Galaxy S5, easily has the best phone camera on the market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timture

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised WPC didn't post the news that DxOMark rated The Galaxy S5 best phone camera on the planet bar none. Camera quality seems to be of so much interest and importance with Windows users but no mention of this news on this site at all. Anyway, here's the link for people that like to read objective reviews with actual observed measurements. That's all one can really ask for in review. Quite embarrassing for Nokia and it's camera focused pureview models.

SOURCE

SOURCE

Last edited:

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
hmmmm - Lumia 1520 (reviewed in Feb) got an 8.4 (84); Samsung Galaxy S5 gets a 79 (7.9) ...

draw your own conclusions.

Timture

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
hmmmm - Lumia 1520 (reviewed in Feb) got an 8.4 (84); Samsung Galaxy S5 gets a 79 (7.9) ...

draw your own conclusions.

Wow, talking about drawing your own conclusion. Did you even read the mobile ratings.
8.4 is not 84 and 79 is not 7.9. Try to be objective. I know a lot of people are not used to reading reviews with actual measured data. There are so many unprofessional ****** opinions guised as a so called professional review out there, but this one is quite clear.

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
What did you expect to happen? You came into a WP fan forum to brag about a crapdroid and expected the response to be different. Be honest, you posted that just to get people stirred up.

BTW: All the cons that are listed for the S5 camera are where Nokia dominates.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Hm I don't know, I have galaxy S5 next to me and although pictures are great in daylight everything isn't so great at the night.
Will do some pictures and than post it here. Only problem is that I don't have Pureview phone, only Lumia 820.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1020 and a lot of my friends have an s5 they always ask me to use my camera so that's something I guess..

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, the 1020 has a much cleaner picture. I know that. Samsung is infamous for intense noise reduction and then sharpening. It's really a terrible look when you pixel peep.

The S5 takes some awesome pictures in daylight, from what I've seen. They do come out kind of "bright" but I kinda like it.

If it were better than the 1020, blogs everywhere would be running with that. Everyone knows the 1020 is king of camera phones.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Wow, talking about drawing your own conclusion. Did you even read the mobile ratings.
8.4 is not 84 and 79 is not 7.9. Try to be objective. I know a lot of people are not used to reading reviews with actual measured data. There are so many unprofessional ****** opinions guised as a so called professional review out there, but this one is quite clear.

Not a ******, but phones were measured on different scales ? I skimmed the review, how DO you compare the two, then ?

The Lumia 1520 was NOT even listed & the Lumia 1020 lost points because of it's time between shots ...

'splain ?

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm surprised WPC didn't post the news that DxOMark rated The Galaxy S5 best phone camera on the planet bar none. Camera quality seems to be of so much interest and importance with Windows users but no mention of this news on this site at all. Anyway, here's the link for people that like to read objective reviews with actual observed measurements. That's all one can really ask for in review. Quite embarrassing for Nokia and it's camera focused pureview models.

SOURCE

SOURCE
can't control my laugh over you...... What on earth made you post it here......😰 😅
We all know(don't need any website to admit it) that worlds best smartphone camera 📷 is 1020 .... It's oversampling rocks everything out of game...... Use it and then come to post 📮 something that makes sense

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The Galaxy S5 is a very capable device...no argument there.

In the words of a well respected WPC staff member:
"We can do better than threads like this one my friends."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon