features to Windows Phone. I don't own one yet, but I think it's only a matter of time before I try one out. I really just need to see a few of my favorite games show up on the platform, and then my transition would be easier. I could always use it as a second device I suppose, in case I can't function without my Google services(I probably can't).

Tell me what you think!

Maybe they just like their current OS?

anon5999636

May 16, 2013
Visit site
The only problem for me when I had my iPhone before getting the 920 is iTunes. As much as people hated it, I LOVED every single bit of that program. I really hate dragging and dropping music from my PC to my phone. It takes up more time. Also with iTunes, I can edit playlists very fast then just sync my phone for like a minute and it's done.

I made a brave move only to know that the Windows Phone app for desktop syncs iTunes to my phone. So win-win for me :grin:

Spotify and Deezer are great options at Windows Phone! ;)

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
If Google made apps for Windows Phone, you wouldn't see them getting lambasted so much over privacy concerns. I understand why WP users hate Google, but I think using "privacy" as the reason is simply propping up a straw man.

Yeah, privacy is not a reason not to use Google Apps as this "privacy" they are so scared Google violates only comes from voluntary opt ins by the user them self and this goes the same for social networks and other services.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
If Google made apps for Windows Phone, you wouldn't see them getting lambasted so much over privacy concerns. I understand why WP users hate Google, but I think using "privacy" as the reason is simply propping up a straw man.

You can think what you want,and defend them to the bitter end,and won't change anything about what and how they do things. This isn't a straw man argument in the least by any means.

They wont have Google services on WP ,unless Microsoft allows it to invade it's users privacy or makes it possible to be secure,and neither is likely to happen anytime soon.

While those who blissfully utilize their services without fully being aware of their backdoor shenanigans may be more than ecstatic to be able to use them on WP, just as those who knowingly feel that their intrusion into our personal data is a small price to pay for a free service,for many others we opt to be Google free and take our privacy more seriously and applaud Microsoft for being more honest with it's customer base.

Mac

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
You can think what you want,and defend them to the bitter end,and won't change anything about what and how they do things. This isn't a straw man argument in the least by any means.

They wont have Google services on WP ,unless Microsoft allows it to invade it's users privacy or makes it possible to be secure,and neither is likely to happen anytime soon.

While those who blissfully utilize their services without fully being aware of their backdoor shenanigans may be more than ecstatic to be able to use them on WP, just as those who knowingly feel that their intrusion into our personal data is a small price to pay for a free service,for many others we opt to be Google free and take our privacy more seriously and applaud Microsoft for being more honest with it's customer base.

Mac

Oh please, this type of argument always leads to more trouble than it is worth. Google won't be on Microsoft's devices until they gain more market share and that's a fact. Windows Phone is no more secure than any other smartphone. Windows Phone just happens to have so little market share no person making malware bothers making malware for the platform. Instead they go for the big fish namely Android.

And let's stop this "Google invades all the privacy" when Google Services are all opt in services that require input from the user them self to even work effectively. They are even more transparent than Microsoft then selves but, you don't want to hear any of that.

Christopher DeWitt

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm apple user.

the two main reasons I haven't and don't plan to switch to windows phones are,

1. no must have features exclusive to windows that I care about. (thats not to say there aren't exclusive features others will care about.)

2. the tiles user interface. I don't like it and think it looks gaudy. (others may like it though and that's fine with me)
I can't even understand your writing loan your reasoning...Apple...it looks like a toon design for people like you...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte