Anyone looking for a great music player on WP for no streaming uses try musictastic!

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I have downloaded several music apps to use as alternatives to Xbox music as it is pretty poor for those that play their own music. Most have promise but sorely lack a couple features or functionality to be good alternatives. Tried musictastic last week and love it! Very nice UI. Album art reads perfect and takes up a large portion of the screen. Use is very intuitive. Large playlist when using random function go through the whole playlist (when I do this in Xbox music it will only cycle through like 50 of the 540 song playlist. Works fast and great. Only feature missing for me is being able to rate music but i have yet to find one that does. If you miss Zune and want a good player for WP then definitely download this app! Let me know what you think of it.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have downloaded several music apps to use as alternatives to Xbox music as it is pretty poor for those that play their own music. Most have promise but sorely lack a couple features or functionality to be good alternatives. Tried musictastic last week and love it! Very nice UI. Album art reads perfect and takes up a large portion of the screen. Use is very intuitive. Large playlist when using random function go through the whole playlist (when I do this in Xbox music it will only cycle through like 50 of the 540 song playlist. Works fast and great. Only feature missing for me is being able to rate music but i have yet to find one that does. If you miss Zune and want a good player for WP then definitely download this app! Let me know what you think of it.

Try Music Mink

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Try Music Mink

Downloaded it. The sync music option with music on the phone keeps stopping at 200 when there are over 1000 songs on the phone. Like the fields and choices it offers but not as good as musictastic for my needs. Thank you though, always open to trying different apps.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded it. The sync music option with music on the phone keeps stopping at 200 when there are over 1000 songs on the phone. Like the fields and choices it offers but not as good as musictastic for my needs. Thank you though, always open to trying different apps.

Here are the other app you should try:
> OneMusic
> Muzic player by Visum Solutions.
> Listen free version

anon(8938849)

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what the problem with Xbox music even is. I've used it on three different devices and it worked perfectly on all of them. I use it on my 1520 to play my own music and it's never had one single issue. *shrugs*

Unless it's just "different" than the zune app (which I've never used) and people miss zune.

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Nearest to Zune are:
1. OneMusic
2. Muzik Player (trial includes 25 app runs)
Those are the best alternatives to Xbox music app.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I've used onemusic and musictastic is definetly a superior app in my opinion. Just downloaded muzik will use it later and let you know what I think. Thanks for the suggestion. Curious though has anyone here tryed musictastic?

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what the problem with Xbox music even is. I've used it on three different devices and it worked perfectly on all of them. I use it on my 1520 to play my own music and it's never had one single issue. *shrugs*

Unless it's just "different" than the zune app (which I've never used) and people miss zune.
Are you using wp8 or 8.1? Xbox music took several steps back with wp8.1. It will get back up there as they had to rewrite it as an app seperatw from the os.

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Just opened muzik and let it read the songs on my phone. It wont read my playlists. Does the app not support playlists?

Yes it supports playlist but it seems like its not synchronizing Xbox Music playlists, so you need to make a new ones from Muzik Player app.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes it supports playlist but it seems like its not synchronizing Xbox Music playlists, so you need to make a new ones from Muzik Player app.

Can it create smart playlists, because that is what I use the most. Pick a genre, and create a playlist 3 star and above.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
If it does that would be nice. Currently I use windows media player on windows 7 because the phone sync app for 7 sucks. Musictastic reads the playlists perfectly.

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I just installed Musictastic and already have problems with app. It doesn't read artists and it has crushed two times in short period. I thought it would be better as you said, but its good enough for the price of free.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
That's really weird mine hasn't crashed once and has no problems reading artists. You might leave it open for a moment to update list. Or soft restart phone in case something is interfering. Been using it daily for a week with no issues so far. Hope it fixes it for you.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
That's really weird mine hasn't crashed once and has no problems reading artists. You might leave it open for a moment to update list. Or soft restart phone in case something is interfering. Been using it daily for a week with no issues so far. Hope it fixes it for you.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

People do miss Zune. Its not just they want Zune back on and of itself, its just for many the best designed music app we have used. And we don't understand why Ms hasn't caught up with the functionality of it with Xbox music.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I just installed Musictastic and already have problems with app. It doesn't read artists and it has crushed two times in short period. I thought it would be better as you said, but its good enough for the price of free.

There's a setting in the app to keep the screen on, this might help while waiting for it to load everything. Can't remember if I had to wait or not. Don't think I did.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb