Live lockscreen app, what to expect?

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Ever since the feature of having a live lockscreen app was announced .,I've been wondering what It wil do.? Is it just for ammusing people or if its functional....I don't have any idea! Anyone with something?

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm really hoping its more than just looks but i conform with that too. The two (3?) shown back in April were gorgeous.

Mchl5_5Dwrds

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm really excited for it. It's one of the main features that I am eager to test out! It frustrates me that it was not put out at the end of June when they specifically said it would be.
Sent from my NL822 using Tapatalk

final_fantasy781

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Supposedly, the Lockscreen update or changes will be coming with the actual update to Windows Phone 8.1 or the Lumia Cyan update.

It's been since April when last we heard or seen anything as far as what the app or API will actually do. My guess is that they are adding all possibilities. Things like animation could be coming but they're still doing some testing.

mesamit

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
joebelfoire has mentioned it will come to 1GB RAM devices initially......and will be optimized for 512MB RAM devices later on...but it might be a lot of wait for 512 MB RAM users

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It is what exactly I am confused 😖 over.....as i said ,if its just for good looks or if it has any functionality...

Yeah, we are wondering the same things then. But, in all honesty, I think that adding good looks is a function in and of itself. I mean, I'm imagining planets rotating across my screen or a spinning tornado. 😊👍👍👍 If we can add that to the lock screen, not only would it look good, but it might grab the attention of potential buyers. I would like it better if we could have live wallpaper behind our tiles though.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, we are wondering the same things then. But, in all honesty, I think that adding good looks is a function in and of itself. I mean, I'm imagining planets rotating across my screen or a spinning tornado.  If we can add that to the lock screen, not only would it look good, but it might grab the attention of potential buyers. I would like it better if we could have live wallpaper behind our tiles though.

From what was shown during Build 2014 it's not an animated image. The lockscreen can be heavily customized in terms of font family, -size and -color. And if I remember correctly the are animations when unlocking the device, but not when you're not touching the screen.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
From what was shown during Build 2014 it's not an animated image. The lockscreen can be heavily customized in terms of font family, -size and -color. And if I remember correctly the are animations when unlocking the device, but not when you're not touching the screen.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site

So ., at the end of the day 😊,it is yet another change in just looks of WP...i wish if they could add so functionality to it like having apps on lock screen which you use the most and can be opened directly by stopping up 👆 holding their icon..., or gestures on lock screen .... Anything like these.... But adding some functionality would worth something....

AuraTigital

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I really want the Zune music screensaver on the lock screen when playing music. :D
There was an early leak of that custom lock screen but according to others it was fake :'(.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon