Personal opinions regarding WP8 vs Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

b0blight

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Regarding this comparison, personally for me, I feel that there is no 'definite' answer to this argument, and no clear winner. I feel that regardless of which OS we choose, be it WP, iOS, Android, Sailfish, BB10, Ubuntu, Firefox, it is all our personal opinion. We may find that some features of a certain OS are better than the others, and so on and so forth. But really, to argue over which OS is the more 'superior' OS there is now is pointless, because every person has their own individual taste in mobile phones. Sure, we can argue the entire day over which may be better and what not, but it still boils down to our individual choice and taste.

anon(8938849)

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
The quality of android apps is sub par. Every single app over used on both platforms is better looking, more elegant and works much better on WP, with the exception of one. Especially Skype. Skype on my WP works perfectly, my gf can barely use the android one. The apps windows phone does have appear to be a much higher quality than android. You're propping android up on the crutch of rooting and modding which most people don't do. Many of your points aren't facts just your opinions that you use to declare android superior.

For example, its a fact that you can root an android phone; its not a fact that that makes android superior. Again, the visual customizations WP does have are more refined and unified through the system. WP hardware has pretty much caught up to android, and is passed iPhone, and the os is just as useful day to day. It comes down to taste.

You are being intellectually dishonest by declaring WP a clear loser and basically saying it's useless. To be honest you've really only got one good point: the smaller number of apps. But even that isn't so cut and dry. If WP has all the apps I personally need, and at a higher quality, then that point goes to windows.

Slayix312

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I gotta say, this is comical. First you compare Android and iOS in terms of quality apps. I've yet to use a quality app on Android and the one truly enjoyable game not available on my platform (Dark Meadows) only works on like three android phones because of fragmentation. I won't get into just how horrid HTC's hardware is in comparison to Nokia as to some degree that's opinion. Also, if you want all your data kept in some cloud bank for governments to prod at as they see fit then enjoy your Google apps. I've yet to see an app that's better on Android than Windows phone.

lol it was hard to read this without laughing. Skype blows, no Voxer buisness, nothing close to the functionality of Tasker, IFTTT even stopped supporting WP, Spotify is significantly worse on WP (read the reviews even). The lack of apps on WP is endless and so are the crappy half-assed apps from devs. If Microsoft doesn't give enough of a crap about WP to make a decent Skype app why the hell should devs care? I don't blame them.

Oh and btw the NSA already has all your data backed up for you so no need to worry about Google. All thanks to the backdoors Microsoft put in for them.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/11/microsoft-nsa-collaboration-user-data

But really, to argue over which OS is the more 'superior' OS there is now is pointless, because every person has their own individual taste in mobile phones. Sure, we can argue the entire day over which may be better and what not, but it still boils down to our individual choice and taste.

I agree and I have said OVER AND OVER again that if you like WP for asthetic reasons or you have all the functionality you need with WP than more power to you. It is just a FACT that it is far more limited than Android however, and I have provided extensive reasoning behind it. No one has yet to counter with a fact on WHY my reasoning is wrong.

The quality of android apps is sub par. Every single app over used on both platforms is better looking, more elegant and works much better on WP, with the exception of one. Especially Skype. Skype on my WP works perfectly, my gf can barely use the android one. The apps windows phone does have appear to be a much higher quality than android.

lol nice try Steve Ballmer. I can see the much lower rating on the WP version of Skype compared to the Android version of Skype. I have both platforms right in front of my face. We can also compare how many threads there are that complain about Skype on both platforms if you want. Oh and I already mentioned above just SOME of the apps that blow on WP compared to Android. Let alone the big apps WP doesn't even have.

WP app selection is such a joke that right now the top paid apps are mytube, hot tiles!, metrotube, flashlight +, and moliplayer pro.

2 of those are youtube rip-offs and a flashlight app that is standard on all Android phones in the last 2 years.

For example, its a fact that you can root an android phone; its not a fact that that makes android superior. Again, the visual customizations WP does have are more refined and unified through the system. WP hardware has pretty much caught up to android, and is passed iPhone, and the os is just as useful day to day. It comes down to taste.

The fact that you have the OPTION to root your phone DOES in fact make it superior however. Unless we are living in a crazy world:

having a choice > no choice

That is pretty much objective.

Not sure I have ever heard someone say, "WOW I SURE AM GLAD I HAVE NO CHOICE IN THIS MATTER!".

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
False;See:

source: How To Take Care of Your Smartphone Battery the Right Way

I'll take a MUCH more solid metal phone without the battery-killing inductive charging and low heat.

It is MUCH better than the Icon's battery life so I don't even think you know what you are saying lol.

Compare: Nokia Lumia Icon battery life test - GSMArena Blog

vs

HTC One (M8) battery life test - GSMArena Blog

The HTC One M8 had almost 6 hours more talk-time. That is crazy.

The GPU also had a 30%+ higher GPU clockspeed and higher RAM bandwidth besides the faster CPU clock.

Just sayin.

Edit: The HTC One M8 also got the fastest touchscreen response times of any flagship phone btw. So you really can't even argue that the Icon is faster in any way.

It has crappier battery life, lower specifications (minus the camera), and a far more limited OS.

The best thing going for it is the Camera and WPs performance on crappy low-end phones.

I can't speak for Android or WP, but I used TouchStones on my webOS devices for a few years and my battery life didn't suffer. I loved that hockey puck!

Joaquim Reis

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The OP is just a ******, so this thread should be "AT LEAST" closed.
Yeah android is more customizable, but lags as hell (load your m8 with background apps running, and do the same on windows Phone and you will see which one lags). And i am not talking about screen response, but about OS response.
Plus, you say that, in terms of security, windows Phone is at best equal to android. I had a hard time not to laugh while i was reading this. Since you keep talking about facts, tell me how much PERCENTAGE of windows Phone and android phones suffered from malware or hacking, and then have the guts to keep saying that they are equal, with those FACTS.
Lumia icon has worse cpu and gpu than m8? Of course it has. Why? Because windows Phone is a MUCH MORE optimized system that does not require the amount of power android requires to be even usable (yes, because even with great hw it still lags. You just need to tell me how many threads do you want about android flagships lag complaints).
About the apps i have nothing to say, as its know the problema with them, but even that is growing fast, with more and more apps everyday, although still not even near the android app number (even though i dont need 500 battery apps or 1000 flashlight apps on my store)

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Yeah android is more customizable, but lags as hell (load your m8 with background apps running, and do the same on windows Phone and you will see which one lags). And i am not talking about screen response, but about OS response.
Plus, you say that, in terms of security, windows Phone is at best equal to android. I had a hard time not to laugh while i was reading this. Since you keep talking about facts, tell me how much PERCENTAGE of windows Phone and android phones suffered from malware or hacking, and then have the guts to keep saying that they are equal, with those FACTS.
Lumia icon has worse cpu and gpu than m8? Of course it has. Why? Because windows Phone is a MUCH MORE optimized system that does not require the amount of power android requires to be even usable (yes, because even with great hw it still lags. You just need to tell me how many threads do you want about android flagships lag complaints).
About the apps i have nothing to say, as its know the problema with them, but even that is growing fast, with more and more apps everyday, although still not even near the android app number (even though i dont need 500 battery apps or 1000 flashlight apps on my store)

+100000000000000
this comment is the best review ive seen in this thread
sums up the exact situation!
before people question my comment- i own a nexus 5,nexus 7,lumia 720,lumia 820,ipad 2,3,4 and recently a Z10 and i feel android while customisable is terrible as a phone os and fails to deliver what i expect from a phone
sure google now is convenient to track flights etc and stuff but otherwise my phones of choice are my 720 and my z10,choice of tablet-ipad 2 and nexus 7

AG VK

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
Visit site

I don't know about that - I have in front of me two N5s and one Lumia 925 with WP8.1 DP. The Lumia is factory-fresh, purchased yesterday (Which was another laugh. There was an MS banner with absolutely no devices under it while next door the Google section with chromebooks and Nexus devices was packed. The Lumias were in a corner next to Karbonn and Micromax). One N5 runs Android 4.4.4 and the other is flashed to the L preview. Both these phones have the same apps loaded and synced and I carry each alternatively.

L is the first Android upgrade I received which actually made my phone faster, just like WP8.1. I used to have 400-500 MB RAM free on the KK phone and now with L, I see around 700-800 MB free all the time. This phone does almost everything faster than the Lumia, which doesn't have a single app installed apart from those it came loaded with. Whether it was writing an email, sending an attachment, making a call, writing a text... I found that I could do all these things equally quickly or faster on Android compared to WP. I am not talking about smoothness or whatever WP has in this department, but the objective measures of "how long does it take to do X" definitely are faster on Android.

I have been looking at WPcentral for a while and there are sufficient complaints of lagginess - this may be an app rather than an OS issue but that doesn't matter to a consumer.

As far as security goes - I haven't heard of any real malware issues. There are many Android malware programs, of course, but every one of them requires a rooted phone and/or a sideload bypassing Google's malware scanner. Since the average consumer does not know nor care about either of these things, I conclude that it's not a real issue. Let me know when someone's bank account passwords get compromised or valuable date gets stolen - then you'll have a case.

As far as the hardware - well, your argument makes no sense. If WP is SOOOO optimised for low-end devices, why do we have high-end devices at all? Shouldn't the L925 share the same internals as the L525 in that case? You fail to understand that certain apps and games will require a certain amount of CPU/GPU power, regardless of what the OS is doing. Why do some games work well on low-end Droids with 512 MB but not on similar WPs?

Joaquim Reis

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about that - I have in front of me two N5s and one Lumia 925 with WP8.1 DP. The Lumia is factory-fresh, purchased yesterday (Which was another laugh. There was an MS banner with absolutely no devices under it while next door the Google section with chromebooks and Nexus devices was packed. The Lumias were in a corner next to Karbonn and Micromax). One N5 runs Android 4.4.4 and the other is flashed to the L preview. Both these phones have the same apps loaded and synced and I carry each alternatively.

L is the first Android upgrade I received which actually made my phone faster, just like WP8.1. I used to have 400-500 MB RAM free on the KK phone and now with L, I see around 700-800 MB free all the time. This phone does almost everything faster than the Lumia, which doesn't have a single app installed apart from those it came loaded with. Whether it was writing an email, sending an attachment, making a call, writing a text... I found that I could do all these things equally quickly or faster on Android compared to WP. I am not talking about smoothness or whatever WP has in this department, but the objective measures of "how long does it take to do X" definitely are faster on Android.

I have been looking at WPcentral for a while and there are sufficient complaints of lagginess - this may be an app rather than an OS issue but that doesn't matter to a consumer.

As far as security goes - I haven't heard of any real malware issues. There are many Android malware programs, of course, but every one of them requires a rooted phone and/or a sideload bypassing Google's malware scanner. Since the average consumer does not know nor care about either of these things, I conclude that it's not a real issue. Let me know when someone's bank account passwords get compromised or valuable date gets stolen - then you'll have a case.

As far as the hardware - well, your argument makes no sense. If WP is SOOOO optimised for low-end devices, why do we have high-end devices at all? Shouldn't the L925 share the same internals as the L525 in that case? You fail to understand that certain apps and games will require a certain amount of CPU/GPU power, regardless of what the OS is doing. Why do some games work well on low-end Droids with 512 MB but not on similar WPs?
LOL, everything you said was app based, not os based.
Althought some things are false. I get that YOU may do some things faster on android, but for example writting an SMS would be faster on WP, as it comes with the best stock swipe keyboard.
And yes, you may find some lagging apps on wp, but you find 500x more on android, and a lot of them are OS based, not just APP based.
As far as malware, you are just not well informed at all. Just google "android malware problems" and you will find a lot of articles regarding the case. And its not that hard to get that malware. As you may read, a lot of apps with malware keep entering the google store, and recently was found a malware that could be transfered by SMS.
Regarding your last part, do you really meant that? Or are you joking?
OF COURSE some apps will need more power, but when you have a flagship that lags on the OS and on light APPS, something is wrong. Regarding the OS, those low end you talk about lag less than those with quad cores on android... So YES, WP is MUCH MORE optimized than android

Last edited:

Slayix312

May 31, 2014
Visit site

lol my thread (which is in PHONE WARS) is making you so mad you want it closed? Sorry if the truth hurts.

Yeah android is more customizable, but lags as hell (load your m8 with background apps running, and do the same on windows Phone and you will see which one lags).

I have a custom de-bloated rom that is OC'd and have GPU acceleration enabled. I have Voxer, Skype, Reddit is Fun, Spotify, Hangouts, etc...etc.. all cached when closed and still running at seemingly 100% speed while the Lumia Icon struggles to have more than 5 similar intensive apps open without force-closing one of them. Hey maybe you should try doing what I said in the first sentence and speed up your WP.......oh wait.

see:

Of all the mobile malware threats that F-Secure found last year, only 0.1% came from Google Play, the official app store where Android users mostly go to get their app fixes.

Source: Android malware: Google Play accounted for just 0.1% | BGR

That means that the OVERWHELMING majority of malware came from side-loaded apps (which just started being scanned by google play as well btw). Thus it is no surprise that people are creating more malware for Android than WP.

IDC: Smartphone OS Market Share 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011

Windows phone market-share HAS DROPPED since 2013 globally. Why the hell would you even make a malware program for something that 2.7% of the planet uses compared to 81%? It has little to do with WP being more secure and more to do with no one using it lol.

Or the more sane reasoning; which is that Nokia couldn't get a hold of any 801 snapdragons by the time of manufacturing, but yeah...you know. Whatever you want to believe to help you sleep at night. Oh and if you want to compare and contrast complaint threads I would be MUCH more than happy to compare HTC One M8 complaint threads to Nokia Lumia Icon complaint threads. Be my guest and start. Or maybe we can compare user reviews? The HTC One M8 has a higher user rating than the Lumia Icon on nearly every website you can find.

No but legit google apps would be nice and not third party rip-offs. IFTTT would be nice. Competent apps from Microsoft would be nice. It is laughable that they improve their apps on competing platforms rather than their own. I don't need 500 battery apps or 1000 flashlight apps either btw. Both come built-in. = - )

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
lol it was hard to read this without laughing. Skype blows, no Voxer buisness, nothing close to the functionality of Tasker, IFTTT even stopped supporting WP, Spotify is significantly worse on WP (read the reviews even). The lack of apps on WP is endless and so are the crappy half-assed apps from devs. If Microsoft doesn't give enough of a crap about WP to make a decent Skype app why the hell should devs care? I don't blame them.

I'd definitely say the Skype app is better on Windows Phone than Android though not better than that of iOS. That wasn't my point though, you're comparing Android and iOS as though they both have high QUALITY apps which simply isn't the case. Android apps are usually poor half-baked iOS ports because they can get away with it since Android has no universal design language that might drive them to differentiate to some degree. Let's look at a few popular apps. Facebook, you get an iOS port. It's impractical. There's nothing intuitive about the interface. How about Instagram? The official app on both is okay... Try 6snap though, you won't be able to go back. It just seems bad in comparison.Same can be said of Instagram. Don't really use that one but in doing reviews, the Android app is just ugly. That's Android as a whole though. There's no quality. There's a million launchers and none look as good as Windows Phone or even iOS. There's likely 100 different keyboards and none is on par with that of Windows Phone 8.1. All the apps? On Android it looks like a plethora of poorly tossed together design elements that vary from one to the next. The lack of a universal design language could be called...er... umm... Modern art?

Oh and btw the NSA already has all your data backed up for you so no need to worry about Google. All thanks to the backdoors Microsoft put in for them.

Microsoft handed the NSA access to encrypted messages | World news | The Guardian

Yeah, Microsoft released a press release on this one. They said that all the companies were doing it, they just wanted to offer some resistance in making them pay for it. Android with it's open sourced approach can't do that. No one else has the market share to make that kind of pull.

I agree and I have said OVER AND OVER again that if you like WP for asthetic reasons or you have all the functionality you need with WP than more power to you. It is just a FACT that it is far more limited than Android however, and I have provided extensive reasoning behind it. No one has yet to counter with a fact on WHY my reasoning is wrong.

There is no facts as to why your reasoning is wrong. You're a quantity over quality person and that's fine. I'd rather hook up with a solid 10/10 girl than 200 2-3/10

lol nice try Steve Ballmer. I can see the much lower rating on the WP version of Skype compared to the Android version of Skype. I have both platforms right in front of my face. We can also compare how many threads there are that complain about Skype on both platforms if you want. Oh and I already mentioned above just SOME of the apps that blow on WP compared to Android. Let alone the big apps WP doesn't even have.

You'd find more complaints on Android, I'm sure. It's bee noted that Windows Phone users are more knowledgeable than Android users of their phones. That's why when they released the 8.1 beta that you have to jump through a few hoops to get, well over 10 percent of the installed base went and got that developer preview. It's understandable that we'd have more concern for quality. Also, Skype for Windows Phone did suck til about four months ago. That's a few years worth of residual 1 stars.

WP app selection is such a joke that right now the top paid apps are mytube, hot tiles!, metrotube, flashlight +, and moliplayer pro.

2 of those are youtube rip-offs and a flashlight app that is standard on all Android phones in the last 2 years.

Let's look at Android's now. Okay, you have some games there. That's cool. Oh, a launcher? That's cool... I can pay that much to make my phone pretty much not look any different and definitely not higher quality. Okay, FoxFi... Wifi tethering... That has come standard on Windows Phones for almost three years now. A music player? Sheesh, I know stock Android music players are nigh unusable but people are actually paying for a replacement? I guess I'm just fortunate to have a good music player built into my OS. Finally, a guitar tabs app... I'm honestly shocked that this is a paid app.

I mean ultimately, the paid apps on Android are going to be a bit better in terms of games because not as high a percentage of users buy apps on Android. It's funny how Apple has less than 1/3 the install base and over double the app revenue by a long shot. Android users don't like to pay for apps. Google is somehow walking that line of an anti-trust suit so we don't get Google services. I'm not a fan so it's no concern to me. Some people though, want a good Youtube app. You can install it ad-free for free but we support our developers rather than side-loading or settling and as a result, we have arguably the best youtube experience.

The fact that you have the OPTION to root your phone DOES in fact make it superior however. Unless we are living in a crazy world:

having a choice > no choice

That is pretty much objective.

Not sure I have ever heard someone say, "WOW I SURE AM GLAD I HAVE NO CHOICE IN THIS MATTER!".
The point is that at present in the mobile world, you can either have choice or quality. You prefer choice. We don't. I use Android regularly as well as iOS, Jolla, BBOS, MeeGo and on occasion I bust out FF OS. At the end of the day, I want aesthetics, I want reliability and I want overall quality. I don't find those on Android.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site

As far as Malware goes, there were over 40,000 malware apps in the play store last year. 28,000 of them did not require root. Suppose it's fortunate that most only sign you up for tons of premium text services or send all the data on your phone to a third party server. No big deal.

Oh, in terms of hardware, Microsoft originally went that route. They knew that WP7 ran smoother than Android or even iOS on a 1 GHz processor single core but then Samsung went and turned cores into a selling point despite incessant lag. Windows Phone does that to appease the masses.

Slayix312

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I'd definitely say the Skype app is better on Windows Phone than Android though not better than that of iOS. That wasn't my point though, you're comparing Android and iOS as though they both have high QUALITY apps which simply isn't the case. Android apps are usually poor half-baked iOS ports because they can get away with it since Android has no universal design language that might drive them to differentiate to some degree. Let's look at a few popular apps. Facebook, you get an iOS port. It's impractical. There's nothing intuitive about the interface. How about Instagram? The official app on both is okay... Try 6snap though, you won't be able to go back. It just seems bad in comparison.Same can be said of Instagram. Don't really use that one but in doing reviews, the Android app is just ugly. That's Android as a whole though. There's no quality. There's a million launchers and none look as good as Windows Phone or even iOS. There's likely 100 different keyboards and none is on par with that of Windows Phone 8.1. All the apps? On Android it looks like a plethora of poorly tossed together design elements that vary from one to the next. The lack of a universal design language could be called...er... umm... Modern art?

Well then you would be the only one I that thinks Skype is better on WP than on Android I guess. A quick comparison of reviews tells another story. We can also compare complaint threads from WPcentral regarding Skype to those from Android-central regarding Skype. You say Android apps are half-baked iOS ports. Even if that WAS true.I would rather have that (and support from the actual devs) than crappy 3rd party rip-offs with half of the functionality missing haha. Swiftkey absolutely KILLS the keyboard on WP without question really and stock android demolishes the fugly flipping tiles of WP as well. WP looks like the result of a 10 year old in charge of its UI with its super imaginative square tiles.....revolutionary!

Yeah, Microsoft released a press release on this one. They said that all the companies were doing it, they just wanted to offer some resistance in making them pay for it. Android with it's open sourced approach can't do that. No one else has the market share to make that kind of pull.

lol Microsoft got caught red-handed and tried to use the "well everyone else does it!" as some type of excuse. Not to mention the rumors of backdoors put in by Microsoft for Windows 8 in general. loool. I would MUCH rather trust Google than Microsoft.

There is no facts as to why your reasoning is wrong. You're a quantity over quality person and that's fine. I'd rather hook up with a solid 10/10 girl than 200 2-3/10

Except you are with a solid 5/10 girl that is half disabled and can only do half of what my 10/10 bomb-shell can do. That is the actual difference.

Let's look at Android's now. Okay, you have some games there. That's cool. Oh, a launcher? That's cool... I can pay that much to make my phone pretty much not look any different and definitely not higher quality. Okay, FoxFi... Wifi tethering... That has come standard on Windows Phones for almost three years now. A music player? Sheesh, I know stock Android music players are nigh unusable but people are actually paying for a replacement? I guess I'm just fortunate to have a good music player built into my OS. Finally, a guitar tabs app... I'm honestly shocked that this is a paid app.

1. Yes a launcher which you can use to change your UI. Try that on WP...oh wait what you see if what you get. No changing that.

2. FoxFi offers FREE tethering. Android has had a built in tethering app for years as well but that requires you to PAY the carrier. Your tethering app on Windows phone is loltastic in this regards.

3. WP music player is embarassing. It offers a very light equalizer. The paid music player on Android offers MUCH more advanced functionality. Android has a basic music player that is better than WP stock as well rofl.

I mean ultimately, the paid apps on Android are going to be a bit better in terms of games because not as high a percentage of users buy apps on Android. It's funny how Apple has less than 1/3 the install base and over double the app revenue by a long shot. Android users don't like to pay for apps. Google is somehow walking that line of an anti-trust suit so we don't get Google services. I'm not a fan so it's no concern to me. Some people though, want a good Youtube app. You can install it ad-free for free but we support our developers rather than side-loading or settling and as a result, we have arguably the best youtube experience.

WP meanwhile are light-years behind in buying apps or app availability compared to both iOS or Android lol.

The point is that at present in the mobile world, you can either have choice or quality. You prefer choice. We don't. I use Android regularly as well as iOS, Jolla, BBOS, MeeGo and on occasion I bust out FF OS. At the end of the day, I want aesthetics, I want reliability and I want overall quality. I don't find those on Android.

You can have both with Android. On WP you can have a cripple half-mentally retarded offspring-like OS haha.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
To the die-hard WP fans here: the OP is entitled to his opinion.

It is very important to have an opposing point of view to keep MS on its toes. I think this subject has been more than covered on these boards.

To the OP: when we want your opinion, we'll give it to you.

Slayix312

May 31, 2014
Visit site
To the die-hard WP fans here: the OP is entitled to his opinion.

It is very important to have an opposing point of view to keep MS on its toes. I think this subject has been more than covered on these boards.

To the OP: when we want your opinion, we'll give it to you.

When you want my opinion you'll give me my own opinion? What?

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
You can have both with Android. On WP you can have a cripple half-mentally retarded offspring-like OS haha.

Whoa. You began this thread at least under the pretence that you had a considered and sensible comparison to make. But now you're using analogies that make fun of mentally disabled children in order to win an argument? Disgusting.

Slayix312

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Whoa. You began this thread at least under the pretence that you had a considered and sensible comparison to make. But now you're using analogies that make fun of mentally disabled children in order to win an argument? Disgusting.

Whose making fun of mentally retarded people? Comparing something to them isn't making fun of them. I didn't say "lol mentally retarded people, hilarious!". The actual statement was in regards to the incapacity of WP being similar. Reading comprehension, "get you some".

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Whose making fun of mentally retarded people? Comparing something to them isn't making fun of them. I didn't say "lol mentally retarded people, hilarious!". The actual statement was in regards to the incapacity of WP being similar. Reading comprehension, "get you some".

After comparing Windows Phone to mentally disabled children you ended your comment with "haha". It's quite clear that you were making fun. I find this completely abhorrent. You should be ashamed of yourself. Comprehend that.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Well that's unfortunate, some people find offensive using that term even to compare something you don't like. It's a poor choice of words. No need to be arrogant, there is nothing wrong to apologize.

I think at the beginning of the thread was fine, with some valid points from the OP, but as the thread was advancing... the purpose of this thread degenerated in the form of tauting and bashing the others users opinions, i don't think will end well.

Slayix312

May 31, 2014
Visit site
After comparing Windows Phone to mentally disabled children you ended your comment with "haha". It's quite clear that you were making fun. I find this completely abhorrent. You should be ashamed of yourself. Comprehend that.

Yeah I was laughing at how incapable WP was. It is a fact that mentally retarded people are incapacitated. That is a FACT. So I'm not sure how making a comparison is making fun of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster