Official apps and games kick out unoffical ones from the WP store

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
What I have noticed is that once the official apps/games comes to Windows Phone store many a times the unofficial apps that have a good rating gets removed (Not the case with all apps/games). I think the original creators file copyrights complain to MS. Have a look at some examples below.

Flipkart
Official : Flipkart | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (India)
Un-Official : Flipkart | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (India)

Just Dial
Official : Justdial | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (India)
Un-Official : JustDial | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (India)

Unroll Me - unblock the slots
Official : Unroll Me - unblock the slots | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Un-Official : Unroll It | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
You can just report the unofficial /spams to Microsoft. They might remove them or take an action on the developer.
The apps mentioned above lived for quite a while as the Official apps were not there. They weren't spam and hence no one would report them. But the moment the official ones came in they were gone.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Everyone loves official apps. Consider thinking in this way - if unofficial apps are on high priority /top rated in windows phone store them users will have hard time finding the official apps. There were some silly apps lie subway surfers guide which rated by more than 8k users (silly app ) but once official game from killo was released soon the silly app was hard to find unless you type something like subway surfers guide.

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Definitely a copyright issue. But before the official app is released, the copyright holders may not care. In many cases the "unofficial' app developer can rename the app and all is well, depends on the type of app (Twitter for example, where other developers are allowed to create apps that use official APIs to interact with the backend content - but they can't name their app "Twitter"). But in the case of a game (Unroll Me) that is a direct rip-off, someone stole the game and published it as their own.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro