Windows 8.1 vs Android 4.4 vs ios 8: What is Windows 8.1 Missing?

elitelibra

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
With each system making major announcements this year. One has to wonder, how is our fair Windows competing on features against market leaders. A question asked many of times but now its time to compare beta against beta.....

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Ability to email full resolution or images of user selected sizes, google apps such as hangouts and keep, integration with other cloud services such as dropbox, certain commercial apps, ability of 3rd party apps to access video.

^those are still lacking sadly compared to ios and android

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Small screen.
Just to clarify, Windows 8.1, or Windows Phone 8.1 ? :)

The desktop computer side is fortunately going on opposite direction of mobile.
More and more tasks are done with web browser instead of dedicated applications. IE and Firefox is the most used application and this means less being dependent on apps developers, other than those who are "Apps first, web when we're really desperate" approach. Compared to mobile devices that's going to be more and more depended on apps.

And in where I live, availability. Had enough with asking stores if they have Asus Vivotab Note.
Apparently the local Asus distributor here is a wuss who doesn't have the guts to bring in 8" Windows tablet. But they keep stocking the Droids one after another. Dell is no different, no Dell Venue Pro. Lenovo also don't stock any Windows tablet under 10"
Oh, and the Iconia W4 cost almost twice than it would be in the USA.

Brian Ruckley

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
MAP Bluetooth Profile.
Since moving from Android my car no longer reads aloud or displays SMS on dash.
My phone is Nokia 625 on Telstra in Australia.

apecx92

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
redesign back the setting UI.
add colour to background theme because bored already with light and dark.
relocate those game app back to the xbox games app.
video call via mobile network support?

zaslek

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
MAP Bluetooth Profile.
Since moving from Android my car no longer reads aloud or displays SMS on dash.
My phone is Nokia 625 on Telstra in Australia.

Brian -- go to settings - speech - Read aloud incoming messages - Bluetooth only. When its connected to your car you can use voice to read them and respond back :) that's what I do now with my car

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Why do people keep harping on Google Products that won't be coming on here, get off that kick. This isn't Android or Apple. There are 3rd party apps for Dropbox. Heck why do I need more than 1 cloud storage when I have 1tb of online storage as it is now.

coldmail-inlook

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
It is lacking support for USB OTG (On-The-Go), which I urgently need because I want to connect my Nokia Lumia 625, via USB, to something like a Chord Electronics Hugo mobile DAC/headphone amp.

Neilansh

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Full attention of app developers. Like they do in iOS and android New features come very late in windows phone. And newer features of windows phone also come very late which other people enjoy on iOS and android. Late updates, new update 1 of developer version is due next week and my lumia 720 doesn't even have lumia cyan firmware.

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
1. Background wallpapers.
2. Swiping tile notifications away.
3. Ability to customize the color of the live tiles and background.
4. Access apps through the lock screen(besides Cortana).
5. No real “must-have” feature.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs