The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Yes, please! And while I'm dreaming, throw in expandable storage.
    06-24-2014 12:49 PM
    Personally I'm not sure I'd really get a lot of use out of a stylus or pen holder in a phone, but I can understand why you'd want it on a 1520 successor. I think this might well be a great move if they did this in their next phablet.
    06-24-2014 12:55 PM
    I hear ya. I wasn't sure I would use the stylus on my Dell Venue 8, but I've been having a blast drawing/painting while I sitting on the couch. It has an active stylus that uses Dell Synaptics, meh...good enough. The stylus has had a rocky road, but the third version is pretty solid.

My buddy busted out his note 3 and showed me some of his stuff and I was jealous. I would trade in my lumia 920 in a heartbeat for a 1520+active stylus. I know I can use my Venue, but the convenience would be awesome. Hopefully, there is something for WPs soon.
    06-24-2014 01:20 PM
    It's also not something I'm personally looking for, but I think it would be a great offering to compete with Samsung's Galaxy Note line.
    06-28-2014 10:58 AM
    A stylus would be lovely, although the OS would need to support it, and we'd need Microsoft to update Windows Phone OneNote for the first time in 3 years.
    Last edited by Ezhik; 07-05-2014 at 11:21 AM.
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-04-2014 07:46 AM
    A stylus would be lovely, although the OS would need to support it, and we'd need Microsoft to update Windows Phone OneNote for the first time in 3 years.

I agree! OneNote is already the center obviously of taking notes. All the need to do I upgrade it more and take the same concept of the Pen that the Surface Pro 3 has and make it better and obviously smaller.
    07-21-2014 12:33 PM
    I'm not being specific to this Lumia 1620 idea, but it'd be nice if Microsoft actually did make the Surface Pro 3 'pen' into a standalone platform. In other words, a Bluetooth based solution that could work with all Windows-based touch devices, regardless of them being phone or tablet. BT-based solutions of this nature have already been developed by Wacom and Adonit, it'd be cool if Microsoft could refer to and improve upon their efforts to come up with a genuinely workable solution for Windows.
    anon(7822905) likes this.
    07-22-2014 02:03 AM
    I do agree with that too. I just feel like they need the pen because that's the one thing the 1520 needed. Sure it was the first step for Windows Phone stepping into the Phablet competition. But there's really no benefit of it. Sure at the time. The screen resolution and camera is great. Now you have the Icon, 930 and more future phones. It needs to have more than specs as an advantage for a phablet phone..... A pen!
    07-22-2014 01:49 PM
    An active stylus is now more important than every other aspect of your operating system because it makes the phone an actual productivity tool for us corporate drones. Windows advantages have always been for the super user for whom Apple is always a little too dumbed down. A stylus makes one note as important to me as excel. As it stands I will be using one note and excel on the note 4 because the stylus is no longer negotiable
    10-23-2014 02:08 PM
    How about a campaign to get microsoft to manufacture pen based phablet (An affordable one), not like sp3 kind of expensive and available globally.

Or alternatively

Persuade them to make their office suite fully functional on android pen devices. the present versions (free) are totally featureless do not offer local storage option -only OneDrive storage. I just talked with their sales guy for full phone onenote version for android and came to know it doesn't exist.

Or may be I will leave windows altogether if google enters pc OS realm and develops google keep and docs at a level comparable to ms office and onenote.
    Last edited by sicunder36; 12-01-2014 at 11:04 PM.
    12-01-2014 10:52 PM