Any decent Google Voice client apps that function similar to the GV app on Android?

jdbii

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
The Google Voice app feature on Android that I like the most, and what I'm looking for on a Windows 8.1 app, is having my Google Voice # show up on the caller ID of the person I'm calling.

slick5150

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, there really isn't anything anymore. There were a few until Google killed off the API and prevented 3rd party apps from accessing most of the Google Voice features.

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I saw some people over on Howard forums talking about using Google Voice with Viber or Skype to get Google Voice # show up on the caller ID. I don't know much about it other than I saw a thread talking about it today. Hopefully this works as an option.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I saw some people over on Howard forums talking about using Google Voice with Viber or Skype to get Google Voice # show up on the caller ID. I don't know much about it other than I saw a thread talking about it today. Hopefully this works as an option.

I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the heads up! I wish metrotalk would come back.

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I stumbled onto the thread talking about it in the Cricket forum. The thread title is "Lumia and Google Voice (GV) - will that work?" if you want to check it out.
My main question right now is how would texting be handled? I don't know much about GV, Skype or Viber but from my understanding Viber really doesn't text. It sends messages to other Viber users. GV can send and receive text messages, but is there a way for them to be accessed on a Windows phone? Skype can send text messages but can't receive them if what I read was right and still current.
Someone over at Howard Forums explained to me that the texting would be through GV using my providers text messaging. So it shouldn't be a problem

Last edited:

iceman198

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I actually developed an app (Clear Dial) for Windows Phone...have you tried it out? If so, what to you think? It still uses your minutes (not data) to make a call but at least it utilizes your GV number. Anyhoo, if you've tried it out, let me know. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99