Need a FREE calorie tracking app that works on WP

kevdogg3291

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I need a good relaible app that is not MyFitnessPal to track my calorie intake on windows phone (MyFitnessPal is a Joke on Windows pohne and is not willing to update their app.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Beware of this type of apps. The Bing Health and Fitness lacks serious features in the way it calculates calories (missing height, weight and age). Plus, I've tried several of them with the same data (exercise, time spent, etc) and got very different results (we're talking hundreds of calories of difference between apps and websites).

So choose wisely and, maybe, check with your physician or nutritionnist (if you have one) to confirm the results.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Beware of this type of apps. The Bing Health and Fitness lacks serious features in the way it calculates calories (missing height, weight and age). Plus, I've tried several of them with the same data (exercise, time spent, etc) and got very different results (we're talking hundreds of calories of difference between apps and websites).

So choose wisely and, maybe, check with your physician or nutritionnist (if you have one) to confirm the results.

You're never going to get an accurate reading on calories burned or the way it estimates your calories. You just need to find out how many calories you need, yourself, and use it as a tracker. I wouldn't even use their "guidelines" for Carbs, Protein and Fats. Make your own, with a little research.

I've learned how many calories I need to lose weight, maintain weight or gain weight, so I plug I my foods and go from there. Thats about all you can really get out of these Apps. They could also be useful for health related issue, trying to reduce or increase certain nutrients in your diet.

Most things that estimate calories burned for a specific activity are over estimating. Sometimes badly! Even cardio/gym machines. Everyone's metabolism is different, its impossible to guess.

But, yeah, MyFitnessPal barely works. It often doesn't at all.

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Bing Health & Fitness got their numbers from other provider (IINM, someone in this forum said FatSecret.com)
Also getting calorie intake for home made food is too much effort, especially with recipes that's based on putting whatever you think will taste good from whatever ingredients you have available in the fridge.

kevdogg3291

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
i have been tracking everything in MyFitnessPal for 5 months and have lost 49 lbs. I am looking to continue my journey. I will look into FatSecret for WP. Thanks for the tip. Bing Health and Fitness was as much of a joke as MyFitnessPal.

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
My experience in today's lunch: I can type all the data in faster in Health Vault website than in Bing Health & Fitness.
There's a non-region-limited auto complete, at least when using Firefox. And all the data got synchronized to the apps.

Too bad MyFitnessPal doesn't link to HealthVault too.
That service is like a cloud database for health records and they have API to let the user data be used from various applications.
Fitbit and Moves (activity tracker apps for iPhone) for example can save data to that database.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99