Contact Manager app

tsr1983

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm reading news from this site every day and find it to be a great site, since I'm a big fan of Windows Phone and I'm a developer myself.

So I thought, maybe this site would be a good place to show off one of my apps and to hear what I could do better in the future?

Contact Manager | Windows Phone Store til apps + spil (Danmark)

It's not completely done yet, I'm updating/improving it over time and whenever I find new bugs.

Thank you!

Best Regards
Thomas

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi Thomas.

I looked at your app in the wp store... the UI looks good. Very clean and professional. I think your description might need to explain to people that their contacts are synced with Outlook.com, but that means that if they delete records from their phones, those contacts are also deleted from Outlook and that's why they need a backup.

Having said that, is there any way to add value to the app? In particular, I know a lot of people who want to be able to tag contacts as business or personal, coworker or customer, and so on, then be able to sort/filter using those tags.

Another function that could add value is exporting contact records to a printable Word docx or PDF, such as needed for labels. I'm not a dev and have no idea if that kind of functionality is possible, but just some random thoughts about what's missing in the built-in Contacts app.

Keep it going!

BTW, we need another app.... I discovered that if I delete live tiles and don't replace with another tile, I don't get to see my background picture. I get a black hole instead. I want an app that just creates a blank transparent tile that doesn't go anywhere if I tap it. It just allows me to see my picture. It would also have to allow me to use it multiple times (maybe requiring pinnable blank1, blank2, blank3, etc.?). I know that sounds like a dumb app, but I like the background pic. :D

tsr1983

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for feedback 'Nerdy Woman'.

I think you're right with what you're saying about the description, I will take a look at it soon :)

About the other features, I think they should be possible to integrate in the app, though I haven't researched it yet. I'm aiming at adding new features once in a while based on feedback, but without making the UI too clumpsy and confusing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077