Anybody know how to get subtitles to work on WP8.1?

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I looked through a couple of threads, but couldn't find an answer.

I tried .srt only, no other extensions, and copied both video and subtitle to the same folder, in "Videos", on my SD card. The "Subtitles" option in the settings is grayed out (disabled).

I'm using the default videos app.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Well my understanding was that it's an "app", regardless of whether whether it's an editor or player. But yeah, i was talking about the player.

I already have Movie Maker 8.1 installed. Don't know how that's related though. Maybe you misinterpreted my question.

The subtitles option refers to displaying/hiding subtitles that are embedded in the video.
^ Answer to my question right there. Thanks!

Ian Eats Babies

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
The default Video app? The one titled "Video?" That is a video player, not editor. The subtitles option refers to displaying/hiding subtitles that are embedded in the video.

Just seen this message, and it's complete bs. Don't reply if yer just guessing, you're not doing anyone a favour.

To get it working, put your video file, together with your .srt file in a folder inside the video folder. A new folder for every subbed video. I rename the .srt file to be the same filename (except for the extension) as the video file, though I do not know if this is necessary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon