"Item not available" Error

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Looking to install these games on my son's Lumia 928 but the Windows Store on his phone keeps saying "This item isn't available in the Store."

igun pro
gunfinger

My wife and I have Lumia 928's also and these games are available in our Stores.

Immediately I presumed it was an age issue (he is almost 12) so I allowed Mature Games and Unrated Games for him on the MS Family Safety site. Still no luck.

I tried going to his account on windowsphone.com to install the app manually and it seemed to work. Got the message that app should be installing on the phone, but when I start the Xbox Games app, the error message above appears again.

I've read that the issue may be region centric, but his commerce profile, phone profile, etc. are all set to U.S. and the times are correct.

Any thoughts on what the issue is and how I can install these apps?

Thanks in advance.

ENV

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Yep, just double-checked both his phone and his ecommerce profile on microsoft.com.

Is there a region setting for his Xbox profile, because I can't find where to set that?

This error message needs to be made clearer.

ENV

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
RESOLVED.

Odd, I checked my son's phone this morning and now the apps are available in the Store and installing properly.

My thought is that the problem was one of two things: either it took several hours for the Family Safety settings changes to take effect, or it was related to a Store Problem that was posted last night. Can't be sure but problem resolved (itself).

ENV

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OFFSET