Metromail issue and ads

JetFixxxer

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the paid App and notice that I'm getting ADS now at the bottom above the taskbar

I have no new emails or unread mail, but live tile shows 86.
Sent from my Icon (8.1 Dev preview) using Tapatalk

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I have the paid App and notice that I'm getting ADS now at the bottom above the taskbar

I have no new emails or unread mail, but live tile shows 86.

Did you mail the dev??? If he doesn't respond within a week you MAY report the app to MS

JetFixxxer

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I have emailed the Dev a little over a week about the live tile.

The ad must of been a glitch about 0400 this morning I no longer have the ads.

JetFixxxer

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm at 99+ on my live tile and 47 in the right hand notification area. I keep deleting emails, but the number keeps going up.

I've unpinned it and pinned it back and still same thing. The latest update did nothing to fix it. It's something that I can live with for time being, but its annoying.

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Dev here. First, let me apologize about the mess!

To the best of my knowledge, both the live tile and the ads issue are related to WP8.1 bugs. They affect a handful of users, and trust me when I say I'm as frustrated about them as you are! I believe that the ad issue is caused (for the users that are being affected) whenever a new update is released. Upon first launching after the update, the OS doesn't properly "recognize" the app, and wrongly reports its payment status. It should be the case that if you terminate by repeatedly pressing the back button and re-launch, that the problem goes away.

The notificatoin issue is much more annoying. Send me an email and I'll give you a list of steps you can try for resolving. However I am willing to bet money that a hard reset will resolve it regardless (which by itself as a solution, points to this being an OS, rather than an app bug).

​I'm sorry again for this.

duh2

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi apoelin -- I purchased MetroMail on 11/26/13 and enjoyed the full paid version. After recently updating the app, I now find that the app is claiming I have the free verison and is asking for an unlock code to regain the features I have lost. I don't understand how I lost the paid features through an upgrade, but I seem to need this code.
Thanks!

eclectrick ink

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I just started experiencing the issue with ads showing up again after purchasing this app a few weeks ago. Love the app, but I only purchased it so the ads would go away.

Anyone else experience this recently? Pretty sure it was after an update.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I also have the paid version, but yesterday I was notified that in order to view all my accounts I must purchase the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb