GeoPhoto is pulled from the store

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Since i starting to use wp 8.x, i was a great fan of GeoPhoto ( developer Tpartl )
It was a good and neat app.
Last night i got a update message from the store, so i updated.
But no go, instead of a new app, i got an error message on my screen.
So i looked further, and now it seems that the developer has pulled this app from the store.
Okay that can happen but why then first the update?
That puzzles me.

...........this is one of the reasons i never ever going to pay for apps, you can never tel how long you can use them and there are no backup possibilities...........

Anyway, now i am looking for a app that does the same thing and by that i don't mean the disapearing from the store.
Any suggestions?????

alphablue597

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it's a temporary, to fix it and then will be available again. If you have Nokia phone use Nokia storyteller, it's much better...

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Since i starting to use wp 8.x, i was a great fan of GeoPhoto ( developer Tpartl )
It was a good and neat app.
Last night i got a update message from the store, so i updated.
But no go, instead of a new app, i got an error message on my screen.
So i looked further, and now it seems that the developer has pulled this app from the store.
Okay that can happen but why then first the update?
That puzzles me.

...........this is one of the reasons i never ever going to pay for apps, you can never tel how long you can use them and there are no backup possibilities...........

Anyway, now i am looking for a app that does the same thing and by that i don't mean the disapearing from the store.
Any suggestions?????

There isn't much in the way of backup for free apps either... even if you acquire the XAP file, you won't be able to install it if the app has been pulled from the store. Example being when Whatsapp was pulled from the store, people downloaded the file but it still refused to install.

tipako

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am the developer of GeoPhoto.
I pulled the app from the store 2 days ago because of update problems after I retargeted the app from WP8.0 to WP8.1.
As you already wrote, I republished it again after another fixed version was certified by Microsoft.

By the way: this is what Developer Previews of WP are for: devs can check if their apps and updates work with the new OS. As a user you're more "safe" when using the final version (I only unpublished the app for WP8.1, it was still available for WP8.0).

Sorry for the problems, have a nice weekend!

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am the developer of GeoPhoto.
I pulled the app from the store 2 days ago because of update problems after I retargeted the app from WP8.0 to WP8.1.
As you already wrote, I republished it again after another fixed version was certified by Microsoft.

By the way: this is what Developer Previews of WP are for: devs can check if their apps and updates work with the new OS. As a user you're more "safe" when using the final version (I only unpublished the app for WP8.1, it was still available for WP8.0).

Sorry for the problems, have a nice weekend!

Thats clears things up, thx for the up
Nice to meet you
I didnt know that there where two seperate apps ( one for 8 and one for 8.1 ).
It happend quite strange, ( btw i have now the autoudate of ).
I started the app and got a error..............
After a few times i delete the app and tried installing it again, no succes.
Reboot and tried again........stil no succes.
Waited a hour or so and wanted to trie again but suddenly the app was gone.........
Maybe ( just some advice ), leave a small comment so people know whats going on,
before they are doing all kind of things with there devices ;-)

Btw is it possible to add a textfield in the geotagged pictures for some comments or notes of and for the user.
I am not a developer, i design apps for other developers in the way of layouts and stuf.
The layout is clean and neat, thats why i love it.
But mis the opt to make notes.
If you like i can put my idea on ( digital ) paper.

tipako

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Btw is it possible to add a textfield in the geotagged pictures for some comments or notes of and for the user.
I am not a developer, i design apps for other developers in the way of layouts and stuf.
The layout is clean and neat, thats why i love it.
But mis the opt to make notes.
If you like i can put my idea on ( digital ) paper.

I was asked to add a notes-functions multiple times now and I already was thinking of a way realizing that.

There would be 2 possibilities I see for saving the comments:
- In the app what could be realized easily, but comments would get lost when moving the pictures between folders or reinstalling the app. (this is what Storyteller is doing as far as I know)
- In the Exif-tags of the picture, but this would be a very difficult and time-consuming task and the existing pictures would have to be overwritten.

The main problem is that I am looking for a way without having to introduce new texts because I would have to ask the many translators of GeoPhoto to translate the new strings.
If you have any idea how that functionality could be added into the UI nicely and without having to introduce new texts, let me know :)

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
There would be 2 possibilities I see for saving the comments:
- In the app what could be realized easily, but comments would get lost when moving the pictures between folders or reinstalling the app. (this is what Storyteller is doing as far as I know)

I think thats the only way, to rewrite the photo's is not a good idea exept when the photo's who are edited with comments are duplicate into a special created folder.
But that could work.................just thinking outlout here
duplicate the pictures in a special folder and save the comments in the same folder, not in the exiftags but as a seperate textfile ( linked to the picture )

You dont need to add aditional texst atleast not much, what i have in mind is visual based, so the translaters would not have to rewrite or ad any translations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234