Ok, this may sound stupid and far fetched but here me out. I'm not talking aero glass here, because it would ruin the flatness of WP.

I'm not sure what the name is, but on Windows 7 if you "shake" a window, all the windows behind it fade. Imagine being able to do this as a quick way to get back to the start screen. I'm not sure how well it could be implamented, but a short shake of the device could minimise everything and take you to start.

Aero snap, especially if Windows RT and Windows Phone are becoming 1. We all love snapping on Windows 8.1, but make it as powerful as the desktop aero, and by that I mean app stacking as well as being able to snap apps to the side, top, bottom etc. I'm not sure how possible this would be on ARM, but you should be able to pile apps on top of each other somehow. Then a gesture could be used to minimise a foreground app to reveal two others that were laying behind it. Actually if you enable the "Show windows store apps on the taskbar" option and close a modern app, you can almost see this in action already.

By true multitasking I mean changing the app model to work like Win32 with the stacking.

And as well, if anything like this was ever implemented, dear god make sure users have the OPTION to disable / enable it.

By the way, I'm not sure if any of these features would work on WP, but they would be welcome to Windows RT, and I here these are being merged
    07-01-2014 08:04 PM
    I love the aero interface since windows vista. recently iOS7 got a make over and they have eye candy UI(similar to aero).
    Guytronic and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-01-2014 11:09 PM
    It's gotta be only a matter of time before true multitasking is more and more common on mobile devices. I'm all for it. Bring that sh!t on.
    07-01-2014 11:20 PM
    I actually like the flat icons of Windows 8/8.1 better than Aero. I think Aero looked pretty in Vista/7, but I think it was a resource hog.
    07-01-2014 11:21 PM
    I actually like the flat icons of Windows 8/8.1 better than Aero. I think Aero looked pretty in Vista/7, but I think it was a resource hog.
    It was indeed. I saw many vista machines crashing due to aero interface. The problem was that aero requires a video card/graphic card that could support aero, flip 3D and various new animations in windows vista/7. Somehow it was improved in windows 7. I believe aero is still there in windows 8.1 ?
    capture.png
    07-01-2014 11:38 PM
    It was indeed. I saw many vista machines crashing due to aero interface. The problem was that aero requires a video card/graphic card that could support aero, flip 3D and various new animations in windows vista/7. Somehow it was improved in windows 7. I believe aero is still there in windows 8.1 ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	11 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	70722
    DeviantArt has Aero themes for Windows 8.1.
    07-01-2014 11:42 PM
    The vista problems disappeared after SP2, the aero is available in 8.1 but without the 3d flip, transparency is only available in the taskbar
    07-01-2014 11:58 PM