Multiple BBM apps

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello. I was part of the BBM private beta. Now instead of opening the beta to everyone, they have released a different app to everyone. I installed that and now I have two BBM apps on my phone. Obviously I will only keep one.

Is there any incentive if keeping one over the other? Will the closed beta provide more frequent updates?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
They've not said to keep it or not - I would have thought they would have let us know what to do with it by now. Personally - I got rid of the closed beta one. Mainly so I didn't mix them up as they have the same icon.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have decided to keep both, with only the closed beta signed in and pinned to the start screen. Whichever one gets an update next, stays.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've just kept the private beta version. I figure it might get updated, since I used to be in the beta group for BlackBerry when I used BlackBerry devices, and I usually got updated beta apps back then.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I've just kept the private beta version. I figure it might get updated, since I used to be in the beta group for BlackBerry when I used BlackBerry devices, and I usually got updated beta apps back then.

Not to mention the Private Beta is at 1.0.0.0 and the Public Beta is at 1.0.0.0, however, I won't be surprised if the version numbers are not co-related at all.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Can you guys have some photos up? There are a number of benefits having 2 bbm on one phone, one for business, one for personal contacts for example. Do they both work? Like 2 different PINs?

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Can you guys have some photos up? There are a number of benefits having 2 bbm on one phone, one for business, one for personal contacts for example. Do they both work? Like 2 different PINs?

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro

Depends on the BBID used to sign in, but I think one would sign the other out if it's been written so you can't log into two different devices/apps at once.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Depends on the BBID used to sign in, but I think one would sign the other out if it's been written so you can't log into two different devices/apps at once.

That is correct. You must have 2 different bbid, i.e 2 different email accounts registered.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Well, I have used multiple blackberries in the past and you can use the same BBID on multiple phones, but they will obviously have separate PINs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6