it seems the list of shortcut in the Action Center is not enough. Now I think we can expand it a little bit more to match our needs. Here are my example:

1. When we access the Action Center, it seems like this:

14813960784_310ed2cc40_o_d.png

2. And when we slide from the right to the left - or tap on the arrow icon, we can move to another list of shorcut, like this:

14793335026_1d4c7cb255_o_d.png

Have fun and I hope to hear from you soon ^_^
    08-03-2014 04:47 AM
    I think it'll be better if we (users) are able to select out of all those shortcuts 5 shortcuts to put at the top row. Then with a quick swipe (or with two fingers) kick away the notification centre and list all the shortcuts there. But I think the more crucial thing to do here is to allow turning off of Wi-Fi a one-tap process, and perhaps view the Wi-Fi settings by holding it.
    08-03-2014 05:34 AM
    I think it'll be better if we (users) are able to select out of all those shortcuts 5 shortcuts to put at the top row. Then with a quick swipe (or with two fingers) kick away the notification centre and list all the shortcuts there. But I think the more crucial thing to do here is to allow turning off of Wi-Fi a one-tap process, and perhaps view the Wi-Fi settings by holding it.
    Exactly right, all the shortcut will be assigned by the users :)
    08-03-2014 12:22 PM
    I think you are right about everything except one thing. The quick swipe thing doesn't make that much sense to me, because then you can't call them 'shortcuts' anymore (you would need to do 2 gestures only to get there). Above that, this new shortcut list in the action center would do exactly the same thing as the 'settings' list itself.

Instead I would propose to have the 5 shortcuts in action center instead of 4 (like you said) and to make the real settings menu a lot more interactive than it is now. (adding switches where necessary, rethinking and redesigning the structure of the settings menu,...). If you then tapped on 'all settings' in action center, you would go to an interactive settings menu instead of the static menu we have now.

Like you said, making the wi-fi shortcut a one-tap process is something that needs to change. Another important thing is also to make a shorcut for data connection available.

I have made a concept of action center recently with 5 quick actions. It's a redesign so I tried to add someting new to it. Take a look if you like, it's one of the threads you'll find in this section of the forum (I can't post url's yet :) )
    nthkmf likes this.
    08-05-2014 10:27 AM
    How bout make it so you can swipe left or right on the quick actions 'bar' and make it scrollable. You set 5 main ones that will show up on default when you swipe down from the top for the action center, and then you can scroll the quick actions left and right to any other ones (I dunno up to 10 total). But it always resets to the 5 main ones you set whenever you leave and reenter the action centre.
    08-11-2014 12:33 AM
    Great concept. But I think a single line of scrollable toggles may be more convenient. Two rows may look a bit crowded, particularly in phones with smaller screens.
    08-29-2014 10:03 AM
    Best guess new options sliding sideways as the android.
    11-01-2014 04:47 PM