Official youtube app from microsoft/google

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
As we all know that what google did with the youtube app by microsoft.... So are there any hope for an improved youtube app from any of these?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well now that WP 8.1 supports HTML 5 app development, Microsoft might be able to build an app as per Google's demands/guidelines, unless Google still behaves like an as5h013 and adds more restrictions which I guess would be the case.. So as of now, it's uncertain whether an official native YouTube would be released

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Well now that WP 8.1 supports HTML 5 app development, Microsoft might be able to build an app as per Google's demands/guidelines, unless Google still behaves like an as5h013 and adds more restrictions which I guess would be the case.. So as of now, it's uncertain whether an official native YouTube would be released
Why can't microsoft do smthing like this to google..... After all microsoft has more diverse and more popular services...... Except for some

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I wish if you would have used some more words...

Google doesn't provide apps for WP in part because of WP's small market share. There are other reasons, but that's part of it. Microsoft provides apps for iOS and Android because of the large market share. iPhone & Android together make up 95% of the smartphone market. Not providing their services for iOS and Android might drive a few users to WP, but probably it would drive more people to using other services. They've calculated that not providing apps would hurt them more than help overall, hence the apps.

That's the situation in a nutshell. There's probably more to it, but this is the basics.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Google doesn't provide apps for WP in part because of WP's small market share. There are other reasons, but that's part of it. Microsoft provides apps for iOS and Android because of the large market share. iPhone & Android together make up 95% of the smartphone market. Not providing their services for iOS and Android might drive a few users to WP, but probably it would drive more people to using other services. They've calculated that not providing apps would hurt them more than help overall, hence the apps.

That's the situation in a nutshell. There's probably more to it, but this is the basics.
Got that...............

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

I don't buy it. Sure, WP's market share is low, but what of the fact that it has a lot of users, i.e. tens of millions? Isn't that a hefty user base regardless of one's share in the market, how can Google not make a profit on that?

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't buy it. Sure, WP's market share is low, but what of the fact that it has a lot of users, i.e. tens of millions? Isn't that a hefty user base regardless of one's share in the market, how can Google not make a profit on that?

I totally agree with you........but I know why the hell google always sucks..........it knows if there is any operating system that has the potential to beat them up is WP.... IOS an android are similar...one that is happy with iOS will definitely be ok with Android...so no completion with them.. But the WP user( with my experience) , most of them hate ...Google's android....thats the main problem for google... Once WP gets a pleasing market share , there game is over.........so indirectly google is afraid of success of WP

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234