Fix for "Setting up BBM"

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Right guys, for those experiencing the problem where "Setting up BBM" shows on your screen for ages, I have found a fix!

Step 1 - If you have already installed BBM, uninstall it and reinstall it from the Store using the link sent to you by BlackBerry
Step 2 - Sign in with your BBM ID, it may ask you to switch to other devices, if this shows up, tap Continue.
If not, just wait.
Step 3 - You will see "Setting up BBM". Wait at this screen with the app open for around 5 minutes.
Step 4 - Force close the app (Hold "Back" and swipe down//WinPhone 8.1 or Hold "Back" and tap 'X'//WinPhone 8 GDR3)
Step 5 - Leave it for 30-45 minutes and then relaunch the app

BBM should now be set up for you!
It worked for me, so it should work for you!

Let me know how you get on below :eek:rly:

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
i had issues setting it up last night, but disabling WiFi worked for me.

I managed to do it over WiFi! I used my Huawei Ascend W1 first to set up BBM, didn't work, so I waited for 30-45mins and it worked, my PIN was no longer displaying 00000000. Once this worked, I went to my Lumia 635, downloaded BBM, switched BBM over to it and then it works perfectly!

Bigdeoye

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
updated my bbm this morning and am stuck at setting up bbm. have uninstalled and reinstalled and also forced closed and waited for 45 mins. there is no breakthrough and am still stuck at setting up bbm. pls wats else can i do?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss