[CONCEPT] More colours in Windows Phone UI

cesarg

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't like the Settings one, if I wanted that I'd get an android. The rest might look nice in our devices.

What would be actually interesting is to, for instance, zoom out and view the icons in a grid so you have access to every setting without scrolling.

mattss

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't like the Settings one, if I wanted that I'd get an android. The rest might look nice in our devices.

What would be actually interesting is to, for instance, zoom out and view the icons in a grid so you have access to every setting without scrolling.
Thanks! I'm lookin for a different solution for settings page, more Modern UI and less Android :)

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Don't get offended. But I like WP8 way more than this or 8.1 in terms of UI. And if I wanted this much colour, I'd simply go for Android L. L gets it better than this.

mattss

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Don't get offended. But I like WP8 way more than this or 8.1 in terms of UI. And if I wanted this much colour, I'd simply go for Android L. L gets it better than this.

Why should I get offended? No problem, man :wink: We all know Microsoft wants to merge Windows and Windows Phone in a single OS, so probably WP is gonna be like the desktop OS, that is much more colorful.

mattss

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
The idea has just passed 1200 votes on UserVoice (about 3x in 24 hours) and it is in the first page. Thank you for your support!

Tornado92

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Love this concept, I've always love the Windows 8 UI and was a bit disappointed that WP doesn't follow the looks. I've gave 3 vote on uservoice (wish I could give more).

Anyway, here's my idea. You know the alphabet thing that usually put on a list

wp7menu.jpg

Maybe you could change it more like Windows 8 style, like this :

people_account_imported.jpg

(Also, this is a bit unrelated to this topic but I've also think that you should be able to access the alphabetical jump list in the app list by pinch

Last edited:

mattss

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Love this concept, I've always love the Windows 8 UI and was a bit disappointed that WP doesn't follow the looks. I've gave 3 vote on uservoice (wish I could give more).

Anyway, here's my idea. You know the alphabet thing that usually put on a list

View attachment 80123

Maybe you could change it more like Windows 8 style, like this :

View attachment 80124

(Also, this is a bit unrelated to this topic but I've also think that you should be able to access the alphabetical jump list in the app list by pinch

Thanks for your votes!

Yeah, I think this is a good idea! I'm currently working on this feature and I'll upload a picture as soon as possible. The feature to zoom-in or zoom-out by pinch is called "Semantic Zoom".
[video]http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh465319.aspx?videoid=40f74518-2534-42ed-913b-820b4d453e38&from=sharepermalink-link[/video]

Thanks for your feedback! :wink:

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
mod2.3.pngnav.pngnav2.pngsett.jpgshare.png

just some of my ideas maybe u can rework some

the nav bar i made it so u can swap buttons for like if you are coming from Samsung and u can maybe add a camera shortcut in the extreme right .

Action Center now have notification tiles ... that show three message previews.
each tile flips if more than 3 messages or notifications come in per app.
notification tiles also expand to show all notifications and allow you to swipe away individual messages leaving only the ones you want to check back.
also a tap on hold gives u more options like reply and delete like in the email app there but it will be app and developer dependent.
also the quick toggels are on / off in my image to get to that setting you tap and hold and poof you in wifi settings etc

Settings - i sorted it and grouped them off as they should have been it also now has search you can add more colour to it if you wish.

SHARE menu now has quick share large persistent tiles for things like NFC , Bluetooth, etc even if they are off as it should be.
apps are gouped by messaging , social and others.

BTW i voted for u ... im kind done with WP UI designs im now thinking of innovative software features.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I really hate this and am glad you aren't the designer for windows phone. No offense.

You could at least make your criticism constructive by telling us what's wrong with it.

I personally like this idea and the whole black/white menus get a little stale after a while.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
You could at least make your criticism constructive by telling us what's wrong with it.

I personally like this idea and the whole black/white menus get a little stale after a while.

lol idk why u even replied to said person these are people to ignore ... he very well knew he could have phrased it better / nicer unnecessarily mean is what i call it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720