Can WP borrow some ideas from Nokia Android v2.0

ebin5

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
While we WP users are busy playing with the new and awesome wp8.1, Nokia(Microsoft) has released another android phone X2 with a refreshed OS.
As we are not caring about the Nokia's OS it is a common fact that it is a heavily skinned android which pretty much resembles WP.
Straight to the point, Nokia had customized it so that the x OS in some areas look better than windowsphone. One area is the fast lane which is accessible swiping to right while in WP it is empty and MS should work on it.it is such a nice feature which makes WP much more nice.
Another is the settings screen(which in WP is horrible) and notification panel which looks better than pretty boring WP panel.
So hope these features with much more enhancements to the UI is present in the next WP versions along with new tile sizes and folder support. You guys can view the below video to get a clear idea. First hands-on with the Nokia X2 - YouTube

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Most of this looks like a run of the mill android launcher, like that crap, Launcher 8. You might be impressed with this but no big whoop for me.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

IMHO Android on Nokia X devices looks like it was designed by Fisher Price.

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
The Nokia X2 OS seemed very awesome! Wish if WP had some features like that. I might even buy a Nokia X2!

ebin5

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Most of this looks like a run of the mill android launcher, like that crap, Launcher 8. You might be impressed with this but no big whoop for me.
I meant not to copy paste Nokia android x UI elements to WP but to take some ideas(mainly fast lane which shows recent apps as WP's swipe right area can be used for something)and implement it in the metroish way.

ebin5

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
The Nokia X2 OS seemed very awesome! Wish if WP had some features like that. I might even buy a Nokia X2!

Yeah,this is basically Nokia's take on WP with adding their own features like fastlane while the original MS version needs some UI refinement.

Wp8 lvr

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Fast lane is gud but u need to go start screen everytime to access fast lane.. but action (notification) center is accessible from everywhere u want..

hope ms listen ur idea..

also native folders r coming very soon as leaked folder settings page yesterday.

ebin5

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Fast lane is gud but u need to go start screen everytime to access fast lane.. but action (notification) center is accessible from everywhere u want..

hope ms listen ur idea..

also native folders r coming very soon as leaked folder settings page yesterday.
About fastlane,yeah we need to go to start screen but to access app list too we need to go to start screen so it is not a problem or MS can make long press windows key to access fastlane.
Folder support is coming to wp8.1 update 1,that was tipped by me to 'the verge' by a tweet @ebin_5 and even Tom warren credited me in his article.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99