Wp 8.1 - Additional Features Concept 1

Tupaitercekik

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi.

I've been using 8.1 for few weeks now. Here's a few thoughts on small features that I believe might help improve the OS experience. All the changes are made to fit the design language as possible.

Quick reply for Toast Notification.

p18r7khkof1fn9ornbdi4cfn7d5.png

Quick reply for Toast Notification is a good one to have. Having the ability to reply a message without opening the app will speeds things up by save time on re-opening apps with splash screen loading time.

As shown, hold and swiping down the Toast Notification will expend the message, isolate the home-screen (same behavior for Action Center) and brings up the keyboard ready to reply. Expended space only shows 4 lines of sentences at a time. Swipe text to scroll up and down. Same action to cancel or close action as Action Center by swiping up 'bar', tapping isolated background and of course 'back' button. Expended space matches volume control interface on active 'now playing' track.

p18r5kv0pt190h52m1f2l1t6v7b23.png

Pull-to-Refresh Feature for 'What's New' in People Hub.

I like the new people hub layout. I use it a lot. It get things done viewing tweets update as far am concern. But same like the previous version, theres no pull-to-refresh function. I not a big fan to swipe and tap refresh to load new feeds. I have small hands and holding L920 device there are very much chances for me to mistakenly touch the physical 'search' button while swiping up.

p18r7khkof1eck1mnq1ieo1pq612pe4.png

As shown above, inspired by Cortana design. I used a progressive circle to indicate pulling process. Stretched (2nd figure below) feed will snap back to normal and load new feed. This feature should be apply to all similar scenarios through out the OS.

p18r5kv0puin01qbr1s6r123kqjs5.png

Progressive Bar for 'Now Playing' in Volume Control.

I think such feature is needed in the fundamental interface design for the Volume Control. Sure, it should do more than just to show track progress. But as per now, I think its a great feature to have. As for design concern, I used thin 2pt line just to keep it minimally designed.

p18r7khko5vfl1rqghuf1o981gsd3.png

Note : I used Accent Builder Apps and transparent tiles to get the homepage look.

What do you guys think? Thanks. :smile:

teohabunal

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I like the pull-to-refresh function on the People hub. And as for the music playing with the volume control, a progressive bar scrubber is a really nice addition. Other than that, great concept there! :)

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I just really quickly thought about the quick reply for notifications. Just brainstorming here but would it be better if you can just reply within the action center as opposed to that toast that shows up? It just seems like to me the toast would get in the way of everything if it expanded for a reply as opposed to just dropping down the action center and bringing up a text box (that pushes down the other notifications, like how the 'files' pushes down the tiles when its expanded on the start screen)

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I just really quickly thought about the quick reply for notifications. Just brainstorming here but would it be better if you can just reply within the action center as opposed to that toast that shows up? It just seems like to me the toast would get in the way of everything if it expanded for a reply as opposed to just dropping down the action center and bringing up a text box (that pushes down the other notifications, like how the 'files' pushes down the tiles when its expanded on the start screen)
that would be nice too, but being able to tap on a toast is a bit faster then drawing the whole notification center down to reply to a message

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss