Personal opinions regarding WP8 vs Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayix312

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I think this thread has run it's course
personal opinions being touted as fact is a typical ****** post

Thank Zee for that lol. I actually was being as neutral as I could until he started passing off opinion as fact. Then I just started to combat fire with fire. It was more to troll Zee really. Lol

altafmahmood

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I think if you are so fond of open source OS you should have Ubuntu on your phone. Its completely open no root required. It is highly customizable. And what more you can dock it to a screen and its a desktop running Ubuntu. It is light on hardware fluid and again customizable.

Also Microsoft has a lot of patents 310 to be precise used in android mobiles.

Microsoft's secret list of Android patents revealed by Chinese government | Windows Phone Central

So even if WP is not on many mobiles it is not dying too soon. Let the Android grow or WP grow either ways Microsoft gets its revenue, and it will use it to improve WP.

Even if WP had jail-breaking you wouldn't had done it on your work-phone and would have been unhappy.
Funny even if Android is so good you have a WP as your work-phone.

edit: Here is the list of patents http://images.mofcom.gov.cn/pep/201404/20140408143159274.docx

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Well then you would be the only one I that thinks Skype is better on WP than on Android I guess. A quick comparison of reviews tells another story. We can also compare complaint threads from WPcentral regarding Skype to those from Android-central regarding Skype. You say Android apps are half-baked iOS ports. Even if that WAS true.I would rather have that (and support from the actual devs) than crappy 3rd party rip-offs with half of the functionality missing haha. Swiftkey absolutely KILLS the keyboard on WP without question really and stock android demolishes the fugly flipping tiles of WP as well. WP looks like the result of a 10 year old in charge of its UI with its super imaginative square tiles.....revolutionary!

I fail to see what features I'm missing. Though I think that this post has proven that you're strictly here to troll. For the record though, Windows Phone's keyboard beat out Swiftkey in typing by a full three seconds. Only one keyboard has beaten that and it's flesky which has been proven was a one of and has since been beaten again by, you guessed it, Windows Phone. Swiftkey is downright slow and the prediction is awful. However, you've turned this into nothing but opinions. I ask you though, look at the WPCentral app for Windows Phone and the AndroidCentral app. It's pretty embarrassing.

lol Microsoft got caught red-handed and tried to use the "well everyone else does it!" as some type of excuse. Not to mention the rumors of backdoors put in by Microsoft for Windows 8 in general. loool. I would MUCH rather trust Google than Microsoft.

Oh no, you have rumors and your own clearly biased speculation? What ever will we do?

Except you are with a solid 5/10 girl that is half disabled and can only do half of what my 10/10 bomb-shell can do. That is the actual difference.

10/10 bombshell? If Android had a 10/10 look then they wouldn't have to drastically change the UI every year. Gotta love how much UI elements Android and iOS have been taking from Windows Phone these last two years. 4 years ago, Steve Jobs made a mockery of how flat our UI was. Three years ago, Android's key designer did the same even referring to it as Subway toilet signage. I guess your adorable early 2000s glossy bubbles couldn't last forever. Some people like aesthetics. You guys might eventually catch up in that regard though, who knows?

1. Yes a launcher which you can use to change your UI. Try that on WP...oh wait what you see if what you get. No changing that.

Nice and all but aside from a few gimmicks, most of which make a half-assed attempt at copying iOS and Windows Phone, they all look exactly the same.

2. FoxFi offers FREE tethering. Android has had a built in tethering app for years as well but that requires you to PAY the carrier. Your tethering app on Windows phone is loltastic in this regards.

I have free tethering on my phone built into the US. If your carrier doesn't allow that then I suggest if it's a feature you want you talk to your carrier or be a little more intelligent in where you shop.

3. WP music player is embarassing. It offers a very light equalizer. The paid music player on Android offers MUCH more advanced functionality. Android has a basic music player that is better than WP stock as well rofl.

It's funny. I never really thought opinions could be outright wrong until I read this.

WP meanwhile are light-years behind in buying apps or app availability compared to both iOS or Android lol.

In terms of percentage of users, Windows Phone blows Android away. Android users are the least likely to buy an app and for an independent developer you're actually more likely to make a good living by building a Windows Phone app than an Android app. I build for both but I'm a small developer. Windows Phone showcases my apps if only briefly and there's a lot more room for things that have yet to be done. How many of those android apps on the play store do you think even exceed 1000 downloads? Last year, they ran a study and 23,000 apps didn't even have one playstore download.

You can have both with Android. On WP you can have a cripple half-mentally retarded offspring-like OS haha.

No, no you can't. You still won't find a quality Android handset. Motorola and Lenovo are making great strides towards doing so though. I have high hopes for them in the future but at present, it's a very budget OS. Fix your phone because you have to, it's okay. I'll worry about fixing mine when something goes wrong. In four years of using Windows Phone, that's never happened.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
As the father of an autistic child I don't get worked up when people use terms like "retarded" and such. Until you have a mentally challenged person in your life, you simply don't know any better. I didn't and I used those phrases. In fact I still do because "retarded" is an accurate description. When setting the ignition timing on a 4-stroke engine, you either retard or advance the timing.

Let's not let the PC police dictate our lives based on what they consider offensive. That being said, you make fun of my princess in my presence and I promise you pain.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I get that people are entitled to their own opinions, but at this stage of mobile device development I thought we are well beyond "my OS is totally awesome and yours is absolute crap" threads. Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Mobile Nations decided to merge all these sites, one of their basic premises was that all platforms had their own advantages and that we should appreciate the unique qualities of each option. This type of thread seems absolutely useless to anyone other than creating pointless vituperation.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
As the father of an autistic child I don't get worked up when people use terms like "retarded" and such. Until you have a mentally challenged person in your life, you simply don't know any better. I didn't and I used those phrases. In fact I still do because "retarded" is an accurate description. When setting the ignition timing on a 4-stroke engine, you either retard or advance the timing.

Let's not let the PC police dictate our lives based on what they consider offensive. That being said, you make fun of my princess in my presence and I promise you pain.
I actually cared for a mentally handicapped kid growing up so to some degree I can relate. Were Windows Phone to be compared to such a thing, it'd be a savant of sorts. Perhaps it is behind in a few areas that most might find unimportant but able to produce a beauty that everyone should truly be able to appreciate. I do apologize for the disrespect enacted by the person who opts to troll these forums and make such disgusting comments. I've no affiliation with him but I apologize that a person could sink so low.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I get that people are entitled to their own opinions, but at this stage of mobile device development I thought we are well beyond "my OS is totally awesome and yours is absolute crap" threads. Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Mobile Nations decided to merge all these sites, one of their basic premises was that all platforms had their own advantages and that we should appreciate the unique qualities of each option. This type of thread seems absolutely useless to anyone other than creating pointless vituperation.
First of all, love your name. Second favorite show of all time. Second, I agree. Each OS has it's strengths and weaknesses. However, I've come to find that iOS users are often not the fanboys in this day and age and that they've passed the mantle onto Android users. They refuse to find a flaw even when Google themselves do and will fight to the death over things that the other OSes do have in their favor. I use all OSes and am generally OS agnostic but this guy just seems bent on making baseless and quite frankly, rude statements.

Joaquim Reis

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

lol my thread (which is in PHONE WARS) is making you so mad you want it closed? Sorry if the truth hurts.
Nope, not at all, its just that this is not a thread with ANY point at all. You are just a ****** to whom android is the best thing on earth, and you do anything to bash wp, even make up excuses. So this is not an opinion thread, just garbage. And at least in my country, garbage goes to dump.
I have a custom de-bloated rom that is OC'd and have GPU acceleration enabled. I have Voxer, Skype, Reddit is Fun, Spotify, Hangouts, etc...etc.. all cached when closed and still running at seemingly 100% speed while the Lumia Icon struggles to have more than 5 similar intensive apps open without force-closing one of them. Hey maybe you should try doing what I said in the first sentence and speed up your WP.......oh wait.
You talk to much and say nothing. So you have your cpu degrading, getting the phone even hotter (i bet you will say that it does not get hot, but i already have stored some links of people stating it does, just in case) just because your android cant keep up on stock? Looks great to me xD
Then you say your lumia icon struggles to keep 5 intensive (as if any of the ones you stated were intensive) apps on background?
First, you are forgetting the ones that run on the background, like weather and things like that. Not that they are intensive, but they are there.
Second, if thats the case then you should just RMA your lumia icon, as its defective. My lumia 1520 wont struggle even if i keep WAY more apps running, and way more intensive that those you stated.
Third, when you say something like that, you have to prove it. Other than that you are just a ****** trash talking. How do you do that? Put both phones side to side and make a video, where we can see the apps running (and in wp case going to power saver so we can see all the allowed apps on background too) and the "struggle" that WP has... But i bet you wont do this and will keep trash talking.
see:

Source: Android malware: Google Play accounted for just 0.1% | BGR

That means that the OVERWHELMING majority of malware came from side-loaded apps (which just started being scanned by google play as well btw). Thus it is no surprise that people are creating more malware for Android than WP.

IDC: Smartphone OS Market Share 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011

Windows phone market-share HAS DROPPED since 2013 globally. Why the hell would you even make a malware program for something that 2.7% of the planet uses compared to 81%? It has little to do with WP being more secure and more to do with no one using it lol.
I dont really care the reason, the FACT is that you cant find malware on WP or iphone.

97% Of Mobile Malware Is On Android

And now, you can even get malware by SMS... How lame that i cant even text safely.

Worm-like Android malware spreads using text messages

Or the more sane reasoning; which is that Nokia couldn't get a hold of any 801 snapdragons by the time of manufacturing, but yeah...you know. Whatever you want to believe to help you sleep at night. Oh and if you want to compare and contrast complaint threads I would be MUCH more than happy to compare HTC One M8 complaint threads to Nokia Lumia Icon complaint threads. Be my guest and start. Or maybe we can compare user reviews? The HTC One M8 has a higher user rating than the Lumia Icon on nearly every website you can find.
Oh now we are just comparing M8 and not the whole system? :)
I SAID we could compare the people with FLAGSHIPS complaining about lags... Every actual flagship on both SO are in this comparison (and this is implied on what i stated, you are just trying to manipulate it). If so, you just need to say and i will flood this thread with android complaints :)

No but legit google apps would be nice and not third party rip-offs. IFTTT would be nice. Competent apps from Microsoft would be nice. It is laughable that they improve their apps on competing platforms rather than their own. I don't need 500 battery apps or 1000 flashlight apps either btw. Both come built-in. = - )
I laugh when you say that WP are rip offs, when android are too cheap rip offs of those you can find on IOS. And like i said, even though we dont have a lot of apps, some of them are pretty solid :)
BTW, you may not need 500 battery apps or 1000 flashlight apps, but the fact is that he number of android apps is based on the exageration of futile apps.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I actually cared for a mentally handicapped kid growing up so to some degree I can relate. Were Windows Phone to be compared to such a thing, it'd be a savant of sorts. Perhaps it is behind in a few areas that most might find unimportant but able to produce a beauty that everyone should truly be able to appreciate. I do apologize for the disrespect enacted by the person who opts to troll these forums and make such disgusting comments. I've no affiliation with him but I apologize that a person could sink so low.

No apologies necessary, but appreciated nonetheless. Karma has a way of dealing with those who choose to not follow The Golden Rule and she's one vindictive b***h.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett