Nokia Camera updated to version 4.7.2.5

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand

a) Living Images were supposed to hit only selected (and recent) devices, like 1520, 930/ICON, and to be enabled by Cyan
b) This being said, the Camera Beta app brought Living images to my 1020 running WP8.0/Black
c) I've updated Nokia Camera, but no trace of living images. I've set default settings, rebooted, but no, only smartcam captures are animated in the gallery.

So I'm back to the beta.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
This problem occurred with the Amber-firmware and it was not solved/repaired in the Black-firmware.
The photo quality was way better in the Portico-firmware.

Nokia completely ignores the complaints about this by many many users.
Nokia cameras are no more any better than the competition this way.

yes it sucks a lot

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand

a) Living Images were supposed to hit only selected (and recent) devices, like 1520, 930/ICON, and to be enabled by Cyan
b) This being said, the Camera Beta app brought Living images to my 1020 running WP8.0/Black
c) I've updated Nokia Camera, but no trace of living images. I've set default settings, rebooted, but no, only smartcam captures are animated in the gallery.

So I'm back to the beta.

Lol, it was a bug. You can't even view the living images properly. So why do you still need this feature w/o Cyan?

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Silviu, depends on your bug definition. Living images works properly on 1020, the eco-system is simply not ready (so they can be seen in the beta camera roll only, so far). From that point of view, it's not a bug.
If you suggest that now, the feature is in the nokia camera app but will be enabled with Cyan (stock camera roll supporting living images, storyteller too), yes of course I can wait.

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
This problem occurred with the Amber-firmware and it was not solved/repaired in the Black-firmware.
The photo quality was way better in the Portico-firmware.

Nokia completely ignores the complaints about this by many many users.
Nokia cameras are no more any better than the competition this way.

Lumia 630 have a better quality photo, but with the same camera of 520.
#hopeneverend

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Btw in the new update there is no option to view the picture right after the shot was taken, need to open gallery =\

Silviu, depends on your bug definition. Living images works properly on 1020, the eco-system is simply not ready (so they can be seen in the beta camera roll only, so far). From that point of view, it's not a bug.
If you suggest that now, the feature is in the nokia camera app but will be enabled with Cyan (stock camera roll supporting living images, storyteller too), yes of course I can wait.

Didn't test that much, but AFAIK you can view the "Living image" only right after you took the shot. You will not be able to view it later i.e. in Storyteller. I tried it on my 1520 right after the beta app was updated, and I understood there was no big reason to use it.

anon(5344611)

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it's just me, but I'm unable to take high resolution pictures with my Lumia 1020 since I updated to 8.1 —instead of getting the photo, I get a completely green image. I guess it'll be fixed with Cyan. Anybody else experiencing this?

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I care about updating from Amber>Black and Black>8.1 is to see the camera improvements. Microkia should put the camera algorithm from portico to Cyan update.

Albene

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just a question I'm been trying to figure out... How much more space will each picture now consume with living images? After all, each one is technically a mini-video.

patrikmore

May 28, 2014
Visit site
To me Pure View doesn’t work, excepted for low light-high ISO photos, if you put aside the yellowish bias, also detected. They’re afraid of noise, I can understand that, but at least give us the option to choose picture quality. Taken with good light photos are good, they could be better. People are getting better colors switching to other photo apps. If you want better sharpness (till 800 ISO) you have to use raw (DNG). It’s what I’m doing (and what allows proving what I’m saying). The sad thing it’s perhaps there will be no further improvements to 1020 Pure View, because they’re considering it’s an old sensor.

TuanLVT

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
when i used Nokia Camera Beta... i set my camera settings as default on NL1020 and it worked for me... saw living images... but its short

L1011_Pilot

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Is it me? Or did this new Camera Update changed the resolution and camera color profile? To me the image and color reproduction quality became worse after installing this update on my Lumia 1520 running Lumia Black firmware.

I wonder if this will be fixed once I upgrade to Lumia Amber later this summer...

wpfanboy17

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Is it me? Or did this new Camera Update changed the resolution and camera color profile? To me the image and color reproduction quality became worse after installing this update on my Lumia 1520 running Lumia Black firmware.

I wonder if this will be fixed once I upgrade to Lumia Amber later this summer...

Lumia Amber?? Don't go backwards.. Its Cyan update. :D

Mat Kfgb

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Indeed, this update worse even more the photo quality. Photos seems to have 5 mp at the most.

I use for some time creative camera and tested whit nokia camera,default camera,camera 360, oneshot,proshot,1shot,nokia camera beta,imagine cam.....and in all the cases I stay whit creative camera, i See that take a litle bit more sharp photos than the rest.
Nokia camera is wo0rse every update. Just make the photos clear, It that dificult? for God sake. -.-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte