Possible 3d interface coming?

Fiann

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else considered the badass possibility that McLaren or it's successor might have a 3D interface? A few days ago I read something about MS potentially releasing a phone with 3D display technology as well. It was just a sentence or two in passing on an article about Amazon's Fire Phone, nothing major, and it's possible I misunderstood or that the author got their facts wrong. This weekend it hit me that if that's true, it would be a PERFECT fit with the 3D sensing in McLaren. A 3D screen where objects can appear to float above the screen combined with a touchless 3D interface that can sense your fingers above the screen would be a perfect fit. UI elements could seem to float in the air where you could interact with them. Just as an example, suppose you had, say, a rotary knob for a volume control. It is projected above the screen. You reach out and "grab" the knob with your fingers and pantomime turning it and the volume is adjusted accordingly. Seriously, how amazing would that be?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I would absolutely love it if this happened, but it might be a little further off than we think. This kind of technology is sure to eat battery life but I think the WP UI would work well in 3D. It'd be great if they would allow more information to be shown on other 'sides' of tiles using this 3D technology, if you see what I mean.

Fiann

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I would absolutely love it if this happened, but it might be a little further off than we think. This kind of technology is sure to eat battery life but I think the WP UI would work well in 3D. It'd be great if they would allow more information to be shown on other 'sides' of tiles using this 3D technology, if you see what I mean.

I don't know that it would. I mean, any more than having the 3D touch of McLaren anyways. It basically is an extension of the super-sensitive touch feature on the high-end Lumias now (it works on roughly the same principal) and the 3D screen shouldn't use much if any more power since it's basically a parallax lens in front of the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12