[CONCEPT] More colours in Windows Phone UI

mattss

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your 5000+ votes on UserVoice! (10/26/2014)

IMPORTANT: Can you vote on UserVoice? Thanks!
More colours in Windows Phone UI ?€“ Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

Hello everybody,
I wanted to show you some of my concepts for a new WP UI.

NEW Internet Explorer (Just some changes)
youtube_mobile_website2_wpc.jpg

Photos
When you tap the map icon, you will see a map like Nokia Storyteller.
photos all.pngphotos maps.png

Email client
email.png

Xbox Video
video.png

Xbox Games
games-collection.pnggames-profile.png

Xbox Music - Now Playing & Xbox Music - Your collection (I don't like them)
music.pngmusic-artists.png

Settings (I'm working on a different solution)
settings2.png

Alarms and Sound Recorder
alarms.pngregistratore.png

Last edited:

anon(8776042)

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Nice, I like it.
The settings one is a must need, and the alarm app needs an update because is pathetic...
I need to configure the volume, the snooze time, and it could also have flip to snooze...

three_thoughts

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Very nice. WP needs some colour and I think this is one of the main reasons why the design of windows apps has gone ahead of WP apps.

The Bing apps on WP look good, but the core apps and Music and video especially are lagging behind their windows equivalents

nyolc8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Well it looks nice, but it reminds me now the new google design. I think the present looking of the WP is much more unique. But I agree, maybe we could get some more colors on the UI.

Enuniq

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Frankly, Google completely copied the Metro design. So as for as I'm concerned, it's pretty original... Microsoft should try it

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Although nice, it's very simplistic. Sorry to sound blunt, but there's little to no variation in this. Just because Facebook had a revamp doesn't mean you have to follow that trend. But with these concepts though, you could do a lot more. Just need to mix it with Modern UI a bit, like use pivot menus or panoramas instead of tapping buttons to reveal side columns.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
The reason i truely adore this concept is that it does not break the Modern UI concept and looks a lot more vibrant and alive. Like the tiles felt when i first saw them. Hope this get massive exposure

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Although nice, it's very simplistic. Sorry to sound blunt, but there's little to no variation in this. Just because Facebook had a revamp doesn't mean you have to follow that trend. But with these concepts though, you could do a lot more. Just need to mix it with Modern UI a bit, like use pivot menus or panoramas instead of tapping buttons to reveal side columns.
This is what Modern UI is all about, minimalistic and simplistic. There is no variation now anyway because all the menu's and apps are black background with a white font.

mattss

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for your feedback! As Fade_z said, I haven't changed the Modern UI, but I just added a bit of colour.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
This is what Modern UI is all about, minimalistic and simplistic. There is no variation now anyway because all the menu's and apps are black background with a white font.

That's putting it in generalization. The variation I meant is for an app having a 'best fit' UI according to its functionalities. The alarm clock for example, do you really have to have that menu button at the top right? If that is for other functionalities of the alarm app like timer or stopwatch, then wouldn't it be best to just use a pivot UI so users can just swipe through functionalities instead of tapping and tapping. And you already have the options bar at the bottom to reveal more settings.

Point is, they don't have to look the same. Just have a UI that works best with the kind of app.

mattss

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
That's putting it in generalization. The variation I meant is for an app having a 'best fit' UI according to its functionalities. The alarm clock for example, do you really have to have that menu button at the top right? If that is for other functionalities of the alarm app like timer or stopwatch, then wouldn't it be best to just use a pivot UI so users can just swipe through functionalities instead of tapping and tapping. And you already have the options bar at the bottom to reveal more settings.

Point is, they don't have to look the same. Just have a UI that works best with the kind of app.

I understand what you mean. A tabbed/sliding system like the actual one is very useful. The button I put on the right, near the app name (for example: in alarm app) is meant to go/come back to other existing alarms list. It isn't a simple dropdown menu like Android's one, but it's a simple link, instead of sliding left or right. Although a tabbed/sliding navigation is better, I had to put a button because it seemed to be too empty.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
This must be a first concept design that actually looks better than original. Usually people just make up some futuristic cr*p. This looks very nice, though it does look somewhat different than WP :)

It does look like you're always getting a toast notification though :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss